shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Nurseries!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Wow, everyone's nurseries look so great!

Sunkist I love the wall art in your nursery! So cool that you made some of it! I also love the sheet with the elephants. Is that Dwell Studio?

Steph I love your colors - so nice and soft and not too "babyish" so the room can grow with him!

Mara I love your nursery! I wish we had Ikea near us. The poang chair is great. It looks so comfy. Your wood furniture looks great with the floor and wall tones. I know you said that your nightstand is moving out of the room, but I actually have on like that next to my chair and find it really useful for keeping things that I might need while nursing the baby, especially when he was brand new and I felt like I lived in that chair. I had my pump on the bottom of the table and some books, etc on top and little supplies in the drawer. Just something to keep in mind - although it looks like you have that nice bookshelf right there to keep things on.

Do you remember the name of the paint color? I love it! I recently painted my bedroom Sherwin Williams Blonde and it looks pretty similar.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph YES i actually loved the organic jungle in green and brown at gap, but i just cannot justify $100 out of pocket for a bumper i won't be using for that long!!! the BRU one is like $29 so easier. the PB kids one we got with a gift card or else I wouldn't have bought it. but now i can return it and get $100 back in credit.

thanks TDM... yeah i actually do want a nightstand but not that one hahaha...i have had that one literally like 12 years, it was $40 at Cost Plus back then and it just kept traveling with us since it made a fine 'guest' nightstand in a room that hardly got used. but i will prob get a 'storage cube' or something for next to the chair where i can put things. but yes i also have the leaning shelf where i thought i could put stuff as well. i am all about 'storage options' in general as our house is small so we always need extra places to put things!

i will prob also put a changing pad on top of the dresser. it's ~40" which is high for some people but i am tall so it actually works perfectly if i decide to use it that way. though most moms also told me they rarely change their kids on the table and just do it wherever they are so don't bother.

oh the color of the room...it's BM and i have the color at home but i used it in our previous guest room, i forget what it's called but it took me forever to find a color i liked. in this room we used the same color as our old TH but we did 80% instead of 100% and it is just a little lighter sand than a true goldenrod. i love it!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 7:36:31 PM
Author: Mara
steph YES i actually loved the organic jungle in green and brown at gap, but i just cannot justify $100 out of pocket for a bumper i won''t be using for that long!!! the BRU one is like $29 so easier. the PB kids one we got with a gift card or else I wouldn''t have bought it. but now i can return it and get $100 back in credit.

thanks TDM... yeah i actually do want a nightstand but not that one hahaha...i have had that one literally like 12 years, it was $40 at Cost Plus back then and it just kept traveling with us since it made a fine ''guest'' nightstand in a room that hardly got used. but i will prob get a ''storage cube'' or something for next to the chair where i can put things. but yes i also have the leaning shelf where i thought i could put stuff as well. i am all about ''storage options'' in general as our house is small so we always need extra places to put things!

i will prob also put a changing pad on top of the dresser. it''s ~40'' which is high for some people but i am tall so it actually works perfectly if i decide to use it that way. though most moms also told me they rarely change their kids on the table and just do it wherever they are so don''t bother.

oh the color of the room...it''s BM and i have the color at home but i used it in our previous guest room, i forget what it''s called but it took me forever to find a color i liked. in this room we used the same color as our old TH but we did 80% instead of 100% and it is just a little lighter sand than a true goldenrod. i love it!

I seem to remember you like benj moore paints! That color is super. I really like it. I''m into gold tones these days I guess. I am tall too and I have the change pad on top of the dresser and it works perfectly. I do still change him on there almost every time. Now at 7 months he''s quite wiggly so sometimes I get him dressed on the floor, but for diaper changes we do it on top of the table for sure. Easier on my back and I do NOT want to risk getting poop on my bed or carpet. But yeah, a lot of people do just change them wherever and seems to be fine so I guess I am the odd one about that.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Again, Steph, great job on the nursery! I love your monkeys hanging on the wall.

Mara, your''s is coming along great! Beautiful crib. And I LOVE your etsy prints! I was going to get a couple of those, but ran out of time/decided not to. They are too cute though!

