shape
carat
color
clarity

Agency keeps sending me bills!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We moved out of a townhome last May. . .so, well, since then, we keep getting warning letters from the HOA for misc stuff like leaving our garbage cans out too long or how we''re not properly parking our cars. They started charging us fines for not responding to the letters even though I''ve *have* responded to emails and letters, each one telling them that we don''t even live there anymore and are not responsible for the situation or the fines. They said they''d update their files, but haven''t.

So, today again, I just got another fine. What am I suppose to do? This is really frustrating me.

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Print up a threatening letter, (send it registered mail, return receipt) vowing to take legal recourse if they don't stop harassing you! They are setting themselves up for a harassment lawsuit!

If that doesn't stop them contact your local news station to see if they will do a 'troubleshooter' follow up type story!

How frustrating!
20.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Yep! "I''ll have my attorney follow-up if you do not confirm that this has been changed in your files, effective (whatever date you sold the place)" works like a charm!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you call someone? Sometimes it helps to talk to someone directly (the president of the HOA).

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I've already made the phone calls. Weird, huh? Maybe they just have mulitple departments and are entirely disorganized.

I was thinking bringing up calling in an attorney. I just wasn't sure if what they're doing is grounds for supporting such a threat. Still, what if the info did end up going on my credit report or something. . .

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is very strange. How large is this HOA?!?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 4:47:07 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
That is very strange. How large is this HOA?!?
I'm not sure about the details. There's about 90 units in the condo complex. Once they sent a $1000 bill to a neighbor who had left two cars in their driveway while on vacation (so they don't fool around)! Each unit comes with a garage, so if the owners have more than one car, one must be kept in the garage and the other can be parked in the parking spot provided directly in front of the garage. Residents aren't permitted to use garage as storage and are not allowed to have more than two cars on the premises. (Sure makes you want to spend $300K on a townhome there, huh?)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 4:36:35 PM
Author: MC
Yes, I''ve already made the phone calls. Weird, huh? Maybe they just have mulitple departments and are entirely disorganized.

I was thinking brining up calling in an attorney. I just wasn''t sure if what they''re doing is grounds for supporting such a threat. Still, if the info did end up going on my credit report or something. . .

Technically you don''t need legal grounds to send a firm sounding letter to them, it just makes your letter sound stronger. And if they hire a collection agency, there are laws in many states that prohibit them from harassing a debtor...and you don''t even OWE them anything...don''t let it go to the point of them involving a collection agency...at that point, it will be much harder to deal with and get cleared up!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 4:55:22 PM
Author: Ara Ann

Technically you don''t need legal grounds to send a firm sounding letter to them, it just makes your letter sound stronger. And if they hire a collection agency, there are laws in many states that prohibit them from harassing a debtor...and you don''t even OWE them anything...don''t let it go to the point of them involving a collection agency...at that point, it will be much harder to deal with and get cleared up!
I just went through my emails - looking for some other info - and found all the emails I had sent to the agency and forwarded them to the woman to remind her she had been notified. I also sent her the email she sent me saying she''d remove me from their records.
20.gif
Okay, I''ll write up a firm legal letter. . .hehehehe

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Print out a copy of all of your e-mail correspondence too and include it with the letter...can''t hurt. Good luck!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 5:09:55 PM
Author: Ara Ann
Print out a copy of all of your e-mail correspondence too and include it with the letter...can''t hurt. Good luck!
Thanks. . .

She just left a voice mail on my phone giving me the ''ole "clarical error," excuse.
20.gif
She did say sorry twice in her brief message.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results