shape
carat
color
clarity

What a pretty day! New sapphire ring and Asscher morganite in the house!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s actually raining, but who cares, because my sapphire ring arrive this morning! And I got home to a nice surprise - my Jeff White morganite, which I wasn''t expecting until later this week. Needless to say, both have way surpassed my expectations. My pictures are terrible - and it''s rainy - but this is the best I have until the sun comes back out and I can do some REAL photos
2.gif

Enjoy!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sapphire ring- 1.21 ct. cushion, JA shared prong setting

Pretty Things - 07a.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Oops let''s try that again.

Pretty Things - 07b.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things - 08.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things - 09.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things - 10.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things - 14.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things - 16.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Morganite, Asscher cut, 4.33 ct

Pretty Things - 06.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Pretty Things - 05.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEG, both are just spectacular! I can''t wait until the sun comes out for you!!!!

Congratulations!!!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I am officially the green eyed girl now! I REALLY wanted that Morganite but missed out due to time difference. Lucky lucky you. It looks absolutely stunning. What are you going to do with it?

(Oh yes and the Sapphires cool too!)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 7:04:36 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
BEG, both are just spectacular! I can''t wait until the sun comes out for you!!!!

Congratulations!!!!
Ditto that! They are both fabulous!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful sapphire and morganite!!!! They both are to die for
30.gif

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, they''re both gorgeous. That sapphire is amazing. It took me a minute to figure out that it''s the same as the one in your avatar (it is, right?) because there are so many shades in it.

30.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
The ring turned out beautifully! Do you think you'd be able to post a straight on profile view of the setting? I really like that setting a lot and am really interested to see how it looks in real life from all angles. Also, do you find the setting comfortable to wear?

The morganite is just so pretty! I love that soft pink color! How do you plan to set that stone?

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
your ring is gorgeous!! i really love it!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lauren - Thanks! I hope the sun comes out too! My new project is now finding a stone for my new (and first) LOGR setting
1.gif

LovingDiamonds - I''m sorry you didn''t get the morganite! I wish there were two, although knowing Jeff, I have no doubt there will be a lot more stunning Asschers in the future. I think I want it set into a ring but I don''t know what kind of setting yet - I just started a new thread, so maybe you can advise me on what to do!

Dani and Linda - Thank you! I can''t believe both arrived on the same day - what a great surprise!

Pjean - Thanks! I was surprised too about the different colors I was seeing, depending on the light. Richard is amazing - I love the concave faceting! (oops yes, same one as the avatar)

Kelli - Thank you! And nothing to be jealous about - I''ve seen your own gorgeous gems!
1.gif

Princess - Hey! Haven''t seen you around in awhile - thanks! What''s new with you?

Laurel - Thanks! The pink color is definitely more visible in person than in the pictures, and it''s so lovely. Jeff definitely didn''t lead me astray - I''m so impressed with him (and the stone1). I think it''ll be a ring, but not sure what setting - mosey over to my new thread and help me decide!
1.gif

Vita - thank you! All in all, i''m super happy with how it came out
1.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!! What a cool looking sapphire! That morganite is DEVINE! You are making me want an asscher gemstone! Now the fun begins with finding a setting for it. What about a setting like LaurenthePartiers halo setting from that Ebay seller, Lord_of_gems?? not sure if that is the exact name..... but one of my friends told me that they can actually customize anyone of thier settings to fit your stone and the quality/clarity of the diamonds as well.
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous. I love the color and your ring is great.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
CushionCutNut, thanks! I adore Jeff''s asschers - I wanted one after I saw Monkey Pie''s and it is worth every dollar - the light and the facets really make me want an asscher now as an ering
3.gif
I won''t do the LOGR-esque halo for this one because it''s big, and I don''t want a halo to make it even bigger - and also because I''ve already bought a LOGR halo and am looking for a different stone to put in it!
9.gif
Gemstones are addictive...

And also, thank you to Violet, LBug, and Marcy. I almost had a heart attack when the manicurist told me not to take off my rings (it was a cheapie mani/pedi in K-Town in NY) and lotion came thisclose to it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results