shape
carat
color
clarity

unsure what I do next

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won a small princess-cut chrysoberyl from Tan. It was a cheapo and I bought it to match another one, of a better color but the same cut and size.
The first one was sent out by Thailand Post on August 18th. I have not yet received it. I tried the tracking number, there are several websites for Thailand post but only one could find it. The message indicated that it had reached NYC Kennedy airport on August 21st (very strange. In three days?). After this, the track is lost. I asked Tan's service to help me find it but so far they have not answered. Which is not surprizing given the fact that it was about 10.00 and they are probably overworked. Since that time, I bought much more expensive things from him and, honestly, I feel worse about the shipping cost than anything else.
Some of you might have been in the same situation. Do you know who is US partner of Thailand Post? Obviously since it has arrived to the US I have to deal with our post now.
The reason I really need to track it down has to do with the fact that while we were away, someone else was picking my mail. i feel bad at suspecting anyone, I'd rather know it was lost in transit.

Lee Little

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thailand post partners with the US Post as far as I know.
I do not think he can track it once it reaches the US.
Was this sent by Express Mail Service or just regular airmail? EMS has much better tracking and may be able to track all the way to your door.
If it was by registered air, which is just barely a notch above regular air, he can send a letter thru the post office to the states after one month requesting info.
Regular air often takes 1-3 weeks, up to 3 months! But the 3 months was only once. Usually about 2 weeks. EMS can be 3-10 days. Envelopes are faster than boxes. Best regards, Lee

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're not the only one in this boat. I'm waiting for something from AJS and its also stuck at the kennedy airport.

Other things I've purchased after have made it through no problem...including a few meds I tend to buy overseas because of cost savings (insurance won't cover them, but thats another story for another thread!)

If you have a tracking number, you should be able to track stuff once it passes customs on the USPS website.

-A

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results