shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
I love my birds! That's it! There's a bookcase in there on the opposite wall from the dresser/changing table, but it's not that exciting. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0458a.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great nurseries ladies :appl:
Charger, love your nursery! aw, super cute pics w/N in there!

Lanie I love your nursery and the white. Can I ask where you got that chair? It all looks great!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the nurseries gals...!!

and love those spanish cards in frames, so cute.

cg... love N in his crib, he looks so happy!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie - Your nursery looks GREAT!! I love the colors you chose!! Great use of space too! Those baskets under the crib will come in handy for sure! Where are the birds above the crib from? Looks like they are not in a frame? Is it a print stretched over a board? Oh, and of course, love the framed numbers!! ::)

Charger - Your nursery is delightful!! I love your furniture too! I think we can all agree the best addition to your nursery is the live model!! Love love all of your pictures with little N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls!

Skippy -- it's a poantang chair or something like that at IKEA. My brother kept calling it a poon-tang chair. I know someone else has one bc I remember discussion about it. It's cheap but very cute and I didn't want a traditional armchair/rocking chair. It comes in different covers. My mom practically yelled at me for getting white. I'll have to scotch guard it.

LV -- Thanks! It's a print stretched on canvas. I love it! How's your nursery coming along?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I like that a lot that it's stretched on canvas. I have a hard time finding perfect frames and would honestly prefer to do without them most of the time!

Ahh, my nursery -- big delays due to polyurethane not adhering appropriately to the wood floors. DH thinks prior owners may have used a cleaning product that affects adherability. So, btw that and my volunteer labor (DH), things have been moving very very slowly!! I have most everything I need, just need the floor finished. I'm debating on getting some fun woodland characters to scatter about the walls (these are fabric, but work like the vinyl decals), but it's kind of hard to visualize without furniture in place! Fortunately, DH is taking a few days off next week so hopefully we make some progress soon!

woodland guys.jpg

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohhh!!! Those are super cute! That's funny about your DH and his slow progress! I'm the slow one at home and my DH has to give me specific to-do lists or nothing would get done. Even baby stuff that you're supposed to be excited about!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee-hee! Yeah, his problem is that he takes on too much. He absolutely will not hire anyone to do anything around the house, so the nursery keeps getting bumped for other more pressing projects. We are using a co-sleeper in our room to start, so I know I just need that, changing supplies and me for feeding, so we'll be fine for the first few weeks if the nursery isn't completed. He's still got time though!! I'm a major procrastinator too -- have you packed your bag yet? I keep meaning to make a list . . . .

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
Love the new nurseries!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie - The room looks great! I especially like the little birds sitting on the branch. Too cute!

LV - I really like your woodland creatures too. I'm sure once you get your labor guy moving, the nursury will turn out great!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Lanie - Cute nursery! I have the poang from Ikea too but we got the rocking chair. It's so comfy!!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lanie, I can't believe I missed your nursery! It's great - I love every little detail. Awesome job!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
LV, love the animals!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
We moved a few weeks ago and I just took photos of E's nursery.
The rocker and Land o Nod shelving are both from craigslist. I made the curtains and the little rocker has been in my family for ages.

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0672.jpg

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I really like green.

DSCN0674.jpg

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
And here he is enjoying the rocker with help from his Dad.

rocker.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great nursery, Swimmer! Looks very functional! I think I'm going to hang a peg board/coat rack -- look at all the stuff you have there, and it's accessible. Love your floors, and nice job with the curtains too! ::) And, of course, baby E is the best part! What a happy little guy you have there!!!!!!!!! :love: :appl:

ETA: Unrelated question -- What year is your house? I would guess it's older based on the ceilings and floors, but radiators look newer . . .

