shape
carat
color
clarity

Who to use for replica ring? Design suggestions?

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi PS :)

It's been a while since I have visited the CS section. My mom wears a daily right hand ring that was my great grandmother's. I have loved it ever since I was a little girl. Turns out my mother has a bracelet of five matching green jade cabochons from my great grandmother too. She is considering on breaking up the bracelet so that my sisters and I could have the ring replicated and each have one. Apparently she had been considering this for a while but backed out when the jeweler told her it would be terrible to break up such a beautiful bracelet since the stones are so well matched. It kind of slipped out at dinner one day when I was asking to wear her ring during the meal. She saw the excited look on my face and now is reconsidering. Yay! I told her I would research and get a quote and she can decide from there. She actually has "to find" the bracelet but said the color is rich and that the stones are a little smaller.

So my question is what PS vendor would be great for the job. Any thoughts? I don't think it's particularly difficult but I want it to be really well made. Same 18k yellow gold. Hers has been through very tough times and still looks great for being something that was made over 65-70 years ago or more.

I have attached some pictures. Hoping PSers can give some advice. Also I am not sure I love the underside being open. A lot of dirt gets in there. Any suggestions on that? The profile has some thinning gold work... Wondering what you suggest for the profile? Plain? I want to keep the side butterflies. My mom was surprised by that and suggested a simpler setting. For some reason though I feel like it would feel more sentimental being closer to the original design. Hmmm

_32575.jpg

_32576.jpg

_32577.jpg

_32578.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. David Klass all the way for the budget conscious yet good quality workmanship. However, communication can be a bit spotty but otherwise customer service seems topnotch.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to suggest David Klass as well. He has made 4 rings for me and is now working on the 5th. In my opinion his craftmanship is great and his pricing is absolutely reasonable. He always reacts fast and is easy to communicate with. Also, he seems to be one of those vendors who wants his customers to be absolutely happy.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chrono and Acinom! That sounds great. I will reach out to him when it is time. Appreciate the suggestions and feedback!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're welcome!!
The butterfly is a stunning detail in that lovely ring by the way :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results