shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Holy Grail of Gem Purchases

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, in some ways I feel the same. When I get a stone set, it's funny, but I think, "OK, so it's a ring." Not that I'm not thrilled, but unset stones are all possibility & all Earth. Peering at their beauty from all angles gets to me right in the gut; at the same time I can put them mentally in many settings.

I will never have my holy grail: a paraiba like LD's. Unless I sell my house & live in the car, which sounds like a decent trade to me!

A beautifully saturated chrome tourmaline 7+ mm.

Fancy intense yellow diamond 2.5+ ct. (Never have that either!)

Plus about 10 other stones that make me bang my head on the desk in frustration every day. :love:

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1359054600|3362967 said:
I have been looking for a rose cut, round, 7 mm white sapphire to put in my ering setting (see avatar). I know it will look glassy, but I want to use the ring as a "backup" ring when I want to wear a yellow gold wedding set

I have to amend my holy grail. While I want a white sapphire to reuse my ering setting when I get my ering stone reset, my holy grail is:

Top color red, green and blue stones. Red is done, with my spinel (see avatar). I want a vivid blue sapphire, in some type of brilliant cut, preferably cushion. For green, I think I want a glowy emerald green-blue emerald. I'd like all to be about 6-7 mm in diameter, but I realize for the emerald, I may have to sacrifice size for a top color/glow/clarity. I may be convinced to do some other green stone, but I'll have to mull it over.

I'm in no rush. My priority right now is my ering reset, and I have to budget for all my purchases.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm happy to see this thread revived as I was just wondering who was looking for what and where the thread had gone to!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Minous, I agree. I like this thread because it helps me focus on the fact that I like jewelry for the gems, not the setting. As such, I am going to drop looking for a white sapphire for my YG ering setting because it may be that the blue or green stones that are part of my true holy grail may look good in the setting. I will be patient.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I'll answer you in your other thread, but now its time for you to give us a sense of what you envision the finished product looking like so we can enable - er, I mean, assist you in your search... :bigsmile:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I'm going to play since I started a Bucket List thread and was directed to this one:

Holy grail found:
Beautiful jadeite jade oval cab - set into Harry Winston style halo ring
Pair of Burma red cushion cut spinel - set into 18 bezel studs with milgrain
Pair of 7 mm rose cut diamonds - currently being set into collet style earrings with hook and lever back

Holy grail not yet found:
Fancy blue diamond. Open to size/shape. I would spend up to 10k which is more than I would spend on any other stone at this point.I know this would be a chip of a stone, but I gotta have one. As a serious search, I've only been scouring for about 2 years.

Thanks to Kenny, I also would like a fancy intense green diamond. This is unattainable as far as I'm concerned because he owns the stone I would want. Because of this I just revisit the old posts where he has posted pictures of it.

Luc Yen neon cobalt blue spinel. Again, open to shape and size because the material is so incredibly rare. I have no idea what a fine stone under 1 carat would be priced at, let alone anything larger. As far as search time, on and off for 2 years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results