shape
carat
color
clarity

Birthday cakes

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wanted to show off the cakes my cousin has done for the kids' birthdays.

This was the first one she did for London, when London turned 3 and was sooo into Blue's Clue's. I remember expecting something way different and being so surprised! I figured it would be a cake pan shaped like Blue's head and then the blue frosting "stars/dots" of frosting, you know how cakes used to be decorated. London was thrilled to pieces.

100_1032.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was for her 4th birthday. She was big into Monster's Inc and Randall was her favorite. She was hopping around like a goofball when she saw this one. My cousin had put some sort of dust, like gold dust on Randall, so his scales shimmered. None of the pics of the cakes ever turn out *exact* to how the cakes look in real life..too bad b/c they're really something.

100_0120.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
5th birthday, and Tinkerbell was the ticket. This one was a bit of a challenge, Tinkerbell didn't want to cooperate and I remember my cousin being so ticked off!

100_0796.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
6th birthday. This one was my favorite. London wanted a princess cake, and she was actually rendered speechless when this cake was brought in. Cinderella is my favorite princess so I was pretty happy too haha. I loved the pumpkins and the vines all around the bottom, and the little glass slipper on the steps.

100_0155.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
7th birthday, today. Asked for a horse cake. This one and the Cinderella cake are grainy, I'm not sure what we had the camera set on but ugh, I was irritated when I got the pictures onto the computer and saw how grainy they are. So, of course, you can't see the detail as well. We had kids over today for the party and the reactions from them were just so cute..some of them thought it was a toy on the table and wanted to play with it.

100_1507.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trapper's now. His first birthday. Hunter orange and camo.

100_0398.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd birthday. Elmer Fudd, and he was a bobble head. His head didn't want to stay on but it really did bobble!

100_1009.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
3rd birthday. Trapper was huge into dinosaurs, and still is. We were BAD parents and didn't take any pictures-honestly, how horrible is that???? The entire party, and all we have is one of the cake alone and 2 of Trapper w/the cake, all from my dad. We each thought the other was taking pictures. :rolleyes: He's going to have massive 2nd child issues w/hardly any pics of himself. Plus, the lighting is weird, and the colors aren't right at all on this one. This is my favorite one of his so far. It actually looked like a toy dinosaur climbing onto his cake.

trappercake.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, there ya have it. They're all her creations, I just tell her the general idea-like princess or dinosaur, and she comes up w/the rest. I'm going to ask if I can post some of the other ones she's done..mind blowing. She did a couple Harry Potter ones I think you guys would love! I rag on her all the time about starting her own business.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Such amazing birthday cakes. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Those are fabulous!

I made my own 4 tier wedding cake and Daisy's 1st birthday cake, I have a degree in design and they still looked like someone decorated them using their feet, so I am very impressed with all cake decorating these days, but those are fantastic!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally fun to see...those are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat those are amazing, I would drive to iowa for one of those cakes! I bet it's hard to cut into them when the time comes, they are too fabulous to eat!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Some of the girls thought it was a toy, and asked if they could get it down and play with it. I saved the horse heads..I don't know why really, but they're just done so nicely, it seems a shame to toss them!

I forgot to ask her about the other pictures. I'll do it later and post them.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are amazing :love: Your cousin has an unbelievable talent-- she could really make some cash if she started a cake decorating business. I've seen a couple of similar cakes at kids parties and they cost an eyeball!

I feel guilty, I made a chocolate cake from scratch for my first son's birthday. It was delicious but I got really stressed out over it and haven't done it since. I stick to cake mixes and the kids really like them, but I feel a little lame :oops: !

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are absolutely amazing! I'm so impressed.

Can I request a horse cake for my next birthday? :saint:

I have the cake baking thing down, but I can't decorate to save my life! I just cover the whole thing with frosting and call it a day.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, I went to her cake FB page and stole some pics.

penniebutterfly.jpg

penniecake.jpg

penniefraggles.jpg

penniehagridshut.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Those are amazing works of art! I can't believe they are cakes. They really do look like toys.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I want the Up cake for MY birthday!

Its March 2, and im sure FB will remind you. :cheeky: :praise:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are unbelievable packy! I can't believe they're cakes..

I can't even spread icing evenly on mine, I'm just speechless!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I am amazed! AMAZED! What a talent!

Thanks for sharing. These really started my day with a smile.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
These cakes are awesome! She should definitely start her own business! The fraggle one brought back memories! And the UP one is so cool!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh these cakes are Amazing!!! :appl: :appl: I bet your kids were over the moon and look forward to their cakes each year; I know I would :bigsmile:

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG I want the hogwarts cakes for my birthday those are awesome - well they all are awesome your cousin has serious talent :)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, these cakes are absolutely amazing!! I can't even imagine the time it took to do these. Your cousin is extremely talented packrat, and does a wonderful job on everything...design, layout, and the actual formation of all the elements. And such detail, just fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post these, I really enjoyed looking at them.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packy! your cousin is very talented! I love the cakes! How awesome is that you get your very own masterpiece for your kiddos :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results