carat
color
clarity

Violet Emerald Spinel Ring

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1368388440|3445623 said:
WOW!!! Freke!!! that's incredible - firstly - your GORGEOUS new violet spinel ring - and I ADORE the work of DanielM!!! And secondly --- your collection! HOLY COW, I'd love to come and play next time daddy takes baby girl out to play!! :D

You have a great sense of what works best, when you are putting stones and settings together. I really love how a simple setting lets your gemstones stand out. And this violet spinel is gorgoeus!! I love the silver undertones and how it just has such a personality to it--- ENJOY!!!

This!

and this!

Rainbird

Rough_Rock
My jaw just hit the ground. :love: It's hard to pick a favorite because they're all beautiful.

I love your new violet spinel and how it shifts color. Can I borrow it? :lol: I agree too with Enerchi that the simple classic setting really highlights the stone. I wouldn't have thought that this shape would sit well with another band, but it works perfectly. You must be over the moon, I would be.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow you are able to get just the right stone that matches the other two violetish spinels. How do you do that? The cut is also good enough to bring out interesting flashes. I can see why you are enamoured with this one. The tanzanite from Gene is amazing too. The brilliancy is so great that all I see is the bright flashes.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that setting. I'm a big fan of those prongs.

The pic under the neon lights in the theater makes my tummy flutter! It's a beautiful spinel.

I can't wait to see what you do with your tanzie.

Sakag

Rough_Rock
:love: Swoon :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1368387251|3445606 said:
You have a stunning ring collection! Wow!
Thanks! It's taken 5+ years to build it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1368388440|3445623 said:
WOW!!! Freke!!! that's incredible - firstly - your GORGEOUS new violet spinel ring - and I ADORE the work of DanielM!!! And secondly --- your collection! HOLY COW, I'd love to come and play next time daddy takes baby girl out to play!! :D

You have a great sense of what works best, when you are putting stones and settings together. I really love how a simple setting lets your gemstones stand out. And this violet spinel is gorgoeus!! I love the silver undertones and how it just has such a personality to it--- ENJOY!!!
Thanks Enerchi! You're welcome to play any time!

I wonder sometimes if I should venture out into new territory and try out some more detailed stuff...Maybe someday!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL....Thanks Minou!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rainbird|1368424569|3445836 said:
My jaw just hit the ground. :love: It's hard to pick a favorite because they're all beautiful.

I love your new violet spinel and how it shifts color. Can I borrow it? :lol: I agree too with Enerchi that the simple classic setting really highlights the stone. I wouldn't have thought that this shape would sit well with another band, but it works perfectly. You must be over the moon, I would be.
Thanks Rainbird! I particularly like this setting of Daniel M's because everything sits flush with it. I don't think I'd ever seen it with an emerald before, so this was kind of exciting to see - I love the way it curves around the stone, and it really came out better than I expected!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368443473|3445873 said:
Somehow you are able to get just the right stone that matches the other two violetish spinels. How do you do that? The cut is also good enough to bring out interesting flashes. I can see why you are enamoured with this one. The tanzanite from Gene is amazing too. The brilliancy is so great that all I see is the bright flashes.
I have no idea. :naughty: Seriously. I don't TRY to buy matching stones, I just manage to do it, I guess!

I really should do an actual photo shoot with the tanz. I have a few more pictures of it with other stones (comparison shots) but nothing besides about 5 shots, just of it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
iluvshinythings|1368462809|3446056 said:
I love that setting. I'm a big fan of those prongs.

The pic under the neon lights in the theater makes my tummy flutter! It's a beautiful spinel.

I can't wait to see what you do with your tanzie.
Did you happen to find the youtube video? It's pretty awesome. It's only 12 seconds or so, but...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sakag|1368498977|3446417 said:
Glad you feel the same way I do!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
You know I adore your collection and it has only gotten better! I can't wait til I can start looking for pretty gemmies again.

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll post some comparison photos I took with some other stones.

tanz.jpg

tanz2.jpg

tanz3.jpg

tanz4.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's the large cushion. :cheeky:

tanz5.jpg

tanz6.jpg

tanz7.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You sure have a LOT of unset gems... :naughty: Strange that I would have guessed the tanzanite is a spinel. It looks like one in almost all your pictures.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1368533514|3446571 said:
You sure have a LOT of unset gems... :naughty: Strange that I would have guessed the tanzanite is a spinel. It looks like one in almost all your pictures.

I know! It looks like it wants to join the family. Freke has such a finely developed eye for "that color" :))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Freke --- your nails are PERFECT!! I love that colour - what is it? It looks like one I have called "STORM" from Revlon. Its the perfect polish colour for your violet stones!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a gem collection you have.
I LOVE your violet ones, especially the emerald cut. :cheeky:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Love that emerald cut ring! It's so elegant.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1368568806|3446980 said:
Freke --- your nails are PERFECT!! I love that colour - what is it? It looks like one I have called "STORM" from Revlon. Its the perfect polish colour for your violet stones!
It's "Chinchilly" from Essie. It's my favorite "neutral" at the moment. I had kind of overdone it with the jewel tones for a while there!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1368533514|3446571 said:
Lol. I have a lot less than I used to! I don't really know how tanz is supposed to perform, since it seems like I usually see it in dark blue/violet and they just look totally different in the lighter shades!

The top stone was a sapphire I was babysitting for a friend for a bit, the next two are Barry cushion spinels, the Gene tanz and then my Supernova spinel. I have a spinel problem. Lol.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the lovely compliments! I love this stone and I'm obsessed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results