shape
carat
color
clarity

Yellow Chrysoberyl from BARRY

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took a bunch of pics, and just got them into the computer and then I'll resize them after I go pick up London from school. It's 7.2mm round, 1.79 cts. Yellow, sparkly as all get out. It seems smaller than my spinel but I think that's b/c of the bezel.

For reference, this is Barry's picture, and then my idea of what to do with it. Let me know what you think!

markpattersonsemibezel.png

markpattersonsemibezel2.png

cr-6703g_820_general.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I love the design, and I love Barry's chrysoberyls. The stone may seem smaller, but you know it's going to light up the room in that ring.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the stone and love the ring!

I can't wait to see your pictures :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I got massively sidetracked after getting London-the back fence gate blew open in the wind and Chicken got out! Will start resizing now. Yellow is hard to capture.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nah, she's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I dig chickens and have chickens/roosters in the kitchen..can't have poultry in town, so this is the closest I could get haha. She does however make the cooing noises chickens do.

Bunches of pics coming!

100_1222.jpg

100_1215.jpg

100_1211.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ones where you can see my shadow-I'm talking on the phone so I have my head cocked to hold the phone to my shoulder-that's why it looks funny. I'm not really a hunchback.

100_1240.jpg

100_1234.jpg

100_1233.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful :love: It looks like a very pretty yellow and sooo sparkly! Congrats :appl: :appl:

How do you feel about it?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks BN! I love it a lot! It's hard to look at in the sun b/c it flashes light so much my eyes tear up. In the shade tho-wow! It reflects the black of the camera-I wish I could figure out how to not do that. It's not a neon or golden or greenish yellow, it's more of a..buttery yellow? I don't know how to describe it. Yellow-yellow? Yum Yum Yellow? (haha that's a shark term) hahaha I like it. I hereby name it Yum Yum.

ETA-I took it into London's room and held it up to the walls. It's a little more yellow than her walls, by just a tish. Her walls are a soft buttery yellow. Very feminine.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like the stone and setting the way you've pictured them. is that a gold bezel? if so, it will make the stone really pop.

MoZo

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Great pics and great stone.

I love half bezels, particularly the ones that flow like the one you showed. Sigh. I'm going to be jealous of this ring!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
MZ, haha yeah, that's supposed to be a gold bezel. I ended up w/2 versions of it b/c I couldn't get the yellows right, and I only have this Microsoft Picture It thing. Maybe I should break down and buy Photoshop.

Thanks SG! I've been going back and forth between bezel/semi bezel, but so far I'm thinking that since I already have a bezel this could be semi. I think. Gah.

Couple more pics..the one w/the bike is w/the sun behind me. The other one is blurry but I just liked the sparkles.

100_1249.jpg

100_1250.jpg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone! I really like the ring design too!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the color of the stone, and I think that design looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the finished product!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm impressed how your camera is even able to handle the chrysoberyl's amazing flash and sparkle in the sun. Mine just ends up looking like a white blob. :lol: Your oval has better colour but your new Barry stone has a livelier cut.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Chrono, I had to delete some pics b/c I was like this :shock: , blinking my eyes from the flash of it in the sun-they did end up like white blobs. And some, I had to keep moving my hand b/c there was a big white line vertical in the viewfinder from the stone!

ETA Took some more pics in the laundry room downstairs. More lemony and no black reflections.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully cut, and it's a sparkler!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the cut and looks like a bright and sparkly stone! yay! for the semi bezel too! you know I love em!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantactic, Packrat. I love the stone, and I love the ring. I shall post my chryso from Jeff, I thin the color is almost identical.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi PR! :wavey:

WOO HOO...you've got a beauty there! Love the ring idea, too!

Lori

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A contemporary and sleek ring ;))

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Glad you guys like the ring idea too! I saw a full bezel last night that I liked a lot but..I still think the semi is what I'll do.

Took some more pictures last night. I sent a bunch to Barry too-I couldn't help it.

100_1298.jpg

100_1297.jpg

100_1290.jpg

100_1304.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love those chryso's and your ring design packrat! :love: I've been hankering for a semi-bezel for a while now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results