carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 12:44:11 AM
Author: miraclesrule
the assembling table...note the glass of wine in front of my seat.
hahaha! I''m loving this. What a special, unique touch for a nursery. All the nurseries here are gorgeous, but this one is so FUN.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
the cute Elephant and Lion which I love....

cd from chrystal 0909 368.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
the alligator that SIL was especially proud of...it''s even cuter up close. The toucans were my favorite, but I don''t think I have a picture of those uploaded on my computer.

cd from chrystal 0909 370.jpg

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''ll have to post the rest of them later. T-gal...I was all for making DIY projects for their kids and parents. Buying stick on wall art isn''t half as fun as pre-printed some of these designs and selling them to parents and kids who could create their own. I was busy thinking of how I could turn this into a mini business. They are so adorable and fun...

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Okay just one more of the monkeys before they were stapled to the wall...they are so adorable.

construction paper monkeys before the wall.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 1:12:48 AM
Author: miraclesrule
Okay just one more of the monkeys before they were stapled to the wall...they are so adorable.
They are hilarious! What a great way to decorate!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg i just love the elephant and the lion! and that GRASS. that is sooo cute. is there an artist in the family who sketched this all out and then you guys did cutout and assembles? such creativity!!

i am hoping to have something to contribute to this thread in a few weeks. we are slowly working on the nursery.

btw mr are those shelves above the changing table/dresser the lack ones from ikea?

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Mara- the shelves are indeed the Lack line from Ikea. Good eye!!

My SIL is an anime geek and he doesn''t use patterns or anything. He gets inspiration from characters on the web and then just starts drawing and we cute. We used exacto knives and scissors. It is amazing how she can see the finished product, but I sure couldn''t see it. She just glues pieces together and viola, the animals are assembled. He is extremely creative. There is also an awesome snake up one wall and the bathroom door is like jungle leaves with flowers in them. There is a cute sun that wraps around the corner wall in at one of the corners. It''s so awesome and it was a fun project.

I
30.gif
the room.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Miracles, I can''t believe that''s all construction paper! Such a good job!

Ok, I finally got around to taking some pics of my nursery but then my camera died
7.gif
At least this shot gives you the best view --

sunkistnursery.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
And here are some details of little things I made. Well, first of all I made those patterned prints above the crib. Just found that series of fabric at the fabric store last night and stapled it on some canvases. They fit the color of the room *Perfectly*!

Then, this is a little elephant I cut out and appliqued on same the material as the crib skirt I made too. --

sunkistelepahnt.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
And this is a little pillow! The flower was a corsage pin that my friend made for me to wear at the baby shower
1.gif

sunkistpillow.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule--
oh wow....that is one of the most creative nursery.
i love how whimsical the animals are -- so cute.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Thank you lili and sunkist. My SIL is ca-razy talented that way.

Sunkist, I looooove your nursery colors. The fabric patterns over the crib are such a modern sleek chic idea. I love the homemade stuff. You are very creative. I like the dark brown baby rooms in general. Yours is lovely.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist the nursery is so cute!! i love the elephant cutout on the wall!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Miracles and Mara!
9.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow MR! Your SIL is soooooo talented.

One word of caution though... be careful of using something like a humidifier when LO gets sick because the edges of consruction paper will curl up or bleed dye when it gets moist. I accidentally did this to my charge''s room when I was a nanny. I think I added a bit too much salt and I couldn''t even see the steam on the video monitor but when I came into her room it was steamy there were pink streaks running down all her walls (it was close to Valentines day and we had decorated her room).

I know this is just a rental but if they are ever looking for something longer term, I''m sure they could buy adhesive vinyl somewhere and use that. It''s just such a shame that something so beautiful isn''t more permanent! Construction paper also fades over time from the sun.

Just gorgeous though! I love the layered look, especially of the grass. Very cool!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Love all the nurseries! Everybody has done a great job decorating. Sunkist, super impressed with your sewing skills...I wish I had the patience to learn to sew!

We pretty much finished up our nursery this weekend. I still need to get some sort of window treatment. I was going to order a roman shade from pottery barn kids, but saw they were recalled.

