shape
carat
color
clarity

which Montana?

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
I have been chatting with ElleW on her Etsy website. Just to get some gemstone advice. She's very sweet and helpful. If you have an etsy account you can go to her shop "thegemstoneproject" and see if she would take your contact number and email me. By the way, she would be a great person to ask for design advice. Your other option is to contact David Klass, email address on his FB page. He's popular around here lately. You don't have to use his service, but he will give you my email address. I'll let him know also.

The ring from JuliaB is very beautiful so don't let me stop you from getting it. Her jewelries are very pretty!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
The JuliaB ring looks pretty- definitely worth seeing in person!!

kallard

Rough_Rock
I did send through TheGemProject.

Now I have added that shop to my favorites!

Thank you!

Violetphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Definitely look at JuliaB ring, that setting is gorgeous!

I just etsied Elle and gave her my personal email to give you. I only offered this because I remember reading your first post...you can reject my offer and let someone else more in need take the stone. I bought it in 2011 and had it stored away since. I just took it out few days ago after I read your earlier posts. If I were you, I would send it to AGL first before spending money on a nice setting. Hey if it's real, consider you won a lottery and pass your love and generosity around :)

kallard

Rough_Rock
I do like that ring and the sapphire, but I like the double halo on the one that I have been looking at. Plus that one above what I can pay outright. If I were piecing the ring together, then I could have paid for part of it at a time, but not in one lump payment.

I am waiting for the JuliaB one's arrival. :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Violetphoenix|1442491707|3928763 said:
Hi,

I noticed that you like heart shaped sapphire and you also have indicated you like a greenish blue sapphire. I bought a heart shaped "supposedly" sapphire few years ago. I'm not sure if it's a real sapphire or not because I only paid couple hundred dollars for it. I saw your thread and would like to contact you about this stone, but before I did I wanted to try to look it up to make sure if it's even a real sapphire before I offer to give it to you. It came with a certificate and I don't even know for sure if that's even a real certificate. I would feel bad if it turns out a fake. Forgive me if it's not a real thing ok. Let me know if you want it. Don't worry about the cost. I don't need this stone. Also, I know you're a teacher and on a tight budget. I love teachers. You guys have the hardest job and under appreciated a lot of times. Let me know how to ship it to you. Here are some pics

Violetphoenix-

AIGS is a legitimate lab, and if they say you have a sapphire, then you have a sapphire! :appl:

The only question would be the level of treatment, since they may or may not have had the equipment to detect beryllium treatment at that time. But, personally, I think it is untreated, because green is not a huge moneymaking color in sapphires. So why would they beryllium treat to make something green? Also, I believe beryllium requires some heat. If they said it was unheated, it is unlikely that it was heated or treated. You might want to look up the particulars of beryllium.

I bought most of my sapphires a few years ago, for very little money (never paid more than a few hundred). They were sold to me as untreated and when I sent them to AGL they came back as untreated. So chances are you really do have an untreated green sapphire. :appl: :appl: :love:

We need Chrono :wavey: to chime in when she has some time, I'm sure she will. She can set me straight if I have gone off track. You might want to start a seperate thread on this stone, it'd be fun for all to discuss. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kallard|1442689552|3929571 said:
I do like that ring and the sapphire, but I like the double halo on the one that I have been looking at. Plus that one above what I can pay outright. If I were piecing the ring together, then I could have paid for part of it at a time, but not in one lump payment.

I am waiting for the JuliaB one's arrival. :love:

Yay! Oh, okay. I just kind of jumped in and didn't read :read: very closely.

Fingers crossed that it's the one! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Violet,
If AIGS deemed it a sapphire, I trust it to be as stated. The only iffy thing is the treatment. Given that it is stated as untreated, the worst case scenario is that it is heated and nothing else. Diffusion requires high temperature heating, so as long as it is low heat or unheated, diffusion is definitely out.

Best case scenario - untreated green sapphire.
Worst case scenario - low heat green sapphire.

S

SparkliesLuver

Any updates, kallard? :)

kallard

Rough_Rock
This is it! It looks more blue in some light, more green in others. I am having two bands made as well to wear on either side.

2015-09-23_15.jpg

2015-09-23_15_0.jpg

I really hate my hand in these photos!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kallard this looks great on you! I really like the colored halo, and the entire look in general. It fits your hand nicely as well. How do you feel about it now that you have seen it in person? Hope you love it! :wavey:

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Looks wonderful on you!!! Congrats! :love: I agree, the way the double halo is done looks really pretty.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It looks great on you- very pretty color and setting!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeper? It looks good on your hand.

kallard

Rough_Rock
Yes, I am keeping it and having a wedding and anniversary band made to go with it.

It is not exactly what I had envisioned, but I had to make a few sacrifices from my original plan for affordability. The sapphire is a pretty color, not too dark and not too light. I really like how sparkly it is and the blue diamond halo. It is a little smaller than I wanted, but still looks nice. I decided that piecing together a ring was going to put me over my budget - and we are trying to plan a 25th anniversary vacation for next summer.

The emerald cut Montana that we kept thinking about cost MORE than this ring (without the bands). I decided that I would go this direction. I also still really like my hold ring. In fact, one daughter said she liked the old ring better than this one. :o I think I will take it or send it to someone to find out about replacing the stone and fixing it up. I don't know if it is worth the trouble, but would like to find out. I can wear it on the next finger or other hand.

Anyone know who I could send it to?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! :clap:

That is a lot nicer than I thought it would be, good choice and congrats! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results