shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow sapphire eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
On a whim, I''m considering a yellow sapphire eternity band that I saw online. I really don''t know much about these stones. Will they sparkle? Do I need to worry about uniformness of color? Are there other things I should be concerned about? I think it would be a fun right hand ring, but I want it to have some life, not look washed out or dull. They are small stone (4-5 points each) channel set in platinum.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Lop,

May I ask what site you seen the band on?

Thanks,

Lori

yowahking

Shiny_Rock
There are many things you should worry about, question is how many will you worry about. Eternity bands are not good for people who gain or drop weight. The heat to work on plat is too much for sapphires. Sapphires are not usually cut like diamonds, so some will be deeper than others and often poke through to finger. Yellows that size are tough to retain rich color, a slight bit of hand lotion often kills color. If the supplier actually makes the ring, ask to have 2 extra stones sent, even if you have to pay $25 for them. One day you will thank me for not having to wait for a match when you damage one. Any good jeweler can put a new one in when they were meant to be in the ring and match others. If it is mass produced, no luck with that option. Price, the last hurdle. Most of the rings set in plat with yellow sapphires are overpriced. Find a good appraiser for that one.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Scott,

That is very helpful info, and I appreciate the help. I had to put this on the back burner -- I was traveling and didn't have internet access
eek.gif

coolguynamek

Rough_Rock
Please be careful while purchasing yellow sapphire from the market or any shop . there are many yellow stones looks like yellow sapphire . it can be topaz , citrine also.

coolguy
confused.gif

rubydick

Shiny_Rock
I'd stay well clear of any yellow sapphire being sold online unless the seller has an excellent reputation for full disclosure of treatments. There are huge quantities of beryllium-treated yellows being dumped in the market and most online sellers are not properly disclosing it.

See this link for more details.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info. I figured it was too simple as it looked.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Lop,

What site did you see the ring at?

Lori

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lori,

I saw it at www.signedpieces.com. I don't know if it is still there. It was during their recent sale.

Sorry for the delayed answer -- I ended up traveling and just am getting back to this.

Lop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results