shape
carat
color
clarity

Baby Gate Advice

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
I will be moving into my first two story home next month and I am in dire need of baby gate advice. I have never lived in a house with stairs or used a baby gate before.

I am looking to get a gate for the top of the stairs and another for the bottom. The top gate should be easy to find since there will be drywall on either side of the gate. The bottom gate will only have drywall on one side and wrought iron railing on the other. I am unsure how to attach a gate to the side with the wrought iron railing, zip ties??

Any advice on a brand that is safe and easy to use (one hand operation please) is much appreciated.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We used baby gates at the top and bottom or our stairs. It was an open staircase so it only had wall on one side and the railing on the other. We reinforced the railing side with cable ties (zip ties). We were in a rental and couldn't drill into the wood. It never moved. We used standard wood baby gates with the plastic link in the middle and the adjustable bar. This time, we will get one that has an opening door because I'm not tripping over gates anymore. Target does have a stairway gate but I don't know if it would attach to the metal.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ponder! I live in a colonial so we have stairs as well. Like SS, we have a gate at the top of the stairs and at the bottom of the stairs. We have two of these. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2265784 We also have an open stair case with one side being the wall and the other the wooden railing/banister. These adjust pretty well against the banister. If your banister is wide enough I think it would work for you.

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Haha I read the title of this thread and thought "Baby-Gate" as in "Watergate" -- I'm such a nerd! No advice, just thought it was funny enough to share :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results