TDM, and Amber, thanks for kind words on my nursery :) Yes, the elephant sheet is DWELL studio from Target. When I went to my baby shower a couple weeks ago everything turned out to be elephant themed some how! So I decided that would be the theme of my nursery after all, even though orginally I didn''t really want a "theme". But I think it''s super cute now :)

Keeping fingers crossed for your crib Amber!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Everyone''s nurseries are looking great. I just told DH we need to get our act in gear. Tayva''s new crib (we''re using her current crib for new baby) is in a box in our dining room!!
3.gif

Miraculesrule~ADORABLE!! Cannot believe the talent to come up with THAT from construction paper!!

Steph~Love Evan''s nursery! Love your choice for wall color. Looks great!

Sunkist~I love elephants so I, of course, love your nursery!

Mara~Looks like your little guys nursery is coming along great! I also have clothes piles. Most everything in his room is piles right now.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
TanDog, thank you so much!

Mara, eek on the $100 pricetag of that bumper...didn''t even look at the price, I just remembered they had a cute green one! I wouldn''t spend that much either. I waited and waited until the one I like at PBK went on sale. Got the bumper and skirt for about $100, so for PBK not too bad. We just went with a super soft sheet from BRU to go with it b/c I was not paying $50 for a sheet! Can''t wait to see the finished room, I''m sure it will look great!

Sunkist, thank you....I''m getting inspiration from your elephant room and want to find an elephant pic to go with the monkeys since the bumper has both.

Burk, thank you! I was super lax about having anything put together until this past weekend and I sort of freaked out knowing I only have 10 weeks to go, so I got hubby to put the crib together and then worked all weekend doing pretty much everything else....I think I am nesting!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute rooms ladies!

Mara, since you are a minimalist I would suggest you skip the bumper (unless it is mesh). You won''t be able to use it long so you''ll just have to store it. Waste of money.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol Tacori, i know i am a crazy minimalist about stuff lately, but some habits are hard to break...such as the ones where the anal 'cute decor' person in me refuses to be TOTALLY practical on everything...!! i will prob just give the bumper away when i can't use it, esp since it's $29. i dunno though we'll see, you make a good pt.

thanks ladies...! i am so happy it's coming along. i emotionally relate to the house, when i like how things look i feel much happier than when it's messy and/or stuff needs to be done around the house. one of my friends said she liked how the room was not too 'baby', which is exactly what i wanted since before we know it he'll be a little man.
5.gif

go steph..i love the motivation!!

i love elephants too... it is why i have such a hard time giving back the PBK eli elephant bumper. it's SO cute.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara, folded up the bumper probably takes up the same amount of room as the s''n g
3.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, what is the rule on the bumper thing...it''s been so long I can''t remember. You are supposed to take it off when they can start flipping over, right?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Steph~I''m impressed with all you got done in one weekend!! MY DH is out of town all next week so I told him he needs to get his chores done prior to leaving....so he agreed to get T''s current crib taken apart and new one put together tonight. We shall see if he actually lives up to that promise!! I want to nest!
16.gif

Mara~I''m the same way about decorating. I have had bumpers for both kids. As a matter of fact, T''s is back in her crib now.....naughty mommy!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 7:47:28 AM
Author: steph72276
Tacori, what is the rule on the bumper thing...it''s been so long I can''t remember. You are supposed to take it off when they can start flipping over, right?

Yes. Suffocation risk. We didn''t move T into her crib until 4 months so she never slept in her crib with the regular bumper. Now she probably would use it as a "step" to help escape her crib. If I had to do it over I could follow TGal''s reason of thinking.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I love the nurseries, ladies. They all look to be able to grow with baby, which is such a good thing. Adorable. :)

Sunkist, did you make a quilt for your little boy? I think I remember you wanting to know the sex so you''d know what kind of quilt to make...

Mara, love the bookcase. Where did you find it? I''ve never seen a slanted one that has that much depth to it. It''s lovely.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 1:31:58 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 11/10/2009 7:47:28 AM

Author: steph72276

Tacori, what is the rule on the bumper thing...it's been so long I can't remember. You are supposed to take it off when they can start flipping over, right?

