shape
carat
color
clarity

Best BCP for weight?

A

Anonymous

:wavey:

I know this has probably been asked before, but here goes! I've been on Yaz for about hmm 2 years now. I've noticed that I'm having a VERY hard time losing weight in the last 4-5 months and my drive has decreased somewhat. So I'm looking for other BCP options that might be better. I can't do an IUD even though I would LOVE to. I also need to make sure that I'm using a very reliable method, but I guess that goes without saying! :lol: Any suggestions? Thanks! :bigsmile:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hmm that's interesting. I've been on Yasmin and my weight is about 5 lbs. lower than my pre-Yasmin days. I heard Yasmin (and presumably Yaz too) was better for weight loss/preventing weight gain than higher estrogen BCs like Ortho. Sorry I can't help more :(

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Can you try a different one? Try talking to your doc. There's all sorts of different "flavors"

A

Anonymous

I'm thinking of the Ortho Lo (or whatever it's called) but also considering switching to a diaphragm. I just don't know how effective they are in common practice. :errrr:

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Timely topic for me!

I just got on Yaz because I didn't gain weight with it previously. I also talked with my doc about the Nuva ring. The hormones are directly on your cervix so maybe you wouldn't have as many side effects.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I was on Ortho Tri Cyclon for something like 9 years with no issues, and I'm pretty sure my metabolism was faster then. That said ... I was also in my 20s for the duration, which has to have some effect. From everything I've read, and on the basis of personal experience, I'd say BCP are tremendously individual: what can make one woman lose weight and have her skin clear will turn another into the slug-creature from "Weird Science."

I'd say maybe go to an endocrinologist and have your levels checked before you mess around with anything? See if the doctor can tell you what your levels are like, and go from there ... and good luck! So many people don't even think about the side effects of what they're putting in their bodies: already, you're ahead of the game. :rodent:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results