shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement diamond help

Callum86

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

This is my first ever post on here, but I have been browsing the site for a while now :)

I am from the UK and have decided to buy the diamond and engagement band seperately as it appears to be the cheapest way to do things. I have a local jewellers which have a lovely band and have agreed to set the stone I provide them with. My big issue now is finding a diamond! I have slight OCD so have been doing lots of reading. I'm aiming for a round brilliant cut of around 0.5ct with a budget of maximum £1300. My main aim is to get one that had a good fire and sparkles out of this world! Im undecided wether to maybe look for something with an excellent cut but maybe S1 clarity and maybe a lower colour like G? (I was originally looking at vS2 and d-f colour) that way i could maybe get a larger diamond for my money :) Would you be able to tell the difference?

Is there anywhere that people would recommend getting them from? Ideally, I was looking UK seller because of the tax etc I have to pay if I get one imported. How ever, I'm more than happy to get one from America. I've had a look at a few sites people have suggested but any further advice and help would be appreciated :)

Many thanks

Callum

Krikawa

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Callum,

Congratulations on your future engagement! ;-) For maximum sparkle, the cut is absolutely the number one factor to consider. If you're going to compromise on anything, don't compromise on cut grade! I always recommend G-H color and SI1 clarity with an excellent cut. These specifications will give you the most bang for your buck! G-H diamonds are considered near-colorless, and a G diamond is certainly going to appear white. In regards to the clarity, the difference between a VS2 and SI1 diamond can only be seen by a trained grader under magnification. An SI1 diamond with an excellent cut will look white and it will be eye clean, meaning that no inclusions will be visible to your naked eye. :)

Best wishes, and good luck in your search!
http://www.krikawa.com/search/loose-diamond-search.aspx?shape=round

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results