shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
I''m really enjoying the process of setting up a nursery which accounts for my heavy updates . . . thanks for humoring me
9.gif

Here are a few photos of the room in-progress.

My husband did a bang up job painting the room. we used a low/no voc BM paint in a light green, but not mint green shade. it looks great (if I do say so myself)

beforeduringll.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
we haven''t figured out where to place everything yet, but here is the crib.

cribflagsll.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
a closer shot of the bedding.

beddingclosell.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
and a rocker that we scored off of craigslist for a steal in nearly perfect condition. thanks lindsey for the suggestion
35.gif

eta: we didn't have a crib skirt, so we used the bumper as a substitute skirt. I think it works, though I might modify it a bit so that it attaches better...

cribchairll.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
super cute lulu...!! nice job on the rocker..! and i love BM paint colors.

E B

Ideal_Rock
We moved into our new (rental) home almost a month ago, but just got around to hanging everything up in Henry's new nursery. It's smaller than his last nursery, but the lucky little monkey has a separate (small) play room, too.

I love, love love the color on the walls. So much so that I'll probably use it for his room when we finally buy. It's Sherwin Williams Blissful Blue, pictured here on the ceiling of this room in one of the HGTV Dream Homes: Sky Guest Bedroom. In real life, it looks more like the color in HGTVs photo than in mine, which is washed out.

(Sorry about the graininess. The room is tucked in a corner of our house and doesn't get much light coming through the door, which isn't great for photos. I had to use fill light to illuminate the details.)

henrynursery.jpg

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovelylulu, your nursery is absolutely gorgeous! I love every detail. I can''t wait to see the artwork on the walls.

EB, great job! My favorite part is the art collage over the changing table. So, did you have a nursery for Henry at your old place? That''s a lot of work to do two!

I''m working on 24 weeks and we haven''t done much yet. I''m not too worried though. We purchased our crib and bedding and we had the ceiling sheet rocked. Most of our house has acoustic celing tiles (yuck!) and they weren''t in the best condition in the would be nursery so we decided to sheet rock it. It looks a ton better even though it isn''t painted yet.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I don''t know it it''s hormones EB, but your nursery pic just made me tear up. It''s GORGEOUS!!! I love the color pallet you used and the collection of art is awesome!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, EB...SOOOO cute! I love everything about it, especially the color. I am writing it down now b/c it is the PERFECT blue for a little boy''s room!

Lulu, I love your nursery too. The rocker is so nice, great find!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
puppmom, Hudson, and Steph:

Thank you so much!
huggies.gif
I wish I could get a better (less grainy) photo. The blue is such a great, calming shade. I must have gone through a hundred different blue swatches before finding Blissful Blue.

puppmom: He had a nursery in our old house, but we didn't/couldn't paint it. Luckily, at this house, or landlord offered to paint it for us before we moved in since he was painting the rest of the house. Our ceilings are high and sloped on the second floor, so it would have been a serious task to try to paint it ourselves!

Lulu: I love your inspiration board and what you've done so far. It looks so nice and serene.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
EB i LOVE that room color AND the collage!! i don''t know how long we''ll be in this house, J''s room is sandy yellow which i love for now, but in a future house i''d like to do a blue esp if he is a little older, it''s SO boy and would be great with a bit of an older theme too.

did you do the collage for ''visual interest''... ? or just for fun?

J just loves these old ceiling tiles we have hanging in our dining room, they are black and white so that''s prob why..the contrast. but i was thinking of doing something like that on his crib wall... but i don''t know if i want his crib to be ''calming'' rather than stimulating you know?? though he tends to zone out staring at the dining room tiles...so it might still be calming if i only use black/white or 2 shades. hmm.

did you just stretch fabric over canvas or ?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
EB -
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Henry is definitely a lucky little guy to lay his head down in that space. and kuddos for such a quick move-in. looks really settled.

quick question - I noticed that there''s what appears to be a waste basket beside the dresser/changing table. Is that actually what it is? Is not having a cover an issue for smelly diapers? I''m not registering for a diaper genie and don''t really want a kitchen-type can w/top so I''m curious what works for you.

thanks
35.gif

and thanks for all the compliments on the room, though you should see it now. this weekend we took off the doors to the closet and removed the shelves/etc in order to install a closet organizer-thingy from ikea. we were not expecting the extent that spackle would be needed . . . room is a mess.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
re wastebasket...we actually have a small 'rattan' covered trash can with a foot pedal that we got at BBB i think a while ago. basically it looks like a round basket with a lid. it holds a day and a half plus of diapers and greg empties it out daily. if you are bf'ing...stuff does not really smell at all actually. we have had no issues with smell (YET).

i didn't want anything clinical looking nor did i want a diaper genie or anything like that, not a fan. i figured we'd start with this and see how it goes and so far it's great.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like there''s a diaper genie of some sort to the right of the changing table and so I assume the wicker thing is actually a hamper for dirty clothes.

