shape
carat
color
clarity

Any mommies use the newer, clear Avent bottles?

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
As opposed to the amber-colored ones?

If so, do they leak at all?

We use the amber-colored bottles, and even though we do have leak problems with them, I tried several other types of bottles before concluding that for me at least, dealing with the leaks (which I catch and correct by shaking the bottle before even giving it to ds) than dealing with all the annoyances I found with other bottles.

Ds is almost done with bottles though, so I'm trying to decide if I should keep our bottles for when we have #2 (which won't be for at least a few years), or get rid of them and invest in new ones later.

If the clear bottles don't leak, I'll probably get rid of these and buy the clear ones later, but if they do leak too, I might as well keep these, because these suckers weren't cheap!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I have both and they both leak sometimes. I just deal with it too because I'm too lazy to try out different kinds. I wished I could say they work better, but they don't seem to for me even though they have an extra part to put on the top that is supposed to help.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don't have the clear ones we have the bpa free amber but we haven't had any real leak issues. anytime a leak occurs it's been user error for me...aka the nipple is usually not snapped in correctly so i pull it at diff angles 2-3x before screwing on the top...also tops need to be tight for me. our local store was actually clearancing out the amber ones so i picked up 2-3 boxes for 1/2 off. it was great!

in a few years who knows what the technology or differences would be like...i'd prob just store a few of them and then see what it was like in a few years.

also someone gave us a set of the born free, and i removed all the inside stuff and use them with the avent nipples and they actually work which i love that way we didn't have to waste them.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I am using the new clear ones and we haven't had any leaking issues. I've only had them leak once or twice when the top was screwed on incorrectly, but all I do is rescrew the top and the leaking stops. Overall, I really like them because there aren't too many parts to clean, like the Dr. Browns.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results