shape
carat
color
clarity

Another booster car seat question.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
DD#1 just turned 5 years old, is 40lbs and 45 inches tall. She will be starting kindergarten in the fall and we need a booster car seat that she can get herself into and out of properly when I drop her off and pick her up at school. She is currently in a Britax Marathon and can completely buckle and unbuckle herself, but obviously cannot pull her straps tight enough to be safe. I was initially thinking about a 5 pt harness booster, but it would be extremely difficult for me to tighten the straps from the driver seat as her booster will have to be on the far passenger side of the middle seat. Should we forgo the 5pt harness and just use the seatbelt that I can easily check that she has latched?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in a similar situation. DS is almost 4 but 45" and 45lbs. He can get in and out of his 5 point Britax harness. He also outgrew his secondary carseat so after looking at the options, I bought a belt positioning booster. It just fits better. The 5 point harness was almost at full extension and when winter comes, I'm afraid I won't be able to buckle it with coat on. I'm installing it later on today to test out and will likely switch out the main carseat later on in the year.

MrsDarcy

Rough_Rock
We use a Graco Nautilus for our 5 year old. It coverts to a booster that just uses the carseat and DS can fully operated it himself. We have a carline at school and he's able to get in and out without any assistance from us.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results