shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Sapphire vs. Chrysoberyl for ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Which would you pick? I want a stone in the yellow family for a ring. Does anyone have a good source for either (seems like Natural Sapphire Company has good reviews here)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on how intense and pure of a yellow you prefer. A yellow sapphire can look like pure sunshine which a chrysoberyl cannot. A chrysoberyl usually has some green to it. Both are a good choice for a ring stone. Of course, budget comes into play too. Chrysoberyl is less expensive and untreated. Yellow sapphires, while less expensive than blue sapphires, still cost more than chrysoberyl, especially if you are particular about it being untreated.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know much about yellow sapphires but I will say that chrysoberyl reminds me of Mountain Dew in color. Mostly yellow but a hint of green.

Gleam

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you both very much. I hadn''t realized there''s a tinge of green in the yellow chrysoberyl... I haven''t seen one in real life yet!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Depending on budget, if you want something less than a sapphire, you may also consider a yellow beryl (heliodor).
I have a very pretty one in a bezel ring that is a bright sunny yellow.

RainbowRocks

Rough_Rock
I happen to also love chrysoberyl. The color feels fresh and crisp to me. What do you think about citrine? Too golden for you?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Size is also a factor - if you''d like something larger, but don''t want to spend too much, chrysoberyl is a better choice. They''re not too dificult to find in sizes under 4 carats.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results