shape
carat
color
clarity

Big diapers for big boys?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hunter is 27 months and has always been a big pee-er at night. We usually solved the issue of peeing through night diapers by going up a size or even two in his diapers at night. Well he wears size 6 now in the day and has been peeing through them at night time. What is the next size?? Is there a more absorbent option? He wears Huggies Snug and Dry right now.

And yes, he is close to potty training, but not ready yet.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried the Huggies or Pampers night time diapers? We used the Pampers ones when Kyle was overflowing for a while and they worked great. I also think I've seen size 7 diapers offered on Amazon from one of the big brands (don't remember which). What we've done is cut back Kyle's fluid intake in the evening a bit, and now he's fine overnight in his regular size 5's.

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dreamer- Parker is 29 months old and we've been struggling with the same issue off and on too. He was wetting through a size 6 Huggies overnight when he was still in a size 4 during the day. We finally did like Mustang and cut back the fluid at night. After dinner he's cut off until his 1/2 cup of milk before bed (6 oz-ish). If he gets upset and asks for it, we just fill enough for a couple of sips but he's gotten pretty used to this routine.

BTW- have you gotten H into a big boy bed? We finally made the transition at the end of April and it went pleasently well. This was my biggest worry before baby #2. We're still trying to potty train and it's not going very well. My DH mentioned that "it would be perfect timing" the first few weeks after baby #2 is born to potty when he's home. I gave him a :lol: look and said GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Hunter is just a big pee-er. He drinks only a half cup or so after dinner/with dinner. I don't want to restrict it unless I have to, because he likes his milk before bed and things are going smoothly so who wants to rock the boat 8)

I will go look for overnight diapers today and see if it helps.

I have seen overnight pull ups for 2T - 3T. Do you think they are more absorbent? I'll have to see.

L2L we did transition Hunter about 2-3 weeks ago. I went in one morning and he was out of his crib, so that was the sign. I had forgotten tha this crib transitioned to a toddler bed, so that's what we did (the reason I was delaying was so we would not lose our guest bed, which will become his bed when baby2 gets his crib). Anyway, it went fine! He has never gotten out at night. In the morning at first he would come tearing down the hall at 6:30, but we just took him back to his room and put him back in bed and it seemed to work. Now he does not come out of his room, but he gets out of the bed. The last two days when we went in to get him he was layign on the floor right by the door, I think looking out under the crack! haha

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
You can get the 3t-4t overnight pullups from huggies. Make sure you get the "nighttime" ones. My DS is a very heavy wetter. He's been PT for a year now but he has never had a dry night and he is always soaked in the morning. We outgrew the overnight pullups and he now has to wear the goodnites which are pullups made for elementary aged kids. Otherwise he totally leaks through. Cheapest prices on these are usually via amazon using amazon mom program.
Huggies overnights come in size 6 as well, both work well just get whichever's cheaper.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huggies Overnites, size 6. Makes a big difference from the regular ones.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll jump on the Overnights bandwagon..we had to do it w/London b/c good heavens that girl was a pee machine. Trapper wasn't as bad at night so I don't remember using them w/him. Both of them have huge elephant bladders now.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I will go find some Huggies Overnights for tonight! If they don't work I will try the pull ups that NFO suggested!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dreamer, my DS is 26 months and he has always done really well with the Pampers Overnight diapers! I think he is getting close to potty training now though. When I changed his diaper this morning, it was completely dry! :o So I put him right on the potty and he proceeded to do NOTHING but smile at me and try to flush the toilet! :lol:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizzy tell me about it! Hunter pees on the potty fairly often, but other times just wants to take his diaper off and sit. I think it is time soon and might start a thread soon about it. He is now at the point where he tell us when he wants to poop, waits until he is home from daycare to do so, and then goes off to his special spot to do it. I think that means he is close to ready. But I am not 8) I might start a potty training thread, I have no idea how to *really* get it done. I am waiting until he is really really ready because I have freinds who did that and then the training only took like a weekend.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
James is a big boy too and he's in a Huggies Overnites size 6. We can get them at Meijer (grocery store). When we had problems with him leaking through we'd put a pull-up over the diaper!

We are working on potty training as James will be 3 in just a few weeks. He'll go pee for grandma (pooped once!) but at home he just won't do it. We ask him constantly if he has to go, sit him on the potty and he'll do nothing; but then he'll go and then ask to be changed :roll: I don't want to push it but I fear having a kindergardner in diapers!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
DivaDiamond007|1308330079|2948458 said:
James is a big boy too and he's in a Huggies Overnites size 6. We can get them at Meijer (grocery store). When we had problems with him leaking through we'd put a pull-up over the diaper!

We are working on potty training as James will be 3 in just a few weeks. He'll go pee for grandma (pooped once!) but at home he just won't do it. We ask him constantly if he has to go, sit him on the potty and he'll do nothing; but then he'll go and then ask to be changed :roll: I don't want to push it but I fear having a kindergardner in diapers!

Diva I certainly am no expert on this, but my gut says just keep waiting it out. The last thing you want is to make potty training an unhappy and negative exprience, ya know? He will do it when he is ready.

Last night Hunter was sitting at the dinner table and when he was done he said "All done. I want to go poop!" I asked if he wanted to go on the potty and he said, "No, I want to go there! [points to the corner by the front door where he likes to go] Out now please!" Ah well. Eventually.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1308332618|2948476 said:

Diva I certainly am no expert on this, but my gut says just keep waiting it out. The last thing you want is to make potty training an unhappy and negative exprience, ya know? He will do it when he is ready.

Last night Hunter was sitting at the dinner table and when he was done he said "All done. I want to go poop!" I asked if he wanted to go on the potty and he said, "No, I want to go there! [points to the corner by the front door where he likes to go] Out now please!" Ah well. Eventually.

Maybe try putting a little potty there and after he gets to used to it being in his spot, ask if he wants to try it. Worth a shot!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
MonkeyPie|1308334654|2948510 said:
Dreamer_D|1308332618|2948476 said:

Maybe try putting a little potty there and after he gets to used to it being in his spot, ask if he wants to try it. Worth a shot!

Interesting idea. Hmmm.

We had some friends who put the potty in the kitchen and I sort of didn't like it, I felt like their poor kid is going potty in public, when kids always seem to want privacy. Not to mention it made the potty more of a toy in their house. The spot he likes is not that public, in that we cannot see it from other areas in the house, but it is right next to the front door 8)

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
RE: where to put the potty

Both of my sisters potty trained in the dining room. We ate every meal at that table and I remember them peeing often. At the time I didn't think it was appropriate. But, as a parent, you put the potty where the kid will use it. JT had a potty in his playroom and another in his bedroom. My nephew used to hide next to the couch to poop, so that's where his potty went. It worked for us. Lily will have her potty wherever she is most likely to use it. A lot of times kids are scared of the flush sound so they don't want to be naked and vulnerable anywhere near the actual potty.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results