shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone change their name on a PA drivers license?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve looked up the PA department of motor vehicles, been all over their site, and from what I can tell, to change my name on my license I have to fill out a form, send it in with a copy of the marriage license, and they will send me an update to my drivers license that I keep with my current photo license until it is time to renew and get a new photo license.

I did this.

Today in the mail, I get something from the PA dept. of m.v. I get all excited, thinking it''s my update. In the envelope is the certified copy of my marriage license that I had sent them, and nothing else. No update, no explanation, nothing.

The phone numbers on the site that I''ve tried calling won''t take me to a real person, just different menu options. I don''t know what else to do other than hope I will still get my update in the mail. Anyone else have this happen to them?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How frustrating, PA doesn''t have the best system in place that''s for sure. Honestly if I were you, I''d take your form to the nearest PA drivers License photo center. I have one by me, it''s small, no wait and the employee''s are most helpful. Good luck!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not in PA, but I''ve been changing my name for EVERYTHING here in Illinois (passport, ss card, driver''s license, credit cards, etc.) and all of the government agencies have return my official documents (e.g. marriage license) in separate mailings than the new documents (e.g. passport).

Perhaps PA does the same thing, and your new DL is coming in a separate envelope. I just received my new passport on Wednesday, and then our certified marriage certificate came with my old passport in a separate mailing on Friday. Strange, I know, but I''m hoping this is how they do it.

I just went to the nearest DMV to change my driver''s license. They did it all right there on the spot--new name, address, photo all right there.

It''s so frustrating going through all these changes, I feel for ya, Sabine!

allikatac

Shiny_Rock
Sabine- I live in PA and just went through all of this last year and Haven is right. The card will come in a seprate mailing probably in another week or so. I was so sick of having to carry around the papercard with my driver''s license so I went to the DMV and just got an entirely new card a few months later. I did have to pay something, but it was much more convenient. Changing all of those documents can be such a pain!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kaleigh, Haven, and Allie! I was really hoping my update would be coming separately, but it just seemed so weird to get the license in the mail first with no explanation!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear ya, Sabine--it''s as if a simple explanation would be SO DIFFICULT to provide. I totally feel for you.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Haven - not to thread jack, but how easy/difficult was changing your passport? DH and I were just talking about it today - do you basically just go through the original process all over again or is it as simple as showing them your old one and a marriage license? I really don''t want to have to "turn in" my old one...I want to keep the stamps and my visa (it''s pretty).

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2008 2:59:38 AM
Author: Elmorton
Haven - not to thread jack, but how easy/difficult was changing your passport? DH and I were just talking about it today - do you basically just go through the original process all over again or is it as simple as showing them your old one and a marriage license? I really don''t want to have to ''turn in'' my old one...I want to keep the stamps and my visa (it''s pretty).

Elmorton, you just have to fill out a form and send it in with your old passport, marriage license and $. You get the old passport back with a hole punched in it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results