shape
carat
color
clarity

Album creation timeline/cost??

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alright ladies, so I'll start by saying that I love our wedding photographer. I just want to make sure that I'm not being taken advantage of. So it's been almost seven months since my wedding. Just today we finally got the final draft for our wedding album, and is now being sent to be manufactured, which will take another five weeks. Is this a normal time-frame? How long did it take for you to get your professional album, if you ordered one? Also the total cost for the album came to $580.00, I thought this seemed rather high, but it is a really nice leather bound 8x12 album. Does anybody mind sharing what they paid? Thanks!! :D

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I think that timeline seems very normal. My album was over 2k all in all so I think 580 seems awesome! I am sure it will be beautiful.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, okay I feel a lot better. The album is actually $1980 but he gave a $190 discount for taking so so long (which he brought up, not me), and we have a $1200 album/print credit with our photo package that we got from him, so we only had to end up paying the difference. That's why I felt like maybe we were being taken advantage of, but I guess we're getting a good deal. I can't believe how much this stuff costs!! :shock:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sba771, How many pictures were inlcuded in your album??

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
My package included 50 and then I ended up with 78 so I have to pay for the additional 28 so an additional 560 on top of everything. Very painful, but I had to be diplomatic with the photos and I wasn't allowed to cut certain ones.

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's worth it. Mine only included 60, but I paid the extra to end up with 90. I just didn't realize how much cost was involved with a photographer. I just thought you hired one paid for his time and got an album, all inclusize, but apparantely that's too easy :roll:

Thanks for your feedback though :D I'm glad I'm not alone!

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sba771|1300922060|2878528 said:
My package included 50 and then I ended up with 78 so I have to pay for the additional 28 so an additional 560 on top of everything. Very painful, but I had to be diplomatic with the photos and I wasn't allowed to cut certain ones.

So it's okay if it's too personal, but I was curious, why did you have restrictions with your photos? Were you creating it for someone else, or was it parental infulence, or was your photographer super strict? I felt so bad for you when I read that...

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
rhbgirl24|1302621717|2894076 said:
Yeah, thats completely normal. Ours was somewhere around there and the album costs just about a 1000 with our credits and discounts.

Geesh, at least we have photos to last a lifetime, and a nuclear attack, and a flood, and a fire for that price :rolleyes:
J/K by the way, it's still worth it :cheeky:

rhbgirl24

Ideal_Rock
RissaLou|1302833432|2896538 said:
rhbgirl24|1302621717|2894076 said:
Yeah, thats completely normal. Ours was somewhere around there and the album costs just about a 1000 with our credits and discounts.

Geesh, at least we have photos to last a lifetime, and a nuclear attack, and a flood, and a fire for that price :rolleyes:
J/K by the way, it's still worth it :cheeky:

Ha! I know, right? But I LOOOOOOOOOOVE looking back on our photos, so I guess it was worth it. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results