shape
carat
color
clarity

Unique pendant I have to share

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this and I'm sharing because I think many here could appreciate it. Uncut crystals tend to be used in big or statement jewelry. Of course nothing's wrong with that but this pendant caught my eye because it looks both quite delicate and uses uncut crystals and overall it's beautiful. The vivid spinels' colour certainly helps. I'm guessing they've been been polished however I've seen unpolished spinel crystals that don't need polishing for their colour/transparency/lustre to be clearly visible. Specs here: http://www.davidwein.com/jewelry/red-spinel-and-white-gold-pendant-00102551/overview/166/10/1

detail_jw_031_00084_350x350_da.jpg

detail_jw_031_00084_350x350_df.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate such things but I also believe the picture to be tweaked. There is so much over-exposure (overly white) of the metal that I think the overall colouration of both the stones and pendant setting to be far less intense in person.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't really appreciate it with the photos the way they are as detail is washed out. :(sad

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I found a better photo but PS is giving me trouble uploading it on my phone. I'll post it later.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you buy it, or are thinking of purchasing it? Is it a Mulitcolour.com piece, as I see its on top of a David Wein (the owner of MC.com) card. Those look like uncut spinel rough crystals. I agree with others that the photo is enhanced, even on the card. There are other jewelry pieces with uncut spinel crystals, although sometimes polished. It's nice to see an uncut crystal in perfect form like that, as some mineral collectors go crazy for that type of thing, as its a complete work of art from Mother Nature. :)

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423756040|3831346 said:
Did you buy it, or are thinking of purchasing it? Is it a Mulitcolour.com piece, as I see its on top of a David Wein (the owner of MC.com) card. Those look like uncut spinel rough crystals. I agree with others that the photo is enhanced, even on the card. There are other jewelry pieces with uncut spinel crystals, although sometimes polished. It's nice to see an uncut crystal in perfect form like that, as some mineral collectors go crazy for that type of thing, as its a complete work of art from Mother Nature. :)

Nooo, not buying, I just like it and felt like sharing. I don't have 1.5k to spend, and probably wouldn't buy it if I did.

Also saw this ring which you actually posted before. I like the look.

spinel_crystal_ring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LoversKites|1423760168|3831385 said:

Nooo, not buying, I just like it and felt like sharing. I don't have 1.5k to spend, and probably wouldn't buy it if I did.

There's also a bracelet in the Smithsonian I think that is completely made of rough red spinels. Their growth structure is identical to diamond. That makes a nice shape for a ring, but just don't poke yourself in the eye. LOL!

https://arganesh3.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/diamond-crystal.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
TL|1423772909|3831508 said:
LoversKites|1423760168|3831385 said:

There's also a bracelet in the Smithsonian I think that is completely made of rough red spinels. Their growth structure is identical to diamond. That makes a nice shape for a ring, but just don't poke yourself in the eye. LOL!

https://arganesh3.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/diamond-crystal.jpg

Good advice :) Yes the octaheadron shape is quite flattering for use in jewelry. I love to see that bracelet someday.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring LK posted and the bracelet TL posted are items I'd love to own and wear. :love:

Dioptase

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Nice spinels octahedral crystals. They are called "Angel Cut" in Burma.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results