shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone Not Move in Together Right Away?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
MY DH and I got married in late October, but right now we''re still living in separate apartments, because we can''t find a house! The real estate market is really tight where I live right now - people are charging exorbitant prices for rents because the demand is so high. So either everything is wayyy out of our budget, or it''s rented. There is one house we''re looking at, but it won''t be ready till January.
8.gif
We so want to move in together and get settled! But it doesn''t look like we will be until after Christmas.
7.gif
I really had hoped that we''d be able to spend our first Christmas together in our own place.
8.gif

Anyway, right now we''re moving back and forth. He''s stays by me one night - I stay by him the other. But it''s frustrating! I don''t want to come home to my brother every day.. I want to come home to my husband!!

Did anybody else take a while to move in?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
That happened to a couple of friends of ours. They''d gotten married in April and previously had a house lined up and ready to go for them to move into afterwards (they lived separeately before getting married) and at the last minute something fell through, so they had nowhere to live together after they got married. They finally did find a house and moved in together after a few months. They also both lived with their parents and about an hour apart, so they''d spend as much time as they could together and often rotated between his parents'' house and hers''.

So you''re def not the only one!!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like the place you and your brother share is bigger than where your husband is living. Is that the case? If so, maybe your husband and brother could trade places. I realize it''s not "your new home together" but it might be a good temporary solution.

Good luck. Sounds a bit frustrating.
emcrook.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
We won''t live together right after our wedding, but that''s because we''ll be living in separate cities.

I''d probably move into his studio apartment with a carry-on bag''s worth of clothes rather than live in 2 separate apartments! But I can understand your frustration with not being able to find a suitable place, especially if you''re buying, you definitely don''t want to settle.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know of at least two couples who didn''t move in together right when they got married. Both cases involved one party trying to sell their home and the other remodeling a home they had purchased together. For one it was a good six months before two households became one, and for the other it was maybe 3 months. I also know of two couples who moved in with one set of parents after selling their house and waiting for another to be built. Lots of people have "non-traditional" circumstances before they finally get to live under their own roof as husband and wife, especially in today''s crazy housing market!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your replies. It''s good to know we''re not the only one. Everybody we mention it to is like, "WHAT!! You''re not living together??!!". It is really frustrating. We have all kinds of neat things for our house too, so just WAITING to put them to use, but don''t want to until we officially have our own home.

Lumpkin - yes, I''m staying in my parents house (parents live in another island though), which is bigger than DH"s apartment. I never thought of having my brother and DH switch places - it''s an interesting suggestion. The only thing is my brother is pretty comfortable here... he sees his room as his little ''bachelor pad", so I''m not sure he would really want to move. DH could always come here I guess... there''s enough space, but at the same time the location of his apartment is ideal because it''s closer to work.

I guess we don''t have a choice but to wait..
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results