color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Lizzy!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
congrats, lizzy!! :D btw, love the name!

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Lizzy!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Lizzy!! Love the name!

Flyby, whoosh!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATS, Lizzy!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so thrilled for you!!! Cant wait to hear your birth story and see pics of little Rowan!!! Love that name, BTW!!!

How's everyone doing? I'm having a "woe is me" kind of day. EVERYTHING hurts. I have the worst heartburn that no medication is helping with, my back is killing me all the time, and even my hands and fingers are hurting like heck (I 'm pretty sure I have carpal tunnel in both hands now). UGH. This is not pleasant. And I just feel like I have SO LONG to go. Told you, I'm totally having a pity party over here. I know I shouldn't complain, but I just can't help it!
Pregnancy is not easy :blackeye: I know it will totally be worth it in the end though!!! Just gotta keep chugging along!!

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Lizzy!!! I had a feeling that was it for you!!! Yay for another boy! I love his name!

My SIL had her baby today. She was admitted at 5cm dilated and less than 90 mins later she delivered :shock: They were team green and had a boy named Caleb Jeffrey. This is their third and they got their boy finally! Blake has a new friend now!

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for being MIA...how is everyone??

PPM, you're at the top of the list! Any day now! Your pic from Weds looks great. Honestly - you look awesome adn the baby is low so I'm going to guess within the next three or four days that babe is here! I've done acupuncture once and although I'm not sure it worked for the purpose I went in for, I did find it relaxing. Hopefully it does the trick for you! For now, just enjoy all of the baby movements inside of you and think about how perfect that little bean is!

Dani, I hear you with the "woe is me" -- I've been having those days more often than not and it ends up at DH's expense. I've just been so tired and cranky about my body the past few days that by the end of the day I am just a nightmare meltdown mess! Being pregnant takes a huge toll and I think it is totally fine to have these days.

Missy, that's so nice your SIL had a boy! Will be great for the boys to be close in age. I also love the name Caleb - it's on our list!

amc, how ya holding up? So sorry to hear about your pup. Are you still working? I went to the Dr on Tues and he was like "wait, what do you mean you're working til you deliver??" So, he suggested I shut it down at 38 weeks and it seems this shouldn't be a problem, except that I think I will shut it down closer to 39 weeks. LOL.

lulu, aren't maternity clothes just the BEST?! Honestly, I think they are so darn comfortable and they accent the bump. Pregnant women who try to stay in normal clothes just look silly most of the time b/c the clothes don't fit the belly. And yay for no more placenta previa! That's really great to hear and I'm sure a huge relief for you!

Buttons, your 31 week pic looks great! Don't feel bad, I've been crying a lot over nothign lately as well. At my drs appt on Tues she misplaced my chart which resulted in me waiting an hour longer and I cried when she tried to apologize about it. Talk about crazy pregnancy hormones!

Hello to all the other preggos!

AFM, 35w2d. We met with our doulas the other night to go over the birth plan and talk about labor/delivery. They are both awesome and we are really looking forward to the birth. I've actually realized that I'm much more afraid of a c-section than I am of labor and delivery. I don't know why, but my fears reside with losing control of my body really. Saw Dr on Weds and he thinks Aug 15 is the more appropriate due date for me, but he won't officially change it so we have more time.

I'm planning to work until Aug 7 or so, so hopefully the bean hangs around until then. We are still unpacking and settling into our new home, preparing for baby, etc. I've been crying a lot about the stress of it all and because I simply can't sleep well the exhaustion just makes it worse. I'm hoping that having the in-laws come to help this weekend will put me at some sort of ease.

I can't believe I'm third on the list...holy crap!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippeeeee, congratulations lizzy!! What a wonderful end to such a long road for you all! I love love LOVE his name! Hope you're all going great!!!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
PilsnPinkysMom said:
AMC: No more preparations for you, mama! Make someone else do it all and keep your BP down as low as possible! Of course, easier said than done... but surely you do not need added stress in your life. Please take care of yourself ::) So your doc is thinking next week, more or less? So crazy! And exciting! Two weeks would be great, as you said, but I sense your LO will be a-ok if he comes in a week's time. Let us know the results of the 24/hr urine collection. Do you have a BP cuff to use at home? Are you feeling different, physically?? Like, could you tell that your BP was elevated?

I really can't tell when it's high. You'd think I would be able to feel something since it's always pretty low, but no luck. What really makes me relax and stay put, though, is that I start having contractions as soon as I move around for more than a few minutes. We don't have a cuff. I thought about getting one but decided to just keep an eye on symptoms instead.

megumic said:
amc, how ya holding up? So sorry to hear about your pup. Are you still working? I went to the Dr on Tues and he was like "wait, what do you mean you're working til you deliver??" So, he suggested I shut it down at 38 weeks and it seems this shouldn't be a problem, except that I think I will shut it down closer to 39 weeks. LOL.

