shape
carat
color
clarity

Which tsavorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
OK, maybe my first question was too abstract and these stones are supposed to be on hold for me. Which one do you like better?

1) Cushion around 0.85 ct 5.9 x 5.5

tsav_cushion_86.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Second stone

Tsavorite 1 ct pear 8.6 x 5.7

This would normally be a slam dunk and I would get the cushion, but I have a step cut shaped stone that is just over 5 mm (I measured it today). And I kind of like the fact that the pear hits the one ct mark, because my current one is less than 1 ct. I''m torn, I can''t get both, I need some opinions.

pear_tsav1ct.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Here is my current stone for reference

IMG_0553_1.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, if it is for a pendant, I would choose the pear, because I just love pear shaped pendants. What sort of project do you have in mind? It looks like you already have an unset green cushion so I''m not sure what this new stone is for.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
How are you planning to set the stones?

Based only on the photos you posted I would go with the cushion. The pear looks darker (which I like), but seems to have more yellow (at least on my monitor) which would rule it our for me. Will Eric send you a photo of both side by side on his hand? If the color/saturation of both stones is very similar, then I''d go with the pear.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's Eric's opinion on the quality of the 2 (compared to each other)? If they are identical, I'll go for the pear. I second the suggestion of a picture of the 2 stones together on the hand.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 12:08:33 PM
Author: Chrono
What's Eric's opinion on the quality of the 2 (compared to each other)? If they are identical, I'll go for the pear. I second the suggestion of a picture of the 2 stones together on the hand.

He says that the only real difference is shape. He likes the cushion because he likes cushions better ;-).

The stone would go into a ring.

ETA: I think he really likes them both. I was looking at some spinel cabs, than changed my mind and went towards these, and he tone has changed, he is so much more excited about both these stones. I have already asked him a million questions, I don't want to bug him too much more.

Also, my cushion is set, I just put the loose stone up because they are easier to compare.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... he just wrote back and told me that the pear is better for a pendant too, and that the cushion is better for a ring. I am thinking the cushion now...

Thanks for everyones help :).

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the cushion better for a ring too, can''t wait to see pics of whichever one you decide to get!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 1:42:26 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I like the cushion better for a ring too, can''t wait to see pics of whichever one you decide to get!

Thanks, I got the cushion. I think Eric was trying to be impartial, but after I bought the stone, he told me I made a very good choice. I probably won''t see the stone for 3 months. I am having it sent to my Father''s house and going to "ask" for it as a Christmas present. He usually has no problem with that. For my B-day, I bought my jewelry box and he just gave me the money. I am also having it sent there so there will be no problems with the move. I love tsavorites, and can see myself having several of them in the future :).

I also got this stone for my sister''s partner. Her favorite color is orange and I wanted to find her a reasonable priced spess. I know for me it would be too included, but I showed it to my sister, and she said it would be perfect. I am going to ask Sally to set it into a Lotus, hopefully before Christmas. My sister is a real tomboy, so this is the first time I have had someone in the family to buy "girl" stuff for.

Spessartite_Cab.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m late to the vote, but I have a soft spot for cushions so that''s what I woulda voted for anyway.

Did you get the cab from Eric too? It''s a pretty color-in a lotus will make a nice gift for your sisters partner!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 4:53:09 PM
Author: packrat
I''m late to the vote, but I have a soft spot for cushions so that''s what I woulda voted for anyway.

Did you get the cab from Eric too? It''s a pretty color-in a lotus will make a nice gift for your sisters partner!

Yes I did, his shipping is kind of expensive, and it is the same price to ship two stones. So I got the spess for my sister''s partner (which is still cheeper than anything I found in the states with the shipping), and added another stone for myself
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Late to the party, but I personally prefer the cushion too. Nice choice!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2009 9:56:39 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Late to the party, but I personally prefer the cushion too. Nice choice!

Thank you. I am thinking of setting my current tsavorite into a halo pendant, because I am not happy with the current setting, and the new one into a halo ring.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack, I know I''m late, but I totally would have gone cushion, too!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 2:33:26 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Ack, I know I''m late, but I totally would have gone cushion, too!

Well, at least I have people saying I made the right choice. I am not going to see the stone for about 3 months, so it is mine! BTW, after I move, I think I am going to get a couple LOGRs for my smaller stones. It will be my first time buying on ebay, can you believe that??

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That cushion looks too close to a round.
It suffers from CIS, cut identify syndrome.

It is so close that it looks like a poorly-cut round.

I prefer the pear.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/3/2009 3:30:46 PM
Author: kenny
That cushion looks too close to a round.

It suffers from CIS, cut identify syndrome.

It is so close that it looks like a poorly-cut round.

I prefer the pear.

Hum...a lot of the true antique cushions are cut like that and I always thought they were quite lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results