shape
carat
color
clarity

What's a fair ballpark price for these CS rings?

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
Ring 1:
14K yellow gold.This ring contains two (2) pear cut emeralds accented with natural round cut diamonds.The total piece weight is 3.5 grams.

Ring 2:
2.52 carat oval yellow beryl center stone surrounded by a scalloped halo of .22 carat Champagne Diamonds. The ring is 10k yellow gold and stamped.

712517062_o.jpg

712516692_o.jpg

_19104.jpg

_19105.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PickieBee|1402588333|3691603 said:
Ring 1:
14K yellow gold.This ring contains two (2) pear cut emeralds accented with natural round cut diamonds.The total piece weight is 3.5 grams.

Ring 2:
2.52 carat oval yellow beryl center stone surrounded by a scalloped halo of .22 carat Champagne Diamonds. The ring is 10k yellow gold and stamped.

I wouldn't pay more than $300 for the first ring, in retail, it might go for $500.

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for the second ring, but again, in retail, it might go for $800. The yellow beryl isn't particularly expensive or rare, so you're probably paying mostly for the setting. I like the setting though, so I would pop out the center stone and put something else in there.

The emeralds in the first ring are not gem quality, very included, and not worth much either. Again you're paying mostly for the gold, and the diamonds.

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't pay more than $300 for the first ring, in retail, it might go for $500.

I wouldn't pay more than $500 for the second ring, but again, in retail, it might go for $800. The yellow beryl isn't particularly expensive or rare, so you're probably paying mostly for the setting. I like the setting though, so I would pop out the center stone and put something else in there.

The emeralds in the first ring are not gem quality, very included, and not worth much either. Again you're paying mostly for the gold, and the diamonds.

Thanks for replying!

You pretty much nailed asking price for the first one.

The second ring is priced less than the numbers you threw out...anyone want to give me a second (and third and fourth!) opinion before I pull the trigger? This would be my first CS purchase ever. I know yellow beryl is problematic for some people but I've liked the ones I've seen in person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
See if you can get the price of the beryl ring down to $300. Any bigger or better pictures of the champagne diamonds to see the clarity and workmanship of the setting?

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
quote="Chrono|1402596148|3691711"]See if you can get the price of the beryl ring down to $300. Any bigger or better pictures of the champagne diamonds to see the clarity and workmanship of the setting?[/quote]

It's an auction so that price is possible, although there are already plenty of watchers and bidders. I will ask for more pictures but I don't think the seller knows much about the diamonds.

I hope posting about it here doesn't alert the competition LOL!

I appreciate the input! (PS can be an intimidating place for someone inexperienced and with a modest budget!)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you can see it better but I just wanted to make sure the diamonds aren't too cloudy or spotty, that's all. $300 would be a great price. Good luck!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PickieBee|1402595973|3691706 said:

Thanks for replying!

You pretty much nailed asking price for the first one.

The second ring is priced less than the numbers you threw out...anyone want to give me a second (and third and fourth!) opinion before I pull the trigger? This would be my first CS purchase ever. I know yellow beryl is problematic for some people but I've liked the ones I've seen in person.

The yellow beryl could be irradiated and fade over time. BTW, I agree with Chrono that you should aim to get it for $300.

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
yellow beryl could be irradiated and fade over time.

Is the fading due to exposure to UV or more a function of time? Is most yellow beryl irradiated?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PickieBee|1402605905|3691868 said:
yellow beryl could be irradiated and fade over time.

Is the fading due to exposure to UV or more a function of time? Is most yellow beryl irradiated?

I think it fades even in dark spots, but don't quote me on that. I'm not sure how much heliodor is irradiated, but probably quite a bit. A lot of aqua is irradiated too these days (I'm seeing more and more fading aqua).

Thank you Pregcurious. :))

PickieBee

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I got the yellow beryl ring for $250! It is the perfect coverage for my finger and so sunny and cheerful, I just love it! I do think I will take your suggestion and eventually replace the beryl with a nicer stone, but for now it is definitely a keeper!

What do you think for a 10mmX8mm oval sunny yellow stone for this setting, maybe yellow zircon? Anyhow I will wear it with the yellow beryl until I find the right upgrade.

Thanks everyone for your input, you really gave me the confidence to go ahead with my very first CS purchase ever!

And of the bazillion vendors listed in the recommended CS vendors thread, is one more likely to have yellow zircon (or other yellow gems)?

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your first CS purchase! The ring looks very pretty, and I love your description of how happy it is. :appl:

Here are a few vendors who have had/do have yellows in stock, but unfortunately none are the exact size needed. Precision Gem has a few yellow stones including danburite and zircon, Gemart Services has a yellow zircon, and Jeff Davies has had a few yellow zircons posted as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PickieBee|1403128737|3696024 said:
Thanks! I got the yellow beryl ring for $250! It is the perfect coverage for my finger and so sunny and cheerful, I just love it! I do think I will take your suggestion and eventually replace the beryl with a nicer stone, but for now it is definitely a keeper!

What do you think for a 10mmX8mm oval sunny yellow stone for this setting, maybe yellow zircon? Anyhow I will wear it with the yellow beryl until I find the right upgrade.

Thanks everyone for your input, you really gave me the confidence to go ahead with my very first CS purchase ever!

And of the bazillion vendors listed in the recommended CS vendors thread, is one more likely to have yellow zircon (or other yellow gems)?

I'm jealous, I love that setting, especially for that price.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results