carat
color
clarity

Adoption Thread

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
AGBF|1325605608|3094043 said:
IG-I don't know how long D will be in the hospital after a C-section, but would she like a cake sent to her? I can probably have one sent overnight. I can have it sent to you, so that she keeps her anonymity since you and your husband are also there. Or maybe cupcakes?

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

Deb- you are amazing!!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I will post a photo as soon as the legal stuff is out of the way. I can't wait for you all to see her sweet little face!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ImperfectGirl|1325630414|3094342 said:
Deb- you are amazing!!

I just get carried away with emotion because I relive the joy I felt when I adopted my own daughter! But I thank you and Maisie and LC for the kind words.

Deb
:lickout:

wintercupcakes.jpg

partycakepops.jpg

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
IG, I'll be checking this thread obsessively tomorrow. I can't believe what a happy start to the new year!!! Since Deb's sending you cakes, I'll send you lots of dust and prayers that tomorrow D will sign the papers and you'll have your baby girl. Keep us posted. I'm so, so happy for you!

Deb, those cakes look delicious! :lickout: Do you have a bakery or something? Or are you gifted with super-baking powers? LOL

~LC

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
ImperfectGirl, I have been following your story for as long as I can remember now and I just wanted to tell you how happy I am for you. I will be anxiously awaiting your post that the adoption is complete and that this sweet little bundle of joy is yours. I know this has been an extremely long journey for you and I've been praying that you finally get your baby. I truly believe this baby was created for you, was born for you and your DH. And she will finally be home, with you, where she was intended to be all along.

Can't wait to see her picture. And thanks so much for keeping us all up to date. I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say that we truly appreciate it. :bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lliang_chi|1325632481|3094372 said:
IG, I'll be checking this thread obsessively tomorrow. I can't believe what a happy start to the new year!!! Since Deb's sending you cakes, I'll send you lots of dust and prayers that tomorrow D will sign the papers and you'll have your baby girl. Keep us posted. I'm so, so happy for you!

Deb, those cakes look delicious! :lickout: Do you have a bakery or something? Or are you gifted with super-baking powers? LOL

~LC

Deb is amazing at sending cakes! Having been the recipient of her generosity I can vouch for the genuine joy she gets from sending them.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Count me among those who are quietly praying that tomorrow goes off without a hitch. It sounds like you had a lovely first day with the sweet little lady, and I look forward to hearing more about your journey getting to know your daughter. I cannot imagine the stress you're feeling now, given the past experiences you've had, but I'm sending you all of the good vibes I can muster! Enjoy these precious moments!

wyndham

Shiny_Rock
charbie|1325644108|3094531 said:
Count me among those who are quietly praying that tomorrow goes off without a hitch. It sounds like you had a lovely first day with the sweet little lady, and I look forward to hearing more about your journey getting to know your daughter. I cannot imagine the stress you're feeling now, given the past experiences you've had, but I'm sending you all of the good vibes I can muster! Enjoy these precious moments!

Ditto Charbie.

IG, I have been reading this thread for a long time and I'm praying for you, your DH, and your soon-to-be-daughter. Best of luck tomorrow...you deserve all the happiness in the world and I have faith that this is going to work out for you.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I've been following this thread too, anxiously waiting for the news. I can't wait until you post pics and news that everything is official! She sounds like a little angel. Hope you get some sleep tonight. ;-)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keeping you all in my prayers IG!!! hugs

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More prayers from me, too, IG!!!! Tomorrow is a very big day! Does the birthfather have to sign? Once they sign is it absolutely final? How long do you have to stay there?

I can't wait to see her and learn her name! One more day!!! :appl:

siv

Rough_Rock
IG, I'm a lurker that's been following your story. I'm praying that God will let this little one be yours. Waiting for the good news and pictures.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up this morning so excited for updates today. I can't wait to hear that this is a done deal and you and your little one are on your way HOME!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
IG---I hope that today is a special day that you, D, and S, will always cherish! I will be checking back today for updates, all day!

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
diamondseeker2006|1325655809|3094675 said:
More prayers from me, too, IG!!!! Tomorrow is a very big day! Does the birthfather have to sign? Once they sign is it absolutely final? How long do you have to stay there?

I can't wait to see her and learn her name! One more day!!! :appl:

Good morning everyone! Today is the day. I'm sure I'm not ready for how emotional it will be no matter which way the chips fall.

To answer DS questions, no birthfather doesn't need to sign. He has made no attempt to acknowledge this baby and so our attorney feels it is best to mark birthfather as unknown on the birth cert. This means that he has 30 days from baby's birth to register with the Texas paternity registry. If he registers, it will mean he is claiming paternity and has an interest in knowing what happens to the child (in this case, an adoption placement). So if he registers, he will be able to contest the adoption. If he does not, after the 30 days is up, out attorney can automatically request his rights be terminated as he has chosen not to acknowledge the child.

Once bmom signs, her consent is irrevocable for 60 days. In that 60 days, our attorney will need to go to court to request that parental rights be officially terminated and our adoption be finalized. Obviously we can't do this until 30 days has passed in order to check the paternity registry. Our attorney assures us that there is no reason why we can't go to court and have this done between the 30-60 day timeframe. If for some reason we can't get it done in under 60 days and D has changed her mind, she'll have to hire an attorney to contest the adoption.

Lastly, we will get to make the drive home as soon as the papers are signed and the pedi discharges the baby! Fingers crossed that that day is today!

Sorry for any typos...I'm typing from my IPhone. I will update you all later!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope that everything will be done in good time and there won't be any issues. You have come so far, you are almost there! I will be praying for you all today. Its a big day for sure!! Hugs!!

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
IG - I am soooo excited for you sweetie and hope that today is the day that you get to bring your little angel home! :appl: It sounds like the process is pretty straightforward, so hopefully in 60 days, everything will be officially complete. In the meantime, get ready for a whole lotta love (and some sleepless nights) as you finally get your little baby! I can't wait to see some pics too

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've checked this thread at least three times today...every time I entered the room with the computer! I am with you every step of the way, IG! Thank you for the play-by-play!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a big day today! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and you get to bring your little girl home. Thank you for the updates IG. You've got so many friends here thinking about you. I'm praying that the next few weeks will be the bleary eyed bliss you've been waiting for. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!

~LC

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Outta bed and here I am! Happy, positive vibes your way! Health to the healing Mom!

cheers--Sharon

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea what time it is there, but it's noon for me and I'm saying a prayer for you that the signing goes off without a hitch. Massive truckloads of well wishes and dust too!

:appl:

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
The papers have been signed...lots to tell but no time at the moment. Back later with details!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1325709258|3095099 said:
The papers have been signed...lots to tell but no time at the moment. Back later with details!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock

BEST. POST. EVER.

No joke - this has been a long time coming for you and you SO DESERVE this! YAYAYAYAY!!

Can't wait to hear the rest. Enjoy your family of three in the meantime :)

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Fantastic news! Sending tons of dust that baby girl is on her way home with you now! And more dust that everything continues to go smoothly. :appl: :appl: :appl:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
ImperfectGirl|1325630564|3094346 said:
I will post a photo as soon as the legal stuff is out of the way. I can't wait for you all to see her sweet little face!!

And we can't wait to see her! ::)

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IG - I'm so pleased for you!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What? No time? I don't know why you're so busy! :naughty:

Have a safe trip home! I have a funny feeling you'll be sitting in the back seat staring at your little girl for the entire 4.5 hour ride! :love:

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congrats IG!!!!! :appl: :appl: Enjoy your new little one!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
IG: What a wonderful way to start off the new year! So happy for you and your family.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results