shape
carat
color
clarity

Apartment complex

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
It will never end....

So, at 3:20 am this morning, we woke up to our fire alarms going off. Not just our apartment, but the entire building. No fire thank goodness, but we walk outside to see water rushing down the driveway from the area walkway/greenery to the right of our apartment building (where the meters and air conditioning units are). Apparently a water mane busted under the ground and the water was rushing out of an outspout and the alarms go off once you have lost a certain amount of water, for fear of flooding into the units, I guess??

One guy (in the building to the right of us) heard the water for over 15 minutes before the alarms went off. He called the overnight hotline which said they would call the fire department. Well about 30 minutes later (15 after the alarms started), he called back and they had yet to call the fire department. So I called the fire department about 10 minutes after that, who were not aware of the alarm yet (Hence, our alarms not being connected to anything...), and then it took them 20 minutes to get to our complex... well, 10, except the gate at the front entrance wouldn't let them in! DH had to climb in his truck and drive up there to open the gate. They got the water shut off and then finally found the alarm shut off and we got to go back to bed at about 4:30.

So, now there is ANOTHER pipe broken somewhere under our building!
39.gif
I'm just hoping they fix it the first time, this time.

I'm sorry, I just had to vent.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/anyone-get-mean-comments.36380/

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sucky but at least it''s not your house! then you''d be out of pocket for fixing things like that!
37.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 10:41:05 AM
Author: jcrow
sucky but at least it's not your house! then you'd be out of pocket for fixing things like that!
37.gif
LOL. That is exaclty what the condescending manager told us after the 2nd sewage leak (You know, on her 30 minute tangent about how things are in the "real world" and how owning a house works...
20.gif
), and I politely replied, that is what insurance is for, and it would have been fixed the first time.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sucks Meresal! I am so sorry!
Date: 11/17/2009 10:45:12 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 11/17/2009 10:41:05 AM
Author: jcrow
sucky but at least it''s not your house! then you''d be out of pocket for fixing things like that!
37.gif
LOL. That is exaclty what the condescending manager told us after the 2nd sewage leak (You know, on her 30 minute tangent about how things are in the ''real world'' and how owning a hosue works...
20.gif
), and I politely replied, that is what insurance is for, and it would have been fixed the first time.
LOL - good for you.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a mess. You must be very tired today.

On the bright side, it wasn''t a fire. With response times like that the entire complex would have burned.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 12:51:25 PM
Author: TooPatient
What a mess. You must be very tired today.

On the bright side, it wasn''t a fire. With response times like that the entire complex would have burned.
Very lucky indeed. Actually once we were out there I was kind of hoping to see the meteor shower, but no luck, even though the skies were crystal clear.
37.gif

The thing is, once we finally called, the response time wasn''t "horrible". I have a feeling that since you have to indicate that it is a Non-Fire emergency, they aren''t quite at the top of their game. And it didn''t help that they were stuck at our community gate for over 10 minutes.

At our last "get-together" the condescending manager told both my DH and I, "Mr. Finger, the management company president/owner, is unhappy when his tenants are unhappy. He feels for all of his tenants personally." (Keeping in mind that Finger Companies owns over 50 complexes in the Houston area alone.) So last night, while sitting on a curb trying to keep from getting frost bite, DH leaned over and said, "I wonder if the fire alarm is going off at Mr. Finger''s mansion right now?"

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 4:12:16 PM
Author: meresal
At our last ''get-together'' the condescending manager told both my DH and I, ''Mr. Finger, the management company president/owner, is unhappy when his tenants are unhappy. He feels for all of his tenants personally.'' (Keeping in mind that Finger Companies owns over 50 complexes in the Houston area alone.) So last night, while sitting on a curb trying to keep from getting frost bite, DH leaned over and said, ''I wonder if the fire alarm is going off at Mr. Finger''s mansion right now?''

Apparently not! I can''t believe they aren''t even hooked up to the fire department - what''s the point if they don''t work?

Are you looking for another apartment? Cause I totally would be! You have a lot more patience than I do after all this!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results