shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow [Golden] Zircon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just picked up an 8mm round yellow zircon cut by Andrew Gulij. In some lights it appears yellow and in other lights it appears more cogniac colored. It's an interesting stone that reminds me of autumn. Here are a few pics I took in different lighting.

cmsgoldenzircon1.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon3.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon5.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon6.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! I really like zircons. I agree it does have an autumn feel to it.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I like the deeper color shift a bit more than the lighter yellow - it's pretty both ways though. How's the dispersion on this one? It looks like there are some lovely color flashes going on, very nice! I still don't own a zircon but I'd like to get around to it :).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting looking yellow zircon that ranges from bright to subdued. Can't wait to see some SUN aka dispersion pictures. :naughty:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very autumn-ish. Very pretty stone. With that range of shift it must be like having several stones for the price of one.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha, if you want sun pics you'll have to wait for another week. It's supposed to rain all week here. I did get one sort of sun shot yesterday and was experimenting with an LED flashlight and got a couple of pics I'll post. This is a very interesting stone and also the hardest one I've ever tried to photograph. I just cannot get the pictures to look like what it does in real life. At times it's quite yellow but then has a green glow to it. Then in most other lights it's that mellow whiskey color. It's very lively and I almosted gasped out loud when I first did the LED flashlight on it but of course I couldn't capture any of that with the camera no matter what I did. The moods of this stone fascinate me so I really want to be able to see it when set. That means a ring I guess. I know that I will have to be very careful but it won't be one that I wear that often so I'm sure it will be fine. I'm trying to decide between two settings I already have that it will fit into. One is a three stone white gold setting and the other is a YG solitaire setting. I'm leaning towards the YG right now but not 100% sure yet.

cmsgoldenzircon7.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon9.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon10.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon11.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is showing it's whisky side plus the two settings I'm contemplating.

cmsgoldenzircon12.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon13.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon15.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon14.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Showing color. Last two shots, lol.

cmsgoldenzircon16.jpg

cmsgoldenzircon17.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results