shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow FCDs suddenly in demand?

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Strangely, vendors appear to be moving larger yellow FCDs quite quickly these days... anybody knows what gives?

Leibish was selling a good number recently, but this morning when I checked what sold, nearly a whole page of large yellows had made it out the door (ranging from 1-11cts)

http://www.fancydiamonds.net/sold_diamonds

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking that maybe it was an anomaly and that someone bought them for a project, but when I took a look they are all shapes and sizes so I tend to think not so much. I have no clue, but I bet our resident experts might know if anything is prompting a sudden rush on yelows...Kenny?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harold Seigel, an FCD vendor who owns Rare Colored Diamonds, says in this video http://www.rarecoloreddiamonds.com/watchnow.html that prices of the more rare colors have already skyrocketed.
In today's market yellows may offer the best appreciation, especially larger flawless ones.
The best value today is Yellows per Seigel.

Maybe word is getting around.

You could email Leibish about why yellows are flying out the door.
They've been pretty candid with me while of course protecting their client's privacy.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think it's unusual. Of all FCDs, yellow have sold quickly because (typically) they are the more affordable end and people tend to move to yellow first before progressing (if they do) to other colours. When I first started collecting FCDs I bought nearly all yellows.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, let's not forget, there are just more yellows in the pipeline than any other color.

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I think there is a rather large difference between an 11 carat fancy yellow and an 11 carat fancy red, green, blue, pink, orange, or violet lol!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1309065671|2955259 said:
In today's market yellows may offer the best appreciation, especially larger flawless ones.

And the Intenses and Vivids.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi! Good to 'see' you.

Diamond prices are shooting up across the spectrum. Sigh.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree that yellow diamonds have experienced a new popularity lately. Marketing by some of the larger companies can't hurt this.
But actually it's not vivid and intense that have seen the greatest increases.
I've been totally shocked at the trend in larger Fancy Light Yellow- even Y-Z stones in larger sizes are up sharply- more so than vivid and intense.
Other colors are up- but since esoteric colors like blue and pink are so rare, and the prices already so stratospheric, there's far less movement in price there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results