shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of this Tsavorite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
The color looks divine. What are the specs on it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The color is fab!!!! What is the weight on it??

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's a trio of them. They are eye-clean, but on the petite side -- 0.54ct or 5x5x3mm. I thought of buying 2 as polite earrings, but am wondering if I can do something creative with all 3.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm, what are polite earrings?? Like as opposed to rude earrings?? Just kidding!!!
3.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very nice color. Earrings would be nice or maybe a 3 stone ring with diamond accents.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 9:25:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Umm, what are polite earrings?? Like as opposed to rude earrings?? Just kidding!!!
3.gif
Haha. "Polite" as in "for work."

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 9:26:27 PM
Author: marcyc
Wow, very nice color. Earrings would be nice or maybe a 3 stone ring with diamond accents.
Hmm...please keep the ideas coming.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This pendant (actual vintage/antique) was sold a while back on one of the sites I browse... but I love the design of it. Would look lovely with emerald green stones.

pt2051-2.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i love the color. you could do a diamonds-by-the-yard style bracelet with them. i don't think there's nearly enough bracelets around here, and i know you were thinking bracelet before...these might be nifty in something like that in YG. or you could do something more whimsical and have them set to look like a clover and make a little enhancer/charm out of that.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ladies,
I implore you to keep the ideas coming.

enbcfsobe,
I''m intrigued by the bracelet idea. How would you design it?

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i'm picturing doing them in thin YG bezels, with the backs open, set equal lengths apart on a fairly thin YG rolo chain. instead of having the link connectors at 10 and 2, they would be at 3 and 9, so it all goes in a straight line. how far apart depends on how long the whole thing is -- probably about 1 inch? so they wouldn't go all the way around (unless you alternated with another type of stone), but would take up a good bit, even with only the 3.
sortof like this, but it wouldn't make it all the way 'round unless you add on as mentioned. i'll see if i can find a better example but this is definitely the idea...

ETA2: the tiffany site killed my citrix session (i'm multitasking with jewelry and lawyerly stuff). grrrr.... (smashing imaginary blue boxes)
emotion-39.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 9:25:31 PM
Author: Kaleigh
3.gif
hehehehe
2.gif
9.gif

Pretty Harriet.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
well, i like the dby bracelet but you would need 4 more to make it full as pictured. or you could go diamond, tsavorite diamond etc.. there is the tandem style necklace from whiteflash it you want to go pendant. the etoile (sp?) style band using diamonds with the tsavorites. if you do the earrings you could have the third stone embedded on a round locket. i am not sure if the description is accurate but i have seen many lockets with a stone or stones on the front.

are you setting in yg, wg or pt?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 11:20:20 PM
Author: enbcfsobe
i'm picturing doing them in thin YG bezels, with the backs open, set equal lengths apart on a fairly thin YG rolo chain. instead of having the link connectors at 10 and 2, they would be at 3 and 9, so it all goes in a straight line. how far apart depends on how long the whole thing is -- probably about 1 inch? so they wouldn't go all the way around (unless you alternated another type of stone), but would take up a good bit, even with only the 3.
sortof like this, but it wouldn't make it all the way 'round unless you add on as mentioned. i'll see if i can find a better example but this is definitely the idea...

ETA2: the tiffany site killed my citrix session (i'm multitasking with jewelry and lawyerly stuff). grrrr.... (smashing imaginary blue boxes)
emotion-39.gif
I like the idea, but would have to find more stones of the same size. I do have a pair of blue sapphires. Would that work?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 11:49:52 PM
Author: crown1
well, i like the dby bracelet but you would need 4 more to make it full as pictured. or you could go diamond, tsavorite diamond etc.. there is the tandem style necklace from whiteflash it you want to go pendant. the etoile (sp?) style band using diamonds with the tsavorites. if you do the earrings you could have the third stone embedded on a round locket. i am not sure if the description is accurate but i have seen many lockets with a stone or stones on the front.

are you setting in yg, wg or pt?
Thanks for coming over and giving me more to chew on. I''m thinking of wg.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty - I''m looking for a couple like that to make stud earrings. I am after a pair of diamond jackets for them.
18.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice colour and cut. 2 would make great studs, 3 would be for a 3 stone ring. Maybe a tri-stone pendant in a triangular pattern?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 7:11:22 AM
Author: Pandora II
Very pretty - I''m looking for a couple like that to make stud earrings. I am after a pair of diamond jackets for them.
18.gif
Ooh, what weight are you looking for? They''ll be gorgeous with your e-ring.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 7:59:26 AM
Author: Chrono
Very nice colour and cut. 2 would make great studs, 3 would be for a 3 stone ring. Maybe a tri-stone pendant in a triangular pattern?
Thanks for the design idea. I''m concered that they are too small for studs. What do you think of this one?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harriet, 5x5 isn't too small for studs, especially since they are "polite" earrings unless you have really large earlobes. They are a "polite" size. You can always dress them up with a diamond melee halo.

The pear posted doesn't have the "zing" of the rounds.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 8:41:07 AM
Author: Chrono
Harriet, 5x5 isn''t too small for studs, especially since they are ''polite'' earrings unless you have really large earlobes. They are a ''polite'' size. You can always dress them up with a diamond melee halo.

The pear posted doesn''t have the ''zing'' of the rounds.

i agree with this completely! it will be much more versatile doing as chrono suggests. and if tsavorite melee is available that is also an option.
i am thinking that small pearls would also make a nice halo. i would have the halo in the form of jackets.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d love a pair of jackets, but my diamond studs are bigger than these.
33.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking 5mm would be nice - but in the interest of not hitting my head against a wall I''m going to buy the jackets first!

I got in touch recently with Campbell Bridges - who discovered Tsavorite and hopefully might be able to get some good stones (or good rough if I don''t like their cut) direct from the mine.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 1:00:22 AM
Author: Harriet

Date: 7/19/2007 11:48:26 PM
Author: Skippy123
hehehehe
2.gif
9.gif

Pretty Harriet.
Me? Thanks!
9.gif
of course you too! I saw the pic of you and FI, I just wished your eyes weren''t closed; oh well at least I got a sneak peek.
2.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *gasp* like the round better. Don''t tell any pears I know, including my ering. Okay?

Seriously, the cut on that round is beautiful.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:08:29 AM
Author: Pandora II
I''m thinking 5mm would be nice - but in the interest of not hitting my head against a wall I''m going to buy the jackets first!

I got in touch recently with Campbell Bridges - who discovered Tsavorite and hopefully might be able to get some good stones (or good rough if I don''t like their cut) direct from the mine.
How exciting about Campbell Bridges. Do keep us posted.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 11:39:55 AM
Author: Skippy123
of course you too! I saw the pic of you and FI, I just wished your eyes weren''t closed; oh well at least I got a sneak peek.
2.gif
Thank you.
21.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 2:26:39 PM
Author: FireGoddess
I *gasp* like the round better. Don''t tell any pears I know, including my ering. Okay?

Seriously, the cut on that round is beautiful.
My lips are sealed.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results