shape
carat
color
clarity

Which CAD would you prefer?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
ooohh That is going to be so lovely! I cannot wait to see the completed project. I bet you are getting very excited...

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again treenbean! Here are some pics that Caren sent me yesterday. She's sending out the ring today or tomorrow!

finished1.JPG

finished2.JPG

finished3.JPG

finished4.JPG

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
That is gorgeous-very jealous and I may have to copy this at some point!
:appl:

Can I ask approx how much Daniel charged for this setting? (Dont answer if that is an uncomfortable question)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they are quick, even through the holiday season! Congrats on your new ring and it’s so sleek; can’t wait to read of your review and pictures.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
MAC-W|1291126299|2782649 said:
That is gorgeous-very jealous and I may have to copy this at some point!
Me too!

I absolutely love how it turned out! It's stunning! Dan and Caren did a wonderful job! I hope you post lots of pictures when you get it. :bigsmile:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks MAC-W! Caren tried to explain their process of figuring out a price for the entire project, and it's a bit complicated. I think her words were "we use a formula for pricing (stone cost, metal cost, Dan's time cost) to figure out the sale price". Since I had them source all the materials, including the Aqua and diamond melee, I don't know how much just the setting cost. I can tell you that when I originally contacted Caren about my project idea, she guestimated that a 14k white gold plain halo setting would cost at least $500 for them to make it. But then I made so many changes, including changing from 14k white gold to platinum (which made the price jump up dramatically), that she just ended up recalculating the entire project - which I still think is very reasonable for a custom ring. I don't know if my attempt at explaining the price helped you or not, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you just sent them a message on Etsy asking how much they would charge you for that exact setting, but with your own stone and in your finger size and metal choice.

Thanks again chrono! They are super quick, even with the holidays and their first baby on the way! I think I got them started on the project just in time. Caren says they have a lot of holiday projects now, so they're super busy. I'll definitely post more pics once I get it, before Hubby forces me to wrap it up and put it under the Christmas tree!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again Burberrygirl! I would be honored to have you and MAC-W (or any other PS member) copy my ring! I'd love to see it with other colored stones!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, SandI, full disclosure: I didn't really care for the ring as it appeared in the CAD renderings, so I had no doubts that I would feel the same about the ring. Au contraire, that is one hecka beautiful ring. :love: I love the subtlety of the blue, I love its sleek elegance, and I would not be surprised if many similar rings started showing up around here...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That turned out great!

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo Beautiful :love: Congratulations on your new ring! Make sure you post lots of pics when you get it into your hands. Absolutely lovely... I am so happy for you. :D

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! It also looks modern, and I like angular design.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring. :appl:

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for being honest minousbijoux! I was a bit scared too when I saw how bulky the CADs looked, but Caren reminded me that the finished product would be way more delicate in real life (and I've also seen so many CADs compared to finished products here on PS to know that she was telling me the truth). I'm glad you like the finished product - I know it's a pretty big piece, so it's definitely not for everyone.

Thanks again jstarfireb! I definitely had fun throughout this project. It was my first (and I'm sure not going to be my last) project involving CADs, so I'm happy that it turned out nicely.

Thanks again Treenbean! You know I will definitely take as many pics as I can of the ring once I get it. Hubby's already declared that I have to wrap it up and stick it under the Christmas tree! He knows I'd be too tempted to start wearing it as soon as I got it otherwise. :naughty:

Thanks crasru! I think the angles on the outer halo are probably my favorite part of the design.

Thanks again Lovinggems! By the way, I absolutely love the color of your garnet in your avatar. :love: I'm thinking my next CS purchase will be a pink stone of some sort. I'll have to find a good excuse for more jewelry shopping though, after this Christmas project. Hmmm, maybe my birthday in March? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results