carat
color
clarity

Britax Roundabout carseat question

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie said:
Dreamer_D said:
haha... your baby weighs less than 20lbs, there is hardly any pressure on his little tush ;)) He will live. I think babies could sleep on a rock, if they had to.

You have never met Micah, LOL! He absolutely loathes hard surfaces - he hates his crib mattress intensely. But if I put a blanket or two under the sheet to make it soft, he loves it and will stay in it even if he's awake. My Prince and the Pea!

hee hee... I said if he *had* to, not if mom was willing to let him :tongue: We have the rundabout and Hunte really loves it, much more than he liked he other carseat. I think it is pretty comfy.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Mara said:
MP... re a used car seat, people can SAY it's never been in an accident but I wouldn't feel comfortable not knowing for 10000%. Esp since they kid is supposed to use it for years. The cynic in me would say the story is sad but who knows if its true. Maybe I watch too much CSI.

BRU sometimes does 25% trade in specials for this very reason--they do it so that people won't recycle or re-use used car seats for safety reasons. Can you guys trade in your infant for a deal on a convertible?

I'm the same, but he will see it today and decide. It looks brand new in the pictures. The current carseat we have is "used" (the woman got three for her baby shower, barely used the one we got) because we honestly could not afford to shell out $300 for the stroller and carseat system we needed. Kind of like now. Oh well.

We do intend on using the current seat on a trade-in at BRU, this seat will only be used until we can do that, then this seat will be given to the grandparents since they rarely drive around with him. But they need one just in case.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out the Cosco Scenera too. I think Fiery got it as her 2nd car seat. I am going to get one for my Mom's car since J rarely is in it, maybe 3-4x a month for 15-20 min. It has great safety ratings and it's pretty bare bones but it's basic. And it's $50 at Walmart. It is def not cushy but I figure for as little as he's in it, he can deal--plus we usually just give him a toy and he occupies himself. Also now that he's on the side instead of the middle he loves looking out the window and talking.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
So the seat is kind of awesome, and now I want to keep it, haha! Unless we find something I can't live without. Micah loves it, too. He can see out so much better, he's all snuggly in it, and apparently it's comfy cause he promptly fell asleep.

I think we will look at the Scenera, Mara. I looked at it before and it seemed so hard, but since it will only be when he is with grandma, I think we can make it work.

bigboyseat.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
MP, I know that he is not in the car for that shot, but will put the reminder in anyway (even though it's hard to see for the pic).

Check the instructions, but from memory (for a Britax at least), in a rear facing position, the straps over his shoulder should be at or BELOW shoulder level. This changes for forward facing.

The buckle at his chest should be at ARMPIT level. 2 reasons: this keeps the harness over his shoulders to restrain in him case of an accident, and pressure at the ribcage is safer than pressure at the exposed gut.

Cute boy!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal said:
MP, I know that he is not in the car for that shot, but will put the reminder in anyway (even though it's hard to see for the pic).

Check the instructions, but from memory (for a Britax at least), in a rear facing position, the straps over his shoulder should be at or BELOW shoulder level. This changes for forward facing.

The buckle at his chest should be at ARMPIT level. 2 reasons: this keeps the harness over his shoulders to restrain in him case of an accident, and pressure at the ribcage is safer than pressure at the exposed gut.

Cute boy!

Thanks for this reminder - daddy took this shot at home, he wasn't in the car at the time. But while I'm not sure about the straps being at or below shoulder level, I do know the chest buckle was positioned correctly when he picked me up at work later. He did mention that it seemed super tight because the straps were below his shoulders in the back, but that's actually correct, isn't it? (Crap, I need to go find the manual.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results