Thanks! Yep, still working, from home. If I get scheduled for induction I'll probably take a (whopping) day off or something before. Otherwise, I'm working until I'm in labor. I'd rather use my time off after the baby is here, you know? I can't believe we are suddenly #s 2 & 3 on the list! BTW, aren't you 36w2 days today, not 35w2d?

Do you want to know what's really annoying? Having to collect your pee for 24 hours. It makes the multiple middle of the night trips to the bathroom even more annoying. Luckily I'm done, but really hoping none of you have to do it. Oh, but if you do, I recommend getting two collection bottles up front if you drink any decent amount of water.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Lizzy!! Such a cute name! I can't wait to hear your birth story!

Oh PPM, I wanted to add to LCs food suggestion. The night before I had L I asked my friend from China, who has lots of great pregnancy tips from there in her books, and she suggested watermelon. I ate a quarter of one and had L the next day. have some with your eggplant parm and perhaps we'll hear your story soon! :cheeky:

Missy0483

Brilliant_Rock
AMC - I have to agree. The 24 hour urine collection is so annoying!!! I did 6 of them. 5 of them were from about 34 weeks til the end. I never want to see another orange jug again!!! Will you get your results today??

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Lol omg Amc you're right. I am 36w2d, not 35!!!! Wishful thinking maybe....

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc, keep us posted on what you find out. What is the purpose of the urine test? Preeclampsia? I'm also planning to work until the day I go into labor. I'm sure it's miserable working when you're near or full term, but I would hate to lose precious days with my baby at home.

megumic, hope you manage to feel somewhat settled in before your baby arrives! Too funny that you're taking away weeks. I'm always thinking ahead and accidentally adding weeks to my pregnancy in my mind. I hate wishing away time, but the thought of 12 more weeks of getting increasingly bigger and more uncomfortable is so daunting right now.

Dani, I think we're all entitled to a woe is me day once in awhile. I try so hard not to complain because all things considered, I've had an easy pregnancy, and I don't want to seem ungrateful, but there are just days I plain feel sorry for myself and feel discouraged by the fact there are still a whole 12 weeks to go. I'm trying to distract myself with other events I can look forward to like visits from friends and family in the next few weeks or my good friends wedding next month and getting the guest room cleared out and turned into a baby room. Hang in there!

AFM, I'm 28 weeks today, which I think puts me officially in the third trimester. Is 28 weeks when people start counting movements? I wish I could feel the baby move more often than I do. I feel him move a little bit at least a few times each day, but it is still so sporadic and not very strong. I assume my anterior placenta is to blame for that. I have to admit I still pull out the doppler every couple of days for extra reassurance. I'm envious of the moms who feel constant movement because it really does make you bond with the baby when you feel those little thumps. I still smile to myself every time I feel it. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Oh, and a pharmacist friend of mine just forwarded this article about the resurgence of whooping cough. Be sure you and those who will be around your baby a lot get vaccinated! http://vitals.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/07/19/12835335-cdc-whooping-cough-epidemic-worst-in-50-years?lite

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Lizzy!! I love the name Rowan! I'm just over the moon for you! After everything you went through, I can't believe you're finally holding your baby in your arms. Rowan must know how much he is loved!!

MP, I can't believe you're 28 weeks along!! I have a feeling you will start to feel regular movement in the next few weeks. I also had an anterior placenta and was frustrated that I rarely felt movement. Finally in the last 6 - 8 weeks I was feeling it often. Woohoo for being in the last trimester!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Monkey I didn't have anterior placenta, just the laziest baby ever. But you'll notice you'll feel him more often. If you ever start missing movement, just eat some ice cream. Cold + sweet gets babies moving around.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Missy0483|1342805279|3237286 said:
AMC - I have to agree. The 24 hour urine collection is so annoying!!! I did 6 of them. 5 of them were from about 34 weeks til the end. I never want to see another orange jug again!!! Will you get your results today??

No they said it takes a few days to get the results. I'm really hoping my doc has them by my appointment on Monday, since a lot depends on what's in my pee (apparently!). I can't believe you had to to 6 of them. Thank GOD I'm working from home right now, I mean what would I do otherwise? Carry the giant orange jug around with me at work?

monkeyprincess said:
amc, keep us posted on what you find out. What is the purpose of the urine test? Preeclampsia? I'm also planning to work until the day I go into labor. I'm sure it's miserable working when you're near or full term, but I would hate to lose precious days with my baby at home.