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it swimmer! When is your housewarming party???? :Up_to_something:

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! LV it was built in 1928, but was gutted and totally redone, all new heating, electric, plumbing, etc. It is tricky for me though, so hard to plan a room around baseboard heat when used to radiators. Not that I miss their clunking in the night! My thoughts with the pegs (Lowe's) is that it would be at little person height, but my dad didn't really understand and it was on his to do list. Oh well! Yeah, works great for carriers and all the winter gear.

Speaking of winter gear, HH, yes you guys are on the list for when we have a party...some Sunday in Jan, trying to figure that out. So glad that A had a good news day! hugs to you all.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
great nursery swimmer! i love green too.

Lanie i have the leather poang chair. i love sitting in it and bouncing in it but it is a little hard to get out of the chair with a sleeping baby, just an FYI lol... i just would try to put a big pillow behind my back to help give me support when i pushed out. but we really didn't use it THAT much anyway.

LV love that print/animal look!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
swimmer|1292526206|2798730 said:
Yes, I really like green.

I love your green accents too!!! Fabulous nursery and adorable baby!! :love:

LV, love the decal, soooo cute!! :bigsmile:

eta: Lanie, thanks for the info on the chair!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer, LOVE the green! And those valances are so cute! I want curtains for N's room. Right now we have blinds and DH cannot wrap his head around have two types of window coverings. I'll talk him into it eventually!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
How cute are these decals (etsy - Pop & Lolli)? I love everything in that shop but these were the least expensive. Planning to install them above the baby's crib so I won't have to worry about anything falling on him.

il_570xN_197261956.jpg

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
CatLuver|1294696610|2819175 said:
How cute are these decals (etsy - Pop & Lolli)? I love everything in that shop but these were the least expensive. Planning to install them above the baby's crib so I won't have to worry about anything falling on him.

Can you link to their store, I can't find it. Those are super cute!!

CatLuver

Shiny_Rock
Kunzite said:
CatLuver|1294696610|2819175 said:

Can you link to their store, I can't find it. Those are super cute!!

Here it is. http://www.etsy.com/shop/popandlolli?ref=seller_info

I love all of them!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Our nursery is months away from being done, but I just received this birth canvas from trendypeas on Etsy and I LOVE it! I tried to take the photo to include the blanket I had them color match, but it didn't turn out very well. IRL the colors are dead on for what I wanted. Did I mention that I LOVE this canvas!!

IMG_06942.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kunzite I love that .. .!! i totally want to check it out!

Cat love those decals. Super cute.

Felicity

Rough_Rock
Mamma's to be, are you looking for ideas for the nursery, why not take a gold leaf out of Mariah's book...

http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ravagant-nursery/story-e6frfmqi-1226011148163

"MARIAH Carey is spending a whopping $1.3 million on a luxury nursery for her unborn twins Now magazine reports.
The diva and her husband Nick Cannon are said to be converting an entire wing of their Beverly Hills mansion into an over-the-top luxe apartment for their bubss.
“Mariah wanted 18-carat gold trim, with ivory walls, soft furnishings and walk-in wardrobes full of Petit Trésor designer clothes,” a friend told the UK magazine.
“There's a top-of-the-range sound system and they'll each have diamond-encrusted iPods and a flatscreen TV that comes down from the ceiling.”
Then there are the $2,200 cots for tots along with a $2,880 change table.
All of that is comparatively cheap given Carey is reported to have splashed out on a $1 million red-crushed velvet, 24-carat gold and onyx sofa that was used for Michael Jackson's shows."

Mmmmmmhhhhh fancy....... :cheeky:

Lanie

Brilliant_Rock
Just seeing this for the first time in awhile...

KUNZITE!!! I LOVE your colors. I'm so jealous you got that owl print. I stalked Target and online sites looking for it. So cute, and I love the date/time birth hanging!

P.S. Mariah Carey is ridiculous. Seriously. That's over the top! My baby's Ipod isn't diamond encrusted. And his flat screen in his nursery doesn't come down from the ceiling. It's wall mounted. (j/k)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
bumping

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results