EB, where''d you get the art?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Mara and Lulu- Thank you both!
1.gif

The art is different fabric samples we stretched over canvas and stapled. Completely DIY! It was fun to do (well, to shop for), and not a whole lot of $ when you consider they cover an entire wall!

We just went to an art store, bought a bunch of canvases (on clearance!) in different sizes, and covered them in cute fabric samples we found at a fabric store. We wanted to stick with a blue, green and brown palette, so we kept an eye out for fabrics that had different colors, patterns, pattern sizes, etc. that might look good together.

Lulu- The basket you see to the left of the dresser is his hamper. It's hard to see, but we have a covered trash can to the right of the dresser. It's a regular ol' tall trash can with one of those swingy tops, and we use scented bags inside.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for clarifying EB! And mara, I think that we''re going to take a similar approach. I figure it''ll be good motivation to change the garbage
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks EB on how you did the prints. i totally want to try it.

lulu...yep greg is pretty particular about stuff like that so i knew even if we had a huge can we would still empty it almost daily.
5.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I just noticed this thread. Here are some pics of my sons nursery! Looks like Evan is a popular name!

Evanps1.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
2nd

Evanps2.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
last one!

evanps3.jpg

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
EB I LOVE your nursery - I think I will steal that idea of fabric canvases someday! :)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 8:06:39 PM
Author: lizzyann01
last one!
I love those prints! They are too cute!
36.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gecko! Funny thing is that my hubby really wants a puppy and me - not so much. So the joke is that my son better enjoy his puppy decor because that may be the closest he gets to a real puppy!!!! Someday i''ll give in!!!

Prints are from the Amy Coe collection at Babies R US and the furniture is from BRU too. Bedding/accessories are from Restoration Hardware baby!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lizzy, I love it! Chocolate brown is one of my favorites and those prints are ADORABLE!

I''m so jealous of these spacious nurseries. Ours is 10x10. It''s going to be a challenge to fit everything in there and to decorate without it looking too busy.

Steel

Ideal_Rock

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pupp ours is 9x10 and it is def cozy. i am jealous of the bigger nurseries that have space for bookshelves and things like that, or even separate playrooms! BUT i gotta say that we managed to fit everything that is actually 'needed' into the room for now, and it doesn't seem busy. the wall space is limited and i wanted to do way more with the walls than i was able to...i just have one naked wall which i kept for a collage or prints from his photo shoots, not sure how to organize it yet, but everything fits in there quite nicely. i try to keep the room itself fairly minimalist and use the closet organization to store anything that isn't needed immediately.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 1:50:29 PM
Author: Mara
pupp ours is 9x10 and it is def cozy. i am jealous of the bigger nurseries that have space for bookshelves and things like that, or even separate playrooms! BUT i gotta say that we managed to fit everything that is actually 'needed' into the room for now, and it doesn't seem busy. the wall space is limited and i wanted to do way more with the walls than i was able to...i just have one naked wall which i kept for a collage or prints from his photo shoots, not sure how to organize it yet, but everything fits in there quite nicely. i try to keep the room itself fairly minimalist and use the closet organization to store anything that isn't needed immediately.
Mara - your nursery is so darn cute!!! Ours will be 9x13. As you know we are having twins and were planning to put two cribs in the nursery. I was looking at the Kendall crib which you have. It appears smaller than most cribs we've looked at (without having to get into any of the mini cribs which we don't want). Do you think two Kendall cribs would be a good fit in our nursery? We were thinking of putting them on opposite sides so they'd each be up against a wall. It'll definitely be snug, but hopefully manageable.
5.gif

Also, did you get your changing table at PB as well? If so, which one did you get?

BTW - I love everyone's nurseries! EB and Lovely - they are adorable - fantastic job ladies!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks BB!! i love his nursery, i always feel happy in there so hopefully he will too (once he realizes it''s a fun place not just where we put him to sleep, hehe).

the kendall actually measures about the same as a lot of other cribs but i felt the same way about it looking smaller. i felt like the sleigh styles and a lot of other cribs would have overwhelmed the room because they are so commanding whereas the kendall is pretty simple. you could probably do the cribs on opposites sides of the room with your extra 3 feet. i also like the cribs mandarine has for her twins and how she has them set up in the room.

we did not get the changing table that goes with it because it was some ridiculous price for it''s size, but i think PB has dropped prices on a lot of their furniture recently. we got the PB camp dresser which i love but to me PB dressers are so pricey for what they are. BUT we got the honey color which is super hard to ''match'' so it was easier to just get a PB dresser. if you go with a white crib i would totally consider the ikea hemnes for the dresser...i thought about it in a blue but i am too matchy.

oh also PB has a changing table topper you can get for any of their dressers but it only comes in espresso and white not honey. just FYI.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
super cute nurseries!

lulu, what crib do you have? I like it!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
thanks guilty, we went with a jenny lind crib from davinci

It also comes in other colors like ebony and cherry . . .

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results