shape
carat
color
clarity

What color stone goes best with paraiba?

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
"Best" is subjective. But since you have cabochons I would suggest pairing them with a flashy Ethiopian Opal or white bodied Australian Opal. I had some stackers made a while back and the results were pretty decent. My wife loves them and wears them all the time, as a result the Tourmalines are starting to show some abrasion.

dsc_0091.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
GregS. I love the stackers you made. I included them (and the link to your PS post) in my posting of inspiration pics above. Glad your wife is enjoying them so much. They look fabulous on her. Are the opals in the stack Ethiopians? Are the other cabs all Paraiba or a mix of copper bearing and regular Tourm. Love the white bands wth rose gold bezels

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Sungura|1444487689|3936930 said:
GregS. I love the stackers you made. I included them (and the link to your PS post) in my posting of inspiration pics above. Glad your wife is enjoying them so much. They look fabulous on her. Are the opals in the stack Ethiopians? Are the other cabs all Paraiba or a mix of copper bearing and regular Tourm. Love the white bands wth rose gold bezels
The Opals are Australian. The Tourmalines are bright. Not neon like Paraiba, they may be Cuprian. They have never been tested so I don't know if they are copper bearing or not.

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Who is Yvonne? I love the pear and two round spinel. I would add long baguettes on the end of the spinel to sort of wrap around on the sides. Gorgeous!

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Yvonne Raley. Check out her etsy store. She recently had rhodolite garnets (which I bought) as another possible option. Please let me know what you think. The picture is attached. Sorry I dropped out of sight for a bit. My mom had surgery and is doing well but is keeping me busy. Sunburn, I laughed out loud at your suggestion to wait a bit and see what comes up. My husband always says I have absolutely no concept of delayed gratification! I might need to develop that skill!

_34870.jpg

lilysweet

Shiny_Rock
Hi all, quick update: I am having Yvonne make the tanzanite/paraiba earrings from the earlier picture in this thread. I will post pics when they are done? :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lilysweet|1445363688|3940286 said:
Hi all, quick update: I am having Yvonne make the tanzanite/paraiba earrings from the earlier picture in this thread. I will post pics when they are done? :appl:

Ooh, great color combo and can't wait to see them!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous colour combination. Thank you for the update.
Looking forward to see the outcome.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Those earrings are going to be spectacular! Looking forward to seeing them.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh,that combo is going to turn out so beautiful! Congrats on your decision and can't wait to see the finished earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results