shape
carat
color
clarity

What's the story behind your avatar?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sometimes wonder why people choose the avatars that they do; some are obvious and others are not.

I chose a rabbit for mine because we have three of them, dating from the days before we had kids. One of them looks like the bunny in this avatar.

Please share!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My current avatar is the logo on a baseball style cap that I bought at the Oshkosh airshow last summer. I was planning to use the entire cap for my avatar, but the Fly Girl logo was too small then. So, most of the cap has been cropped away. I love the reddish color, too. Kind of like a fine spinel. :cheeky:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just very fond of my tanzanite pendant! It's unheated and precision cut which makes it different, which makes me like it!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Largo is our Blue and Gold Macaw...thus Largo's Mom

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl said:
My current avatar is the logo on a baseball style cap that I bought at the Oshkosh airshow last summer. I was planning to use the entire cap for my avatar, but the Fly Girl logo was too small then. So, most of the cap has been cropped away. I love the reddish color, too. Kind of like a fine spinel. :cheeky:

I would never have figured that out. Our avatars are like our faces so it's interesting to know the significance behind them. Thanks!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MakingTheGrade said:
I'm just very fond of my tanzanite pendant! It's unheated and precision cut which makes it different, which makes me like it!

That was one of the easier ones to figure out, I remember you posting a picture of it at one point. Beautiful!

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
I find this still from "Eraserhead" very compelling... and often a reflection of my overall mood/demeanor.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I always have some type of berry pic, for obvious reasons, but this particular avatar was a photo I took while berry picking at a farm in Washington State. A handful of fresh off the vine strawberries is a delightful thing to me!

ETA: I got here through "recent topics" - I didn't realize it was on Colored Stones! I feel like I'm playing in a sandbox that isn't mine! Sorry!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my Bengal kittens! I tend to rotate avs between gems, and my two kittens. :)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nashville said:
I find this still from "Eraserhead" very compelling... and often a reflection of my overall mood/demeanor.

Good idea...

I've never seen the movie, so I could never figure it out... thanks for clarifying!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sillyberry, those strawberries look SO good!

Mine is just a rose I painted...I have to figure out how to make it less blurry...but I might change my avatar to a pic of my dog, he's cute!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
It's my dog Neena. It reminds of this picture

the%20great%20depression%202.gif

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor said:

Oh my gosh, I have two very little boys and this picture is heart-wrenching. But I can definitely see that emotion in your Neena.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
davi_el_mejor said:

Oh my gosh, I have two very little boys and this picture is heart-wrenching. But I can definitely see that emotion in your Neena.

It is a great picture, really captures the "times" of the Great Depression..

as for my picture, I think that's the day the treat bag went empty...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks in advance for everyone's replies... it's very enlightening :wavey:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor said:
baby nurse said:
davi_el_mejor said:

It is a great picture, really captures the "times" of the Great Depression..

as for my picture, I think that's the day the treat bag went empty...

:lol: (re the treat bag)

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar is one of my favorite roses, "Fragrant Cloud." The scent is unbelievable beautiful, but the colour is hard to classify. Officially it's an orange-red, but it has this odd bluish cast to it. "Aoife" is a variation on my nickname.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
B.E.G. said:
This is one of my Bengal kittens! I tend to rotate avs between gems, and my two kittens. :)

B.E.G your two cats are gorgeous, I have been reading your cat thread in Hangout, I was going for a ragdoll now I'm not so sure.

My avator is a Malaya garnet from Barry (ACSTONES), one of my first gem purchases.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sillyberry Those berries look delicious-- haven't eaten dinner yet and those look so yummy ;(

I hauled my 2 and 4 year old boys strawberry picking 7 or 8 times this year to pick berries. I made tons of jam.

B.E.G Your gemstones are gorgeous but the kitten avatar is so sweet!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was testing movie=making capacity of my camera. It was 11 pm, the kitten was fumbling in the box, and I also took some regular photos. The movie was not good, and the pics are dark, but she is such a pretty! I love the characters of my cats.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
My avatar is obvious - my wedding set. I worked hard on that ring so I'm very proud of it.

