shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Does it again: 5 ct Spess Reset

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This project has been 3 months in the making due to tweaking needed in the CADs. Once it was finalized, it took less than 2 weeks for the ring to be completed. To be honest, when I first saw the pictures, I admit my heart sank with extreme disappointment. The setting looked bulky, thick and there was no fluidity at all. I was depressed enough to consider not picking up the ring at all, but decided it wasn’t fair to everyone (myself included), especially since WF worked on at least 3 revisions of the design.

I am happy to report that all the negative thoughts flew out of my mind as soon as I opened the box and laid eyes on the ring. The setting is every bit as elegant, delicate and fluid as I’d originally envisioned, not to mention, the usual impeccable workmanship and super sparkly ACAs. I love this ring as much as the Mahenge setting WF did for me earlier. I am sure the photography department tried their best but unfortunately, they could not capture that same look and feeling this time. It really gave me a scare but I’m so happy that it came to naught.

WFChonoSpess1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The profile showing the wave halo gallery.

WFChonoSpess4A.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A top view showing the split shank.

WFChronoSpess5.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, Chrono! I''ve been waiting to see this!!!!! I''m sorry to interrupt pictures!

It looks absolutely stunning, and I do hope we get to see the coveted hand shots! I absolutely love the swoop in the gallery!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don’t worry about it, Lauren, because I’m still resizing and renaming my pictures. Thank you for the compliment. And yes, there will be close-ups and hand shots coming up later today.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow .. this was blazing fast! It feels like just yesterday when the CADs were being tweaked.

Hand shots hand shots!!!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, when your photos hit my inbox, I was literally SQUEALING in excitement. What a great piece!

I know exactly what you mean about the photos; it''s one of the most disappointing limitations of photographs. There''s just no way for a 2-dimensional medium (especially in high-power mag/macro) to adequately reproduce the beauty and delicacy that you see in person. I''m dying to see the handshots, because it displays in more true-to-life scale that at least helps to better visualize the in-person look.

LOVE it! Wear in good health!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Zowie!
or to put it another way, if there were a Platonic Ideal for what a contemporary ring should be, it would be this one. I am, as always, awed by your finds and your choices.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
I''m so happy you decided to reset this magnificent stone. It really deserved a setting worthy of it. Beautiful design and reset!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is a BEAUTIFUL color! Congrats
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy, Allison, VapidLapid, TL and Chic,
You sure know how to make my day. Thanks. I promise hand shots are coming up soon but don’t get your hopes up too high about the picture quality. My hands shake like a centennial aged person. More than half the pictures I took were useless because of blurriness. Here’s a good example.

Chronosparklyspess.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I rushed over here as soon as I saw the thread in SMTB.

Chrono, congratulation!! This ring is beautiful!! I love that it is sleek and elegant while still being unique and distinctive! You and WF work well together!!

What size are the melee? I hope we get to see handshots!

I''m so sorry the glamour shots frightened you. Pictures can be deceiving at times, and after all the energy and waiting (let alone the $$) that goes into a piece, when you see a concrete representation that is not aligned with what your heart and mind saw, it is crushing. I''m glad it all came out well in the end.

I can see Whiteflash being asked to recreated this mounting in different scales in the future. How would you feel about that?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
It''s just stunning, Chrono - LOVE the wavy basket! I don''t remember this stone of yours - can you give any details and dimensions?

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Chrono,

Beautiful ring and design work. Glad you''re happy with it. Wear it in good health.

Annette

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brandy, Uppy, Cellantani and Smitcompton,
Thank you. I’m glad nobody thinks my picture is that horrible. I should have hand shots up tomorrow.

Uppy,
It felt like forever before I found the right design for the setting. I think it was suggested to me by a friend, if my memory serves me correctly. I’m not 100% sure but the largest melee is a 2 pointer while the smallest is probably a 1 pointer? ½ pointer? I’ll have to ask WF about this. You understand my feelings perfectly; it was a lot of time and collaboration with WF and the CAD looked great, so to see the glamour shots showing a bulky ring was a heartbreaker. I am so thankful that magnified pictures can be so deceiving. I would have no problems whatsoever if WF recreates this for another customer. After all, as they say, imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Cellentani,
This is an older stone; it’s a Jeff White custom cut spessartite. He purchased the Loliondo rough at the Tucson show in 2004. I’m not sure of the exact year but I think it was in 2004. It measures 9.6 x 9.6 mm and is 5.02 ct to be precise.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

You can improvise a tripod by nesting the camera into a bag of dry beans or rice, or anything similar you may have around the house. If the camera has a self-timer, you can use that in connection with the "tripod" to get a perfectly still shot.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
elegant setting that highlights the color stone and uses diamonds merely as decorative on the shank and in the bezel.....which ends up enhancing the spess by not getting in its way. well done!

mz

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, Chrono, that is a beauty!
30.gif
30.gif
Wear it in good health and I can't wait to see hand shots!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful and definetly looks more delicate in your photos. Please do send hand shots! It is a gorgeous ring.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the swoop - very elegant. I can fully understand what you meant when you saw the photos in the top post - they look "heavy" for want of a better word but your shot of the ring looks a lot better and you can see the delicateness (is that a word?)!

I''d love to see a handshot also when you have the time. Do you see the swoopie bit when it''s on?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting.
36.gif

-A

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I love the color!! The setting is perfect for that size of stone!

Glad you are happy with it!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely Chrono!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
oh my goodness Chrono! the ring is magnificant!!!! I love the wave design basket just gorgeous!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
It is BEYOND stunning, Chrono!

I love the wave halo! So subtle, but distinctive!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results