Exactly. Apparently a level of 300 (no idea on the units) something of protein over 24 hours qualifies as a diagnosis for pre-e. My pee has been super clean so far, in my weekly checks, so I'm not sure what they will find.

megumic said:
Lol omg Amc you're right. I am 36w2d, not 35!!!! Wishful thinking maybe....
Ha, thought so :) I am 36w3d and for the life of me I can't understand why our due dates are 9 days apart!

lliang_chi said:
Monkey I didn't have anterior placenta, just the laziest baby ever.
Totally made me laugh out loud. I've got the opposite problem- this kid moves ALL the time. I think he's running out of room to be straight up and down, because about every 10-15 minutes he moves from one side to the other. Super comfy for me. :roll:

Want to know something scary? Based on that u/s on Monday, and the fact that they gain about 1oz a day at this point, this kid is cracking the 8lb mark today. I know, huge margin of error...so he could "only" be 7lbs. Or he could be 9.

Okay, embarrassing question time- is anyone else having major gas issues? My problem is when I sit up straight or stand everything is pinched...so as soon as I tilt at all to the side, well, there's a release. It's sort of ridiculous. And that's my TMI story for the day.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1342814853|3237388 said:
Missy0483|1342805279|3237286 said:
Okay, embarrassing question time- is anyone else having major gas issues? My problem is when I sit up straight or stand everything is pinched...so as soon as I tilt at all to the side, well, there's a release. It's sort of ridiculous. And that's my TMI story for the day.

amc, I guess that's reason number 2 it's good you're working from home these days. ;-) Sorry, between that and the urine collection, I'd be miserable too. At least you know you are receiving extra good care.

NEL and LC, thanks! It's good to hear that my little guy is not the only non-kicker, lazy baby around. He is definitely irritable though because most of his movements seem to be to let me know that I'm encroaching on his space or annoying him with the doppler or by resting my laptop near him or letting a cat sit in my lap. I guess he just likes his personal space, the little hypocrite :)

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Lizzy!!! :) :) :)

I am going on a breast feeding course in the morning, hopefully it will be good. Nothing much else to report here, packing up our stuff and getting ready to move house. Fun fun.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Take care ladies!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I swore I wouldn't be one of these women...but how do you know if youve got a slow leak or if it's sweat? My undies are damp but it's pretty hot out. But it doesn't smell like sweat, it smells like semen which is what we were told in our class that amniotic fluid smells like. Any thoughts??

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
amc the advice in our ante natal class was that if you are unsure about any discharge to put on a pad for a few hours and then have a sniff see. Then they said if you're still unsure after that ring in and if needs be you can bring the pad as there is a strip test they can do for amniotic fluid.

Hope all is well, thinking of you!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I called the doc and they had me go in. Test for amniotic fluid came back negative. I was having some decent contractions but nothing regular or too bad, so I was released. The second I stepped out of the hospital (waiting for dh to come around with the car), I started getting really bad contractions. I didn't think much of it until we got home. I started timing them and they were anywhere between 2-10 minutes apart. They were also much stronger than those I've had until now- as in stop talking because they hurt too much. I reused to go straight back to the hospital. After all. I had just been checked and wasn't dilated at all. I managed to get a few hours of really bad sleep before waking up to ridiculous heartburn and some nausea, along with cramping and contractions. Until this point most of the contractions I've had have been lower down and have felt like period cramps. These are higher up (above my belly button) and it almost feels like horrible gas...like I ate bad Indian food or something. It's 5am now. I have a doc appt at 2:45 but i will probably call right at 8 to see if I can go in earlier. It definitely feels like something is starting...

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
AMC, you sound like me. I refused to believe that the pains I'd been having were contractions, even though they were coming at 6-9 mins apart. I think you should definitely call as soon as possible because this might be the real thing!

PPM, any news?

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
amc, wow, another eventful weekend for you. Keep us posted if you get a chance, but I'll be thinking of you in case this is the real deal.

PPM, just saw your nursery on the other thread. So beautiful. You did an awesome job. Any movement on your end? Hoping things start happening for you soon.

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
AMC, good luck to you. Sounds like this might be labor. Keep us posted.

PPM, hope all is well. Maybe the baby is here!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Well, things appear to have just stopped. I'm sort of shocked because the contractions were pretty intense and regular. Such a dramatic uterus I have. I was going to try to get in to my OB earlier than my 2:45 appointment, but that seems sort of pointless now. I'm really curious to see of those contractions dilated me at all.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
amc80|1343058556|3238553 said:
Well, things appear to have just stopped. I'm sort of shocked because the contractions were pretty intense and regular. Such a dramatic uterus I have. I was going to try to get in to my OB earlier than my 2:45 appointment, but that seems sort of pointless now. I'm really curious to see of those contractions dilated me at all.
Oy! A dramatic uterus, indeed!

Does anyone in this thread have HG? If you do, do you mind sharing how long you were very sick? I'll be 19 weeks tomorrow and I'm still really sick. I have had a couple good days, and a handful of good evenings, but more often than not I'm too sick to leave the house. And, if you were on Zofran did you just take it the entire time?

