shape
carat
color
clarity

Would my pad fit in this setting?

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
One big thing that I have learned is that a MM in the gemstone world is huge. I think it would look a bit wonky if the jeweler tried to make it fit by attempting to open the prongs

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hmmm ok. I am asking jewelryhoo about making the head the right shape with a ring of theirs. Is jewelryhoo good with customizations?

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
RockHugger said:
Hmmm ok. I am asking jewelryhoo about making the head the right shape with a ring of theirs. Is jewelryhoo good with customizations?
I did not have good results the one time I asked for customization. It arrived and the setting was too big for the stone. I was very clear with instructions using a diagram as well due to their limited english. I actually purchased the setting from lan.bo4 but he runs both stores

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have beautiful settings, but I customize a lot, and I'm always worried about buying from them because I'm afraid my customizations won't get done. I've heard lots of bad things about them as far as customizations getting done properly, but some people haven't had a problem. LOGR has done 99% of my customizations properly. Once they forgot to put a v-prong on a setting, but they get them done fine otherwise.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelryhoo / Lan.bo4 (who I think are the same person) aren't good at customisations. English is not their first language and there have been numerous examples on here where they've not done what's asked. LOGR are much better with customisations.

What I would say is that the length of your stone would be ok but the width of your stone is too large and so it will hang over the inside of the first halo (about .3mm on each side) and there won't be an airline. If you can stand that then I'd go for the 7x5 and cross fingers. I sometimes take a gamble on things like this and it normally pays off. However, don't do it if you're super fussy!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LovingDiamonds said:
Jewelryhoo / Lan.bo4 (who I think are the same person) aren't good at customisations. English is not their first language and there have been numerous examples on here where they've not done what's asked. LOGR are much better with customisations.

What I would say is that the length of your stone would be ok but the width of your stone is too large and so it will hang over the inside of the first halo (about .3mm on each side) and there won't be an airline. If you can stand that then I'd go for the 7x5 and cross fingers. I sometimes take a gamble on things like this and it normally pays off. However, don't do it if you're super fussy!

Yes, and make sure you have a good jeweler to set it. A poor jeweler might not want to set it if it's even a tad too big for the setting since they won't know how to open up the prongs and notch them.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a good jeweler so no worries there. I just need a setting lol.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results