shape
carat
color
clarity

video - Chartreuse Chrysoberyl and Sapphire Halo!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Wink sent me this video of my purple sapphire halo before it goes to the bench to have the center diamond replaced with the chartreuse chrysoberyl (from Richard Homer).
http://www.screencast.com/t/Lmkvwv3vKXXS

The color is still not true-to-life in the video, but it's fairly close. The chrysoberyl's color changes so much depending on the lighting.
Thanks for all your suggestions on this project! This will be so much fun to wear...it looks like "spring colors" to me and right now we're in the middle of a deep freeze!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like the chrysoberyl is a good fit for the setting.

pixies

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! The contrast really makes the chrysoberyl pop!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apart from feeling slightly sea sick because of the wobbliness of the video, I'm feeling much love for your forthcoming project!

I can't wait to see the result. I'm not normally one for multi coloured rings but I think I may be making an exception in your ring!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, you've chosen really, really well. I also am one that doesn't typically like multi colored stone rings, but that will be stunning.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a fantastic colour combo! It really does scream spring - so bright and *fun* :bigsmile:

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Vapid Lapid and LovingGems!

TL -- thank you; your beautiful ring and photos were an inspiration to me.

Thanks, Chrono -- yes, it's the perfect mm size for the setting.

Thank you, pixies -- I like the contrast, too. The purple spinel I looked at looks great, too, but I fell in love with the high contrast of the yellow-green and purple colors.

LD -- ha-ha, yes, I was a bit sea sick, too. But that didn't stop me from hitting "replay" several times -- lol. I don't think I would have chosen this "zippy" color combination without being able to compare it to the purple spinel (Richard was kind enough to send me both stones). I just kept coming back to the chartreuse -- it really drew me "in" if that makes sense.

minousbijoux, jewelfreak, and yssie -- thanks so much. It is an Easter ring! I wear a lot of black, grey, white, ivory clothes -- I know, kind of a boring wardrobe -- so this ring will pop.

This is my first serious colored stone purchase, and I have to say I can see why CS are so addicting -- there is a seemingly endless variety of colors and color combinations. And the stones have a mysterious quality that diamonds just don't have. Spending time on this forum could be hazardous to my budget :o

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lula,
In saying it’s a perfect fit, I meant more than just the mm size but how the colour fits as well.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1295530845|2827526 said:
Lula,
In saying it’s a perfect fit, I meant more than just the mm size but how the colour fits as well.

LOL -- not enough coffee on my part, Chrono -- I was going with a literal interpretation of "fit." Anyway, thank you so much. I really respect your opinion, so I'm thrilled that you like my choice!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very welcome, Lula. I know it’s early yet here where I am, and also sometimes it is difficult to interpret what a poster means since there is no tone or inflection conveyed by words alone.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lula, that is going to be a fabulous piece! The colour is just perfect for the lavender halo!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone looks even better in your video! And I like Wink's setting! I think it will be one gorgeous ring.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait to see it finished! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results