shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you all get those ring holder thingys?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
You know those "rings" that just hold the stone that I see in all the pictures? Where do they come from? :) I want one.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Barry included mine with the amethyst I got from him
1.gif

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm. . .I was wondering if they came from vendors. I had hopes that I might get one. But after purchases from Barry, Dan and Gary . . . no such luck. Dang it.
7.gif

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 11:53:50 AM
Author: hoofbeats95
Hmm. . .I was wondering if they came from vendors. I had hopes that I might get one. But after purchases from Barry, Dan and Gary . . . no such luck. Dang it.
7.gif

Oh no
7.gif
no fair...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
next time, just ask barry or the other guys if they can include one for you, Barry asked if I already had one, when I said no, he sent me one

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Do you ever worry that you''re going to scratch or damage your stone putting it into one of those things? I had received a couple and then gotten rid of them.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 1:28:01 PM
Author: Cind11
Do you ever worry that you''re going to scratch or damage your stone putting it into one of those things? I had received a couple and then gotten rid of them.
I got one from Barry and I used it once. I put my gemstone in it and when I released the pressure I was holding on it to keep it open, the stone must have turned and it went flying. I was so scared that I was going to damage my stone(s) so I never used it again. Maybe I just have terrible hand strength or bad coordination but I figured I lucked out once and wasn''t going to chance it again.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was gifted. A gentler version is the one with 4 very fine softish prongs radiating from a single “stick”. Of course, the best one is just to use a tweezer because that way, you can control the pressure applied on the gemstone yourself.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 1:28:01 PM
Author: Cind11
Yep!! I don''t use them. I believe Harriet said she chipped her red spinel with one of these.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I don''t use mine either. I got one from Berry, it is really soft and the stones do not stay straight. I have used some 6 prong ones at jewelry stores that work much better, but I don''t have one at home.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know Gene has no problems with those though. He thinks Harriet's case was a fluke accident because a spinel is generally tough enough to withstand the ring style holder. I also recall Barry using them quite often in his photographs.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink''s site sells them. But I''ve never bought/gotten one and have never used one. I worry about hurting my stones so it''s probably not for me...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results