shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Burk, that is adorable!!! I love the color combos in each room!!!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Mara and Burk- Your rooms look too cute!! Love them!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara and Burk- FANTASTIC job ladies! You both have an amazing knack for decorating. Mara I love the tree, is that painted right on the wall or an applique (sorry, didn''t read the whole thread)? And Burk, I might just have to snag your color palette for our nursery!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, great job! I love the etsy art and that decal is gorgeous! Definitely looks like it was worth all of the work!

Burk, the nursery turned out so nice. I think the color is perfect! I really love the natural woodwork to and the nice tall windows!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HH the tree is a decal and it peels off with supposedly no 'damage' to the wall later. I posted an Etsy link to it if anyone is interested. I liked that after all the trees I looked at (and umm I looked online for like 2 months for trees) that it was not too girlie, not too fluffy and was affordable, $54 whereas most of them that size were more like $100.

Thanks gals...the decal was worth all the pain lol. It took a 15 min pow-wow with Greg to figure out how to get it up correctly since it is super tall and it came in TWO pieces so we cut it up. I really love all the cute wall decals out there. I might get an owl or something on a branch for over the door or the closet wall where nothing is...but figured we're good for now.

Oh and for anyone into growth charts they have the cutest wall decal growth charts on Etsy too.

Burk, I love Tavya's window coverings, that green is to die for! And I love your molding and all that too, the contrast in T's room esp, I was trying to do the color/white/darker wood contrast too. And that rug is SUPER cute. Don't you love fab bargain finds?!?

Oh and speaking of the PBK bookcases that your family member made, they are on sale for 20% off right now at PBK hehe. I have been coveting them actually but just am not sure how I could fit in what I'd want. BOO on a small room (for now) but it does keep us streamlined.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!

Mara~My mom actually made the window coverings in T''s room. I just picked the fabric. Thanks for the tip on the PB storage.....I have been thinking about getting it for the toy room in our next house and it''s much easier to rationalize spending that much on storage when it''s 20% off!
16.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the nurseries, Burk!

The color schemes, and unique touches (cute rug) complete each room.

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock

Well it is 2:30am here and I cannot sleep so I figured I would add some pics of my little mans nursery since I just got them taken. A big thanks to my friend Alj for the great pics.

The furniture is some old but really well made stuff we had in out spare room that DH stripped and refinished in a darker stain. They actually came out perfect. There is another dresser you can''t see in these pics that I have the changing pad on, so plenty of storage. The cubbies on either side of the dresser were made by my dad. They are a shade darker than the walls although it is hard to tell in the pics with an orange background to tie in with the rug and crib bedding.

We have since put up a tree decal behind the crib that is really cool. I will get a shot of that with my camera and post it as well. I can''t promise it will be nearly as nice as these ones.

ktnursery6.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
another of the room

ktnursery5.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
The crib and mobile

ktnursery1.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
A really cool pic of the giraffe on the mobile and one of these great clothes divider things I found at BRU.

ktnursery2.jpg

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now. This is a basket I have next to the changing pad with supplies in it, a cute little pair of his shoes and a black and white of the crib.

Thanks for letting me share!!

ktnursery3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All these nurseries are so sweet and cute and lovely...
1.gif
1.gif

This thread is not helping my bout of baby fever
39.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love seeing everyone''s nurseries!

KT -- it looks great! I love the colors you chose.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
KT, you know I lurve your nursery...it's so BIG and SPACIOUS. I have serious sq ftage jealousy right now. I wish we had more space for 'storage' because we have so much stuff for this kid, I'd like to be more organized. I love those cabinets that your Dad made!! I totally want Greg to make something like that if we have the room. Once we can get rid of the 'nursing chair' at some point then we'll have this whole area under the window to put storage for toys and books. Right now I just toss toys in this one basket bin we have..thank god he doesn't have that many yet, but it's amazing what people give you for a BABY...I am like 'thank you for this 12+ month huge noisy toy that we now get to store for one year'.
3.gif
What's wrong with a rattle? hehee.

Oh, and where is the crazy closet clothes picture.
41.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love looking at all your baby nurseries!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kt,
I love your nursery!!!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
kt - such a cute nursery! love the color palette and bedding!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
KT love the nursery!! Where''d you get your nursing chair? It''s super cute!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely nursery, KT!

It''s all ready for baby

KtIceRN

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ladies! Doing the nursery was so much fun!!

I will post a picture of the tree we put up later today. I really feel it completes the room....except for the little baby I need to come out soon!!!

Date: 1/30/2010 7:40:20 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
KT love the nursery!! Where''d you get your nursing chair? It''s super cute!
HH, I got the chair from Rooms to Grow. It is sooooooooo super comfortable. As soon as I sat in it I knew it was the one. I really like that place. You should check it out when you are ready. They have alot of different stuff than BRU and really great cribs.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
KT, your nursery looks so comfortable for your babe. such a great job and those photos are amazing!!

We find out the gender this week and then the real planning can begin
9.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Love all of the nurseries!

As far as small spaces go, you can make them work (at least in the short term). We recently moved to a new area and are living with my in-laws for the time being, which means that the three of us are sharing an 11x12 bedroom. We''re also working on a tight budget. Our baby area doesn''t really compare to some of the others on here, but I''ve decided to go ahead and post some pics anyway.
1.gif

The changing table was DH''s when he was a baby. We keep diapering stuff and extra blankets in there, and then he has two drawers in our armoire for his clothing. We have some toys and books stored under the crib (but should probably pick up an under-crib/bed basket at some point for them), and the rest are in a storage ottoman in the family room. The crib is from Ikea as (a) it was cheap, (b) they''re rated very well for the price, and (c) the footprint seems a little bit smaller than most of the other cribs out there and space is at a premium for us. And I think Mara may recognize the quilt.
2.gif

I''d like to get some artwork for above the crib at some point - something that would transition well to a big boy room. I have $68 sitting in PayPal that I think I can spend guilt-free, which means that I may spend entirely too much time on Etsy sometime soon.
3.gif

GeorgeCorner.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
We have a mobile over the changing table so that he has something to look at. It helps distract him when we''re changing a diaper.

We usually keep our diaper pail on the other side of the door. It''s within reach, but barely.

GeorgeChangingTable.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG look at the chubby thighs!!!

I have to go get kleenex, who knew chubby thighs in leg warmers would set me off?

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Blen- I love the changing table and crib! Good job. And I
30.gif
George in his baby legs.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
super cute blen and re: the baby legs...my two pairs came today, so fun..!! julian''s legs are a little thin right now but i hope he''ll soon have chubbo thighs too hehe.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my word chubby baby thighs! George''s area is really cute, Blenheim!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Aw, thanks guys! My FIL and SIL hate the leg warmers, if you can believe that. I offered to get some Texas A&M ones to make them more palatable but they still said no.

We are thinking of getting some of pictures from the Robots and Space series by John Golden (artist linked earlier by Mandarine - thanks!!). DH is an electric engineer and is very into Sci Fi, and I think he likes them more than I could get him to like any other little boy artwork. He keeps quoting this one, after seeing it. Haha.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock

blen, I love George''s space and think that artwork is definitely well-suited for a little fellow''s room.

I''ve attached a photo of our *plan.* I want it to be appropriate for a child, but not so babyish or too girly. So far, we''ve picked up a jenny lind-style crib and got some bedding. We plan on using an ikea hemnes dresser with a changing pad on top. The rocker would be a splurge, but our other furniture is super affordable and sometimes it can be found on sale for 40-50% off. Just have to keep looking.

It''s a lot of white, but with color thrown in here and there to hopefully break it up.

llnurseryideas.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results