My screen name was made up long, long ago (some kind of weird cross between a lava lamp and a giant cup of tea like in the video for Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More"), and it's my alias on just about any website or forum that requires one. So if you run across a lavatea, yeah, it's probably me.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lavatea said:
My avatar is obvious - my wedding set. I worked hard on that ring so I'm very proud of it.

My screen name was made up long, long ago (some kind of weird cross between a lava lamp and a giant cup of tea like in the video for Tom Petty's "Don't Come Around Here No More"), and it's my alias on just about any website or forum that requires one. So if you run across a lavatea, yeah, it's probably me.

Your wedding set is lovely!

I don't know if I'm the only one who spends time wondering about the significance of peoples' avatars and screen names... I know it's a little odd but each time I saw yours I thought "Well, maybe she just really likes hot tea :confused: "

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:

I don't know if I'm the only one who spends time wondering about the significance of peoples' avatars and screen names... I know it's a little odd but each time I saw yours I thought "Well, maybe she just really likes hot tea :confused: "

Back when AIM was pretty new I had to think of a screen name. I was young (early teens) and had a lava lamp I really liked. So I was trying to incorporate that, and I'm pretty sure my dad was watching the Tom Petty video or something just then. Pretty silly, but I've stuck with it. :oops:

I've always wondered if you were an L&D or NICU nurse or something, so there's at least 2 of us that wonder about these things. ;-)

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife, thanks for the explanation. Love roses but we don't have any. My husband has a huge vegetable garden instead. Someday, sigh...

Lovingems I covet your malaya garnet :love: Every time I see it, I think "If only I could find one like it!" And if I recall correctly, it's huge as well :lickout:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lavatea said:
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:

Back when AIM was pretty new I had to think of a screen name. I was young (early teens) and had a lava lamp I really liked. So I was trying to incorporate that, and I'm pretty sure my dad was watching the Tom Petty video or something just then. Pretty silly, but I've stuck with it. :oops:

I've always wondered if you were an L&D or NICU nurse or something, so there's at least 2 of us that wonder about these things. ;-)

I have two little boys and I'm at home looking after them full-time. I stopped working after my second son, who is two, was born. My last job and the one I worked at the longest was on OB. Most of the time, I was assigned to the nursery, I was the baby nurse ;))

Once my youngest is in school full-time, I go back to work.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:

I have two little boys and I'm at home looking after them full-time. I stopped working after my second son, who is two, was born. My last job and the one I worked at the longest was on OB. Most of the time, I was assigned to the nursery, I was the baby nurse ;))

I'm in my last semester for my BSN hoping (and praying and crossing my fingers) to get an L&D job while my husband goes back to school. Hoping to stay home with the kids once he finishes then go back for my CNM once the kids are older.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lavatea said:
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:
baby nurse said:
lavatea said:

I'm in my last semester for my BSN hoping (and praying and crossing my fingers) to get an L&D job while my husband goes back to school. Hoping to stay home with the kids once he finishes then go back for my CNM once the kids are older.

Congrats on reaching your last semester :appl: Nursing school is tough but the variety of employment is wonderful. I hope you get that dream job.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not active on the colored stones subforum but I wanted to play anyway!

Mine is a pic of my niece at 2 years old (she's now 2.5 y/o) making "silly" faces for her papa, my brother. Her facial expression was just so cute and clear in that pic that I wanted to make it my avatar. She's the first baby of my immediate family and omg what a ham she is...

I've really enjoyed reading all of your avatar stories!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not active on the colored stones subforum but I wanted to play anyway!

Mine is a pic of my niece at 2 years old (she's now 2.5 y/o) making "silly" faces for her papa, my brother. Her facial expression was just so cute and clear in that pic that I wanted to make it my avatar. She's the first baby of my immediate family and omg what a ham she is...

I've really enjoyed reading all of your avatar stories!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results