shape
carat
color
clarity

Who's Gonna Bid on This One?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Sotheby's auction in a week. Talk to your bankers!

Center diamond 5.6+ ct. PS fades it out -- much more vibrant than this in the catalog pic!

Orange Brown.jpg

Orange Brown 2.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy. Lovin' the color.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh crikey I hate to say this but if it's being sold by Sotheby's then it's going to have a very high reserve and will probably sell for much more than it's worth. I've managed to buy some wonderful browns of a carat and over for very very very little money! I appreciate that at 5ct it's a lovely big stone but even so ............... Here's one of mine 1ct etc., untreated, SI1- please excuse the setting as it's awful and has mucky fingerprints on the stone obscuring its prettiness! I got this for under $700 (stone only) :oops:

Diamond Brown Pear  re size for PS.JPG

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, LD. Are you sitting down? The estimate for the Sotheby's ring is $60K - $80K. The flanking diamonds (no report cited) are 2.95 ct, "near colorless." No clarity info for them given, nor treatment. And you didn't have to pay whatever-million in Sotheby's premium!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seriously? Well I pity the poor person who pays that much! It's a pretty diamond etc etc but you'll be pleased to know, I won't be bidding! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results