Buttons

Shiny_Rock
amc how did your appointment go? :wavey:

Haven I'm so sorry you are still sick! You are really suffering, you poor thing! I went back and had a look through my old posts and found this old reply I wrote to vintagelover a few months ago when she asked a similar question:

vintagelover I was very nauseated from weeks 7 through 13, but no vomiting. I couldn't see straight half the time I was so dizzy and sick. I also had a horrible headache for eight weeks straight, turning into a migraine every third day or so. In week 14, I vomited for the first time, and continued to vomit every other day or so until about half way through week 16. I am still finding my gag reflex is crazy strong and that it gets set off very easily.

I don't mean to scare you, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone! And, that there is light at the end of the tunnel - this week I feel much better! I am still way more tired than I ever normally am, and I have more severe motion sickness than usual, but the 24/7 nausea is gone and I can brush my teeth in safety again! Hang in there, it will get better.

PS - some stuff that worked for me: ginger tea or even better, ginger biscuits; still water with lemon juice added; glucose barley sweets and wine gums (I know, so bad); Jacob's cream crackers (dry, or with Philadelphia); salt and vinegar crisps; toast with butter; and Weetabix. Maybe something in there will help you too!

In retrospect really I think the key for me was to try to NEVER have an empty stomach. The times the nausea was at its peak were times I had been fasting for a while - when work prevented me from eating at hourly intervals, or after sleeping for a while. Now that I'm 32 weeks I'm finding the nausea returning if I don't keep on top of the regular eating. I stash snacks all around me at all times! I remember the nausea up to 16 weeks as being so bad that sometimes I crawled around the house on my hands and knees with my eyes closed because I literally couldn't function if I stood up. I get cross eyed even now thinking about how sick the motion of opening the fridge door used to make me :knockout: I kept wondering how on earth would I cope if I had a desk job, or a toddler to mind?!? I was so miserable. When the doctor told me at 14 weeks that yes, I was more sick than the average person, I just cried and cried in her office with the relief that I wasn't a total wuss.

Disregard this next bit if you don't find it useful but I also found it very comforting when a relative who had recently had a baby sent me a text message saying not to feel cheated that the fog didn't lift at 13 weeks like the books promise it will - she said something along the lines of that she thought the second trimester honeymoon period thing was really just that you started to get used to being miserable all the time! It was sort of trench humour I guess but I felt like I wasn't alone and that feeling of solidarity really helped me.

Now I was never diagnosed with HG so I'm sure my symptoms were nowhere near as bad as yours but fingers crossed maybe something in all this rambling might be useful... thinking of you and really hoping you start to feel better and better really soon! Hugs!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Buttons! I'm finding myself getting a bit desperate lately, I'm just crying a lot between my bouts of being sick, and I'm starting to feel very alone. So your post is really very reassuring, thank you! I feel like I've just hit a breaking point where I'm not handling it all as well mentally as I was before, if that makes sense. I cried for so long this morning and I really couldn't tell you why. I'm just frustrated and sick of being sick, I guess. I don't know, I've never felt like this before. I think my post here was looking for exactly what you shared--a sense that I'm not alone, and it will be okay. Thank you so much.

I'm struggling with friends and family who think I'm just being weak or whiny, too. A friend told me that I must just be overly sensitive, which of course made me cry! Ironic, I know.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven|1343073289|3238689 said:
Thank you, Buttons! I'm finding myself getting a bit desperate lately, I'm just crying a lot between my bouts of being sick, and I'm starting to feel very alone. So your post is really very reassuring, thank you! I feel like I've just hit a breaking point where I'm not handling it all as well mentally as I was before, if that makes sense. I cried for so long this morning and I really couldn't tell you why. I'm just frustrated and sick of being sick, I guess. I don't know, I've never felt like this before. I think my post here was looking for exactly what you shared--a sense that I'm not alone, and it will be okay. Thank you so much.

I'm struggling with friends and family who think I'm just being weak or whiny, too. A friend told me that I must just be overly sensitive, which of course made me cry! Ironic, I know.

aww I am sorry. I hate when people are not sympathetic to preggos! I remember a family members MIL told me she didn't remember being so tired like I was, that maybe twins is different (in an unsympathetic tone). Anway, sending you a giant hug. I was sick for 15 weeks and my sister was sick the whole time for both her pregnancies. I hope you feel better soon. Ditto AMC on lots of mini meals; I do remember protein/small meals often helped me some too keep the wooziness away. I remember some ladies said lemonade helped? sending feel better vibes your way Haven.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc, how did your appointment go?? Any more action?!

Aww Haven, I'm so sorry you're still feeling so rotten, I'm so hopeful that one day soon it will all subside and disappear! I really feel for you hon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results