shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone tried Quorn?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
So I"m off meat b''c I''m not feeling the dead animal thing....And now I''m off soy bc of possibly breast cancer issues....

I randomly picked up some Quorn "chicken" cutlets in the store and made the mistake of google-ing it. Some people get sick?
Anyone tried it?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did the same thing. I tried it, then googled it, then stopped eating it!

I still eat soy, despite the various warnings, but have cut back on quantity.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Yup, we LOVE Quorn products in my household! The chicken cutlets and patties are delish--you would never know they weren''t real chicken. I''ve read about people getting sick too but neither DH nor I has had any problems with this stuff. DH didn''t eat meat for 7 years (until I came along and changed him back!) and he turned me on to it. It''s not cheap and we can only find it at Whole Foods but we love it and no stomach issues yet...

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I ate it all the time when I was in England and loved it, but it doesn't taste the same here in the US so I pretty much stopped. I get Trader Joe's Chickenless Nuggets now, much better than US Quorn IMO (but they are soy-based). I've never googled any of it, but I've also never gotten sick from it!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...I'm not sure how I felt eating it...I didn't get sick...Yet? :)

It was a gruyere and "chicken" cutlet and I have to say it was awesome....

Do you guys think there are any risks other than potentially getting sick?

I felt weird thinking about it when I was eating it though....Like I was eating a cloned sheep or something haha

Yeah, I really want to cut back on the Soy too bc of potential hormone issues and memory issues...I also don't want to go back to chicken and meat (besides it grossing me out....one of my mom's doctors -she had very bad breast cancer last year- said that a lot of protein isn't really that creat as it feeds all cells....

Figures. Everything good really IS bad for you...and you can only eat SO many freakin beans

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Eh, there are risks to everything, and I personally don''t think it''s any worse than any other food product you could name, especially if you eat it in moderation. I ate Quorn several times a week for almost a year and nothing bad ever happened to me. I do miss is, maybe I''ll have to give it another try...I never knew it came with gruyere. Mmmmmmmm, yummy.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
We eat a lot of quorn as I don''t eat meat at all. Neither of us have ever experienced any ill effects. We use the mince to make things like chilli, lasagne and stuff and then pieces for currys and the like. Our favourites of escalopes with cheese yum

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a vegetarian (over 3 years now) and have never heard of Quorn! I will have to research it. Possibly try it. I''m not big on the fake meat products, though...

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
DH loves it - the mince isn''t bad and makes good chilli etc

Me, I''m a carnivore and like real meat better...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I should be REALLY worried with Quorn, right.... since I drink enough diet soda so that I''m shocked I don''t have a sixth toe growing at this point...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results