The bedding, changing pad cover and baskets with liners all came from Pottery Barn Kids. The crib is Storkcraft and came from Walmart.com. All other furniture was Andrew's when he was a baby (I think the changing table came from JCPenny, but that was 5 years ago).

The pictures above the crib came from Posh Tots.

That's all for now. I may be adding a few elephant and monkey prints to the back wall where the table and chairs are.

evannursery4.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
close up of the bedding...love it! It has monkeys and elephants
1.gif

evannursery7.jpg

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
close up of the super super soft blanket I ordered with his name (also from PBK).

evannursery8.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
super cute steph, i love the bedding!! subtle but with color! love the wall color too.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Mara. Can''t wait to see yours. Did you get all the furniture in yet? What bedding did you end up ordering?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph, i am stuck on bedding... because i had some prints in mind for the walls and a color theme already, so none of the bedding i found works. so many boy stuff is BLUE BLUE BLUE. and i love blue, but the room was already yellow/sand and the shutters are white. so i decided to play off that and use green and browns which look great with the yellow. but almost all bedding for greens and browns is unisex and we didn''t like any of them. and i swear we looked high and low and in every shop and online!

i got a PB crib skirt that has stripes and it was clearanced for $19 and is green/choco/white with a tiny light blue. so now i am trying to find a solid bumper in chocolate. i think BRU has one by koala we will get. and then sheet i would like to be a grass green, but most nursery greens are sage. wow who knew finding bedding was so hard, but it seems so hard to find nicely colored solids.
3.gif
i obviously have too much time on my hands.

the furniture is all in and we are making progress. i have some pics i just have to resize so i can post.

oh that said, i did get the light blue eli the elephant bumper from PB kids because i just love love loved it in person, but when i got it intp the room it doesnt look right. so i have to return it. so sad!
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok nursery WORK IN PROGRESS pictures!

here's our PB dresser with a closeup of the etsy prints we'll hang. and my 'clothes pile' which i have all bought myself on clearance at marshalls, ross etc. i wanted to shop for the baby before we were really doing the nursery, and clothes were 'small and cheap' so i amassed a lot as mental therapy haha.

nursery a small.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the PB kendall crib in honey (which i love!) along with the crib skirt and a blanket my mom knitted for us. oh and my $10 ikea quilt! we just ordered the organic mattress (present from grandma) and hopefully i can figure out the bumper/sheet thing this week.
5.gif
the nightstand is going away, it was just in the room and i dont have room for it in the garage. green PB chenille rug (love it!!) and i want to get a tree wall decal for behind the crib. more prints will go on the small wall.

nursery b small.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and the 'reading' corner which is prob also the nursing corner hahaa... leaning shelf for books, toys, etc. another blanket my mom made. greg LOVES this chair...i told him he'll be spending lots of time here.
3.gif

nursery c small.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting anxious just looking at all this stuff! I am SO wishing our crib could be done! Mara, we got a breathable mesh bumper at BRU, ours is ecru, but I had brown in mind, too. I don''t know if you wanted mesh or not. We''re also doing the dark brown koala crib sheets, as well.

Mara, your room is adorable! Is that Felix the cat? That may or may not be a family last name for us.
1.gif

Sunkist: Also major jealous of a.) your skills and b.) your quick acting room set up! I''m having the hardest time with ours.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Mara, your room is coming along great! I love the room color...that looks almost exactly the color of our office. Too bad about the Eli bumper, it is so cute, but I like the green/yellow scheme. Hope you find what you''re looking for...BRU should have a pretty good selection of solids. Oh and LOVE those Etsy prints....really cute!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thx amber! our crib was put together in less than 45 min by Greg...yours prob won't take very long, bribe your husband! yep that is my old Felix from childhood...he's a little beat up. we were looking at the Koala corduroy bumper in brown at BRU.

thanks steph...i love those prints too!! they are so cute..i got 6 of them, i didn't want it to be too 'theme' but they were sooo cute. i am also going to get an owl decal for the wall on a branch and an owl growth chart to kind of diversify it a bit! the room is so cheery, i love the color and am glad we didn't paint again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results