Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
c, but I wouldnt call any of the rhodalite

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i voted "c"....more of a purple rhodie....but once again a picture doesn't give true color.

MoZo

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I should have worded it better.

As you can see they're all garnets, all asschers, all relatively dark.

Which one do you think will, overall, have the best look in person based on how they perform in the video. Forget what the color of the stone is and look at the liveliness of the stone.

I hope this makes more sense.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also voted for #3 - I like the cut better and you already know the color is darkish - but I will mention that, on my monitor at least, I seem to see a spot or dot on the table near the center... it may just be a bit of debris but if it is an inclusion or surface blemish then I would have to ix-nay this one too. Is this for a project?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The third one is the most "rhodolite like", but all threee are dark, and considering they're deep asscher cuts, you're going to have a black dark extinct stone with any of them.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TL and Marymm, I don't know how to read asschers too well and that's what I feared. I guess I'll just pass again and save the money until I can get a custom asscher stone :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the tone already dark to begin with, I'm expecting to see a good bit of extinction in all 3 stones. You don't necessarily need a custom cut stone but a stone with the right tone. An already dark stone isn't a good candidate for this design.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to vote C but only because it has more purple than the other two (which look a bit too brown). A great Rhodolite should be purple/pink in colour without any brown which is why I've screened out A and B. My only other observation, as others have already said, is that all 3 are very dark. When you mix a dark stone with an Asscher cut, you can sometimes lose all colour and view of the cut and end up with just a squared dark looking stone. I bought a dark purple asscher cut once and unfortunately hate it specifically because of this.

How about speaking with one of our regular lapidarists to see if they can cut you something? Michael E perhaps? John at Gemrite had some gorgeous Umbalites a while back - he may still have some rough.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Chrono. I just haven't been able to find an asscher in the range I want. Most are the wrong color or too pale/dark. If something just happens to appear it's usually picked up before I see it.

LD thanks for the suggestions, I haven't had a look at gemrite yet :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results