shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, that's one way to handle a huge window...

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Indigoblue's comment got me thinking. Why not just drill a hole in it like a doughnought, facet all of the surface like a cross between a briolette and on of those jade ring forms. Just don't make it a jelly doughnought

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha. Reminds me of the scolding I got from a vendor for returning a pancake Mahenge spinel. I guess I never saw the potential such as making a ring like this. lol

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the Kiss of the Rose diamond, 4.15 carat rose cut diamond with a 0.8 ct pink FCD embedded into it, supposedly worth $500K.

kiss_of_rose.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The very expensive Paraiba tourmaline with a hole aka torus cut. I used to have a larger and full picture showing at least 5 or 6 Paraibas together but cannot seem to find it anymore.

glennlehrertoruscutparaibatourmaline.jpg

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I knew you guys would get as much of a kick out of it as I did. A friend liked it on FB and the sad part were the comments on the seller's page were all "oooohs" and "aaaahhhs" and then I read the description and marketing mumbo jumbo about the ring. I really had to hold back posting negatively on the thread.
Anyway, if I'm out that way for any reason, I'll stop in and take a look and try and get a pic. I'm dying to know how much it is!

aaronl

Rough_Rock
Edward Bristol|1387186035|3575132 said:
So many stone with ugly windows around. Why not prep them up?

Perhaps with less expensive coloured stones? That could open a wide range of new designs.
Perhaps an "Eye of Sauron" line of pendants for Lord of the Rings fans? Or an "Eye of Providence" (the pyramid with the eye on top of it, as see on the back of a dollar bill) line of diamond-encrusted bling, to go along with the ever-popular dollar signs?
PaulaW|1387307636|3576261 said:
I'm dying to know how much it is!
If you make an inquiry about price, have you thought about putting it to music? "How much is that diamond in the window, I do hope that diamond's for sale...."

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1387286368|3576008 said:
The very expensive Paraiba tourmaline with a hole aka torus cut. I used to have a larger and full picture showing at least 5 or 6 Paraibas together but cannot seem to find it anymore.

they look like Lifesavers®

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1387315637|3576332 said:
They look like Lifesavers®

Very colourful Lifesavers® that can break/chip your teeth! :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1387285906|3576004 said:
Here is the Kiss of the Rose diamond, 4.15 carat rose cut diamond with a 0.8 ct pink FCD embedded into it, supposedly worth $500K.

It is really "in" the diamond, or just set below the diamond?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am relieved to double check and verify that the pink FCD is NOT embedded into the rose cut pear, but set underneath it. Phew! :oops: It makes sense not to devalue an 4 ct diamond by cutting a hole into it. Peering closely at the picture, I spot prongs holding the pink FCD.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1387472745|3577536 said:
I am relieved to double check and verify that the pink FCD is NOT embedded into the rose cut pear, but set underneath it. Phew! :oops: It makes sense not to devalue an 4 ct diamond by cutting a hole into it. Peering closely at the picture, I spot prongs holding the pink FCD.

Ah, I see, so the rose cut diamond acts as a "magnifier" for the pink diamond. Interesting, thanks. If it's worth 500K, I bet 70% of the value is the .8 ct fancy pink (it looks rather intense/vivid in color). The designer probably charges a hefty fee too.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
The idea of that paraiba lifesaver sends shivers down my spine in a bad way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results