shape
carat
color
clarity

unsure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!! I have been obsessing about rings, and not in a good way. There are at least 3 different, and equally appealing, options. I look at semi mounts, and even though I can return them if I don''t like them...I just don''t know. One of the ps-ers has a signature that says "Doubt means don''t"...I keep hearing that in my head.

I have found a lovely ring for a mere $155....nothing in the world of rings...and I can''t seem to pull the trigger. I keep hearing the song from guys and dolls, "I''ll know when my love comes alomg..." Really there are just too many voices in my head.

Thanks for listening!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 7:31:24 PM
Author:bookworm240
OMG!!! I have been obsessing about rings, and not in a good way. There are at least 3 different, and equally appealing, options. I look at semi mounts, and even though I can return them if I don''t like them...I just don''t know. One of the ps-ers has a signature that says ''Doubt means don''t''...I keep hearing that in my head.

I have found a lovely ring for a mere $155....nothing in the world of rings...and I can''t seem to pull the trigger. I keep hearing the song from guys and dolls, ''I''ll know when my love comes alomg...'' Really there are just too many voices in my head.

Thanks for listening!!
You''re welcome. If it would be a waste of money, then not spending it is a good thing. But, sometimes, good enough is good enough and it is a waste of time looking for perfection. On the other hand, the hunt is sometimes the fun here...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmmm if for a rhr project, you can always find gems to put in it, and I would buy it, if its an ering project, and you don''t know, then I''d wait but thats just me, otherwise you just keep trying and trying and wasting more money. but on the bright side, you get many RHRs
9.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.....I''ve done that so many times!!! What I''ve done mostly is buy the gemstones and not set them. They look so pretty in their little boxes.

As for settings.....can you sleep on it? Pick one or two and imagine them on your finger...think about one at a time. You can always go for another one. Do you have photoshop? It might be fun to insert different gemstones into the settings to give you an idea of what you might like. That might curb your cravings, too. I find that looking at photos sometimes calms my cravings without having to buy everything.
21.gif

Lori

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A deal isn''t really a deal unless it''s exactly what you are looking for. Be patient and wait until you find what you like. $155 may not seem like much but it is $155 that could go towards the setting you''ve got to have when you see it.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Goodness, this is perfect for our famous psycho thread - people wrote some really weird things there, but voices in one''s head is something new for me (at least when it comes to jeweller)
9.gif

On the serious side, visit some jeweller nearby and try things on, just to see what you''re drawn to and what looks right on your hand.

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Thanks every one...good advice. I hope you all take my insurance for the payment of this therapy session.

The new ring will be an alternative to my wedding set. I do not usually wear a rhr, so I want something that I can switch out. One day I will post a thread that I made a choice and we can all do a happy dance!!!
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it''s an alternative to your wedding set then WAIT. You will find the right setting. It just make take time. Go out and try on rings to pass the time.

HTH

ColorKat

Rough_Rock
32.gif
Wait, don''t be impulsive because you will be sorry later. You will know when the right one comes along. Ha Ha... sounds funny. But really, do not make an impulsive buy. Good luck!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2009 7:10:05 AM
Author: bookworm240
Thanks every one...good advice. I hope you all take my insurance for the payment of this therapy session.

The new ring will be an alternative to my wedding set. I do not usually wear a rhr, so I want something that I can switch out. One day I will post a thread that I made a choice and we can all do a happy dance!!!
9.gif
ahhh, alternative to the wedding set... jmho... i''d wait, like Chrono said that $155 could go towards a setting that you really want later.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would definitely wait until you have found a ring that you love, especially it is is going to be an alternative to your wedding set. Aftering being on PS for so long I have mentally logged so many rings that I like that I can''t decide which one I want first, if only I had the money right now!

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Am going to take some deep breathes!

Craving you hit it on the head...what I want I can''t afford right now. DH said the budget would increase greatly next year and in 2010 I am turning 40, so if I had any sense or ability to wait......I would be someone other than who I am!!

Am going to make a play date at some gem stores,,,I did buy a stacking ring to tide me over. I can wear it one, two, or three rings at a time. I will post pictures when available.

Not everyone understands that when you see a ring that you love, it actually hurts to know it is not yours. Maybe I need to start a jewels annon. Anyone want to come to the meeting???

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am the queen of buying things I just kind of like then return them or sell them so I can buy something else. I have finally learned if it''s just okay I should save my money until I find what I really want. It''s tough to do when there are so many sparklies tempting us but I would wait. I like doubt means don''t.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2009 7:16:20 AM
Author: bookworm240
Am going to take some deep breathes!

Craving you hit it on the head...what I want I can''t afford right now. DH said the budget would increase greatly next year and in 2010 I am turning 40, so if I had any sense or ability to wait......I would be someone other than who I am!!

Am going to make a play date at some gem stores,,,I did buy a stacking ring to tide me over. I can wear it one, two, or three rings at a time. I will post pictures when available.

Not everyone understands that when you see a ring that you love, it actually hurts to know it is not yours. Maybe I need to start a jewels annon. Anyone want to come to the meeting???
9.gif
I''ll join...just b/c I''m all over the place myself, but I''m patiently waiting for a setting ...another one that''s going to be made (i''m not the type that is really patient but for the master craftsman himself... it will have to wait)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results