Yes. Suffocation risk. We didn't move T into her crib until 4 months so she never slept in her crib with the regular bumper. Now she probably would use it as a 'step' to help escape her crib. If I had to do it over I could follow TGal's reason of thinking.
Yeah, I remember moving Andrew's off, but I couldn't remember when that was supposed to happen. I feel like I forgot everything!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
fisher...it is the PB leaning shelf...i think they still sell it. the bottom two shelves are pretty deep which is why i liked it.

burk...i know a few moms who still use bumpers too.

tacori... the BRU bumper may fold to be the SNG but it''s def lighter!
3.gif

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
I am so behind! Ellie is 8 weeks old and I am just now posting her nursery! Better late than never, I hope!

tinyellie1.jpg

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
It is a pretty little room, so just 2 pics...

tinyellie2.jpg

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Cute nursery pics ladies!!!!

RE: DWELL- Seems like a lot of us use/like the Dwell line and just wanted to let you know that there is actually a Dwell Birth announcement/thank you cards on tinyprints.com that I used that has the elephants and stuff on them and they are so cute!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I am LOVING all the elephants! I want elephant bedding and wall art for Micah''s room - I think I better start looking since now hehe.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nat super cute room...!! i love how clean it looks hee. what are you using for a diaper pail, is that just a little trash can? we just wanted to get a can and i was looking at the simple human small quiet close one from BBB, it''s like $40 and i have a 20% coupon.

mp... we got the PBK eli the elephant bumper for the crib and its SO friggin cute. also check out etsy for elephant wall decals, they have some really cute ones.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara- thanks for the compliments! Yep, the diaper pail is just a trash can. I remember a lot of the girls here (NF and Jas12, I think) said they work just fine as long as you empty often, and I didn''t want one of those big diaper Genie contraptions. So far, so good! No smell whatsoever!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2009 9:29:35 AM
Author: natalina
Hi Mara- thanks for the compliments! Yep, the diaper pail is just a trash can. I remember a lot of the girls here (NF and Jas12, I think) said they work just fine as long as you empty often, and I didn''t want one of those big diaper Genie contraptions. So far, so good! No smell whatsoever!

I agree about not wasting money on a diaper system. Diapers didn''t really smell until they start solids.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Love all the nurseries!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''ll post my finished one one day (with all the art!)

How exciting...so many new PS babies coming!!!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/9/2009 12:33:46 PM
Author: natalina
I am so behind! Ellie is 8 weeks old and I am just now posting her nursery! Better late than never, I hope!
Oooh, love the room...looks wonderful!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I love the bright pops of green. It looks great!

ETA: I am referring to Natalina. Need more coffee.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
btw natalina i love your rug in the room! we have a smaller just green version like that from PBK.

and yeah we''ll just go with the little trash can option...greg is pretty anal about smells and emptying trash anyway so i am sure he will be in there daily taking it out. i didn''t want a big diaper genie or anything, plus i have a few friends who have them and say they don''t even really work as well as you''d imagine.

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine, Steph, GD- Thanks! I just love her room. So cozy!

Mara- Our rug is from PBK, too. So Soft! I love their stuff.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the nursery is pretty much done so here are some updated photos!

a larger view from the door. the room is pretty smallish, i guess 10x10. i wish it was bigger since i would love to put more storage like bookcases etc but i think we are mostly stuck with wall and closet storage. i am thinking though once we don't use the chair anymore for feeding we can get a bookcase for under the window for toy and book storage.

the funny thing is that i left the color the same on walls and wanted to use a lot of green but thought it might be too blue but so many people gave us GREEN frog items that it's SOOO green. now i am like damn i need more blue in here!!! the green blanket in the crib was knitted by my mom.

i have some additional white framed bird prints to put up, but i don't know where to put them. i think something should go on the wall next to the crib/window but i don't want it to look cluttered. maybe 1-2 prints side by side only? thoughts??

nusery done c PS.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
slightly better shot of the bird prints, the dresser. diapers will go stacked in the closed basket on top. i want to get a 36" shelf to put under the bird prints, maybe from PB in white, their holman shelf, to put some additional stuff on top of, but haven't decided yet.

our pal got us the PB kids frog which i love but now i am thinking of exchanging it for the blue hippo to 'bluify' the room more. hmmm.

nursery done a PS.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results