shape
carat
color
clarity

bathroom remodel

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey all I started to glom on the what is your decorating style thread and decided to start my own.

Finally going to start the bathroom remodel. Bathroom right now has blue walls, dark blue and light gray large tile floor, original cast iron tub. Instead of a vanity with sink, we have a pedestal sink with a vintage vanity pushed next to it.
The main reasons we are redoing the bathroom
a) redo the flooring which in some places "crack" (moves) when you walk on them. I also don't like the floors because they are cold and the color combo (close to black and white) shows dirt easily.
b) to make the decor match the ajoining bedroom better, which are in neutral colors (van gogh marmoleum flooring, SW "interactive tan" walls and ceilings)
c) more hidden storage
and of course more aesthetically pleasing/warmer feel.

We know what we are going for for the floor (eco timber solid strand woven, in toffee bamboo flooring).
We also know we are replacing the pedestal sink/vanity combo with a single 60" vanity with single sink.

For example we need to pick a countertop. I'm torn between getting some of the greener options while liking how stone or solide surface looks.
I'm also having trouble with picking lighting. But maybe I need to wait until the vanity and countertop are decided?

Any suggestions for countertops who have done bathroom, kitchen remodels recently?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
We opted for granite in the bathrooms and the kitchen. We did this because it is a solid surface and we won't have to worry about sealing grout lines or a porous surface. We used remnants for the bathrooms and it looks fabulous!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great! Where did you find the remmants? A local place or is there any where else I can look?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
We just went to local places (stone yards). Just try googling them- I don't know where you live. Here are a few pics....

DSC00849.JPG

DSC00852.JPG

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Tuckins those look fab, there is no way you would know. Unfortunately we would need quite a long piece (60" by 23, 24") but it won't hurt to call around.

Jenny

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, definitely check! We found so much stuff!! Good luck to you, can't wait to see what you decide to do!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results