shape
carat
color
clarity

white topaz

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,
I am considering a pair of white topaz stud earrings from a trusted vendor. I am looking for something sparkly, small (3mm), and durable for wear in my second hole that will match most other earrings without changing them. I don't know much about white topaz--is it sparkly and will it be durable? Also, is it generally treated, or not?

PrecisionGem

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
White topaz is very abundant and therefor not commonly treated. It can be treated to turn it blue, or is often now coated for various other colors and effects such as rainbow topaz. White can produce a very lively stone. 3mm stones should be very cheap, at any gem show you should be able to buy a few of them for $1 to $5 in that size.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I would also add that bumping the size up to a larger gem will not be much more money and will be more visible, a pair of 5mm perhaps. Best regards, Lee

Kitten35

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I am actually looking for really tiny for this particular pair, but I agree that 5 mm would be great for a larger size!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a tiny pair of diamond studs as well - 3mm, 0.33tcw. I got mine at DB for around $100, if I remember correctly. They are well cut and sparkle nicely, so I would recommend stalking DB and ebay for a while and snag diamonds. In the end, I think it is worth the extra money.

desertgem

Rough_Rock
I would like to suggest diamond ( SRB) cut clear colorless zircons as an alternate. Their dispersion rate will have much more flash than topaz and the price for the sizes mentioned are generally competitive within the same dealers.

Jim

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Topaz is certainly sparkly enough and durable. In the 3 mm size, you also have many other options as stated above such as danburite, zircon and of course, secondhand diamonds for not very much money.

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Oooo!! I love topaz! I bought my 2.5 carat light peach/pink topaz from Gene about 6 weeks ago. It's beautifully cut!

*waves to Gene*

You must post a picture of your earrings when you get them!

familynurse

Rough_Rock
I was thinking of using colorless topaz as side stones. Would you mind letting me know the name of your vender? I have been searching the web, but have not had much luck finding 2small matched stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results