shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby gift help....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BZ

Rough_Rock
I need a little help from all of you. I have a good friend who is pregnant with her third child. First two were girls and this one is a boy. I live far away, so I don''t really know or think that she "needs" anything in particular. So, my question is, what do you buy for her and for the baby (when he arrives)? I don''t mind a bit of money, just want to have something unique for the baby. For her first baby, I did a needlepoint pillow (this was before I had kids and a little more time on my hands), but I probably don''t have time to do that since her due date is a month away. She is not registered and can probably buy anything that she really wants.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BZ, check out my thread entitled "baby shower gift advice" for starters...second, I would say if this is a gal who has everything you might want to look into getting her some Mustela products-- they are a luxury item so to speak and something I think every mom could appreciate no matter what the gender of her soon to be child is or what she might love to receive. I feel that they are always useful products whether a mom will buy them for herself or not. Other than that I would suggest a gift cert. to her favorite bookstore to start this baby's libray? Good luck! You are sweet to be thinking so much about her!

ETA: or I'm sure something from Tiffany's would be appreciated, I.E. a feeding set, or sterling rattle, or frame...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve given these a few times, either an engraved sterling baby cup, or a set of silver first tooth (lost) and curl (first haircut) holders.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I might give her a keepsake type item (cup, brush) but also since she likely does not have tons of clothes since she had girls before, I might also give her a an outfit in the 3-6 month range. The baby could be big, I never buy newborn clothes unless the baby is a preemie. It might also be nice, depending on their ages, to send a little something for each of the big sisters...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/2/2007 8:01:36 AM
Author: diamondfan
I might give her a keepsake type item (cup, brush) but also since she likely does not have tons of clothes since she had girls before, I might also give her a an outfit in the 3-6 month range. The baby could be big, I never buy newborn clothes unless the baby is a preemie. It might also be nice, depending on their ages, to send a little something for each of the big sisters...
Great point df! Kids often don''t understand why the new one gets presents and they dont.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
If it were me I would probably just send her some boy clothes! I know this isn''t as extravagant as stuff from tiffany''s but I think it would be a good idea, so the little guy isn''t out in dresses.

I have a girlfriend who just had the opposite, a girl after 2 boys. She has all the big stuff and bedding etc, so really, just some clothes is always helpful!

or, even a gift card, so she can buy it!

just some thoughts, happy shopping!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I agree about getting her boy clothes. I''d go with bigger sizes in the 6-9 mo or 9-12 mo range. People always seem to get tons of newborn and 3-6 mo clothes, and babies just grow too fast to be able to wear them all. I don''t know if sizes have changed, but mine were in 6-9 when they were 3 mos, in the 9-12 mos when they were 6 mos, and 2T when they were a year, and they weren''t big babies. It would be nice to get something for big sisters and something for mom, even if just some nice comfy slippers.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i say get the baby something small, like a cute first year picture frame from pottery barn and get your friend a gift certificate to a restaurant or mani/pedi.

frame.jpg

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Hard for a mother of 3...

Lots of nice mother/baby jewlery at www.lifetimemothers.com I bought a 14kt amethyst baby shoe from them and it is beautiful

How about a baby's first christmas ornament?

how about one of these http://www.bumbobabyseat.com/

or one of these. http://www.cleanshopper.com/index.php?cPath=21 this is my staple babyshower gift. I use one & I always have people asking me where I got it, tell me it's such a great idea etc...

How about a portrait gift package/certificate from Sears http://www.searsportrait.com/cpi/en-US/products/Certificates/149.99Collection.htm

BZ

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the great ideas. What do you all think about a bathroom stool personalized with the baby''s name? I know that he won''t be able to use it for a couple of years, but both my girls got them and they really come in handy these days?

Monarch, is there a particular Mustela set that you usually buy or that people particularly like?

I will definately plan on gifts for her two girls. Not sure what yet, but it is nice for the sibs to have something to open.

Keep the ideas coming.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2007 3:28:51 AM
Author: BZ
Thanks for all the great ideas. What do you all think about a bathroom stool personalized with the baby''s name? I know that he won''t be able to use it for a couple of years, but both my girls got them and they really come in handy these days?
I think it''s a great idea. There''s no rule that says you have to give a gift the baby can use immediately or in the near future. I like it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it does not have to be usable immediately, though adding a little outfit to the gift, a basic thing, not too pricey, is thoughtful since she has no sons yet. Whenever my older ones got a gift they were thrilled, it does not have to be a big deal, something small as long as it is age appropriate, is great.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i think the stool is a lovely present.

also, here''s a store that has great smaller presents. terrific rattles, baby shoes, etc... www.mahardrygoods.com
blackskateA280.jpg
crankymonster280.jpg

AvaIceCream280.jpg

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i haven''t read all of the replies so i hope this is not repetition. i like getting a good quality blanket and having the child''s name and birthdate embroidered on it. i have used plain blue blankets that have pooh or peter rabbit embroidered on them and taken them to the embrodery place for personalization. it is always nice to add a story book of the same theme. both pooh and peter rabbit baby books are also available. i also like the little silverware sets that are stainless.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
forgot to add that waterford and royal doulton offer cute banks in both the pooh and peter